Champions League Playoff Draw

The Shots

Banned
Reaction score
This is the draw for the Champions League Playoffs. If you don't know them already, this is the draw:

Code:
Champions Path:
FC Salzburg (AUT) vs. Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC (ISR)
Rosenborg BK (NOR) vs. FC København (DEN)
FC Basel 1893 (SUI) vs. FC Sheriff (MDA)
AC Sparta Praha (CZE) vs. MŠK Žilina (SVK)
FK Partizan (SRB) vs. RSC Anderlecht (BEL)

Non-Champions Path:
BSC Young Boys (SUI) vs. Tottenham Hotspur FC (ENG)
SC Braga (POR) vs. Sevilla FC (ESP)
SV Werder Bremen (GER) vs. UC Sampdoria (ITA)
FC Zenit St. Petersburg vs. (RUS) vs AJ Auxerre (FRA)
FC Dynamo Kyiv (UKR) vs. AFC Ajax (NED)

Spurs got a bit lucky. SV Werder Bremen will have a good match against UC Sampdoria.
We can expect a few less known teams in the group stages with FC Salzburg (AUT) vs. Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC (ISR) or AC Sparta Praha (CZE) vs. MŠK Žilina (SVK) being some easy games for the big teams.

Discuss.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

I hope there isn't another thread on this.

Its interesting how FC Salzburg is growing fast and in my opnion Hapoel Tel Aviv will have a hard job.I think that Hapoel is a favorite in this game,but they won't get through Salzburg easily.I still think Hapoel will grab the win here.

The most interesting games will be:

Clubs that qualify from the interesting matches (in my opinion):Anderlecht,Sevilla,Sampdoria,Auxerre,Ajax.

Its interesting how FC Salzburg is growing fast and in my opnion Hapoel Tel Aviv will have a hard job.I think that Hapoel is a favorite in this game,but they won't get through Salzburg easily.I still think Hapoel will grab the win here.

Clubs that qualify from the interesting matches (in my opinion):Anderlecht,Sevilla,Sampdoria,Auxerre,Ajax.

Partizan, Sevilla, Bremen, Zenit and Ajax to go through :)

Anderlecht, Sevilla, Sampdoria, Zenit & Ajax to go through!

If Bremen play to their full potential, then I can see their match against Sampdoria as a really good one for the neutral.

I like Ajax.. but I'm form Uruguay..
Go Suarez!!

anyone watching sampdoria v werder bremen on sky sports 2 right now.

both teams have had one good chance each with 5 minutes gone a pizzaro fk and pazzini header

Braga vs Sevilla is on Setanta Ireland.

Partizan vs Anderlecht is on Setanta Sports 1.

Just a shame Setanta went bust in the UK

I forgot that - that is a shame. I think Setanta and ESPN have some quality football coverage. Really getting into the MLS at the moment thanks to ESPN (it's just all out attack all the time!)

I forgot that - that is a shame. I think Setanta and ESPN have some quality football coverage. Really getting into the MLS at the moment thanks to ESPN (it's just all out attack all the time!)

I liked Setanta was quite gutted when they went out off buisness but it saved me £10 a month (6) but it was worth the money for Rangers TV :wub:

Just a shame Setanta went bust in the UK

I liked Setanta was quite gutted when they went out off buisness but it saved me £10 a month (6) but it was worth the money for Rangers TV :wub:

Lads are you not going off topic a bit ;)

if you want to talk setanta there's a setanta thread !

----------

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE LATEST SCORES !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/live_scores/default.stm

Vincent Enyema (sp) scored a pen :)

completely missed that game, played braga!

completely missed that game, played braga!

It was a good game -- Braga showed how to play like a team, defending together and doubling up on dangermen, and attacking with intent when the opportunity arose. Pablo Cesar (?) was immense.

Also, some poor fellow making his debut for Anderlecht volleyed past his own GK -- shame it weren't at the right end, lol. best own goal of the season so far.

Last edited:
It was a good game -- Braga showed how to play like a team, defending together and doubling up on dangermen, and attacking with intent when the opportunity arose. Pablo Cesar (?) was immense.

Also, some poor fellow making his debut for Anderlecht volleyed past his own GK -- shame it weren't at the right end, lol. best own goal of the season so far.
the one thing ive notcied over the last 5 or so seasons is how much better the "lesser" teams have become.

hope itv4 show highlights