Champion's League U19 and Europa League U19

PABLOCORREA

Reaction score
Hi,

I just create an update to the U19 team to play in some leagues, such as France, England and Spain.

Also create the cuts in each league as for example the French championship, League Cup and the Cup of France.

Finally, I try to create a Champion's League brings together the best two teams in each league and a Europa League gathering all the winners of each section.

When I test my update in the editor, I have no errors. :)

When I play the game with my update, the champion's league and Europa League does not START:mad:

Both competitions are expected to start on 1 September 2012 for the group draw, but the draw group does not take place, with no error message.

If I go up to 1 September 2013, it is the same thing:S

So here are copies of the screen in Europa League

If some of you now masters the editor, can you tell me or just my problem and how to fix it. :'(

If I could have one update that already includes a Europa League / Champions League works it will help me a lot

|)

I am available in case of problems or questions.

I'm French with a very bad English, so excuse me if this is not very clear.

@ +

Last edited:
All those cups you designed will need their previous winners set if you want the Champions/Europa leagues to load in the first season. Otherwise they might not load until season two once each cup has been won.

All those cups you designed will need their previous winners set if you want the Champions/Europa leagues to load in the first season. Otherwise they might not load until season two once each cup has been won.
Ok Lami, but But why a year after September 1, 2012 (1 September 2013) the Cup does not start (since that date there Winners' Cup)?

Here is the link to my update : Free - Envoyez vos documents

My problem is in the cup "Europa League" and "Nextgen Series", two cuts that I created all parts.

I've set the last winner for all the leagues, and the Nextgen series now loads. I'm sure once the cup winners from 2012 are set, the Europa league will do the same.

Thanks for your help Lami, Can you please get me a link to my update with your changes?

Download file UpdateU19Version2012NvelleC1.dbc

I haven't fixed the Europa Cup but it's the same exercise as i did for the Next Gen series. Go to each individual cup and set the winner from last year. It should then load. You'll probably need to do 1st and 2nd place teams for them all to avoid problems (if the same team won both for example)

All the league winners i set are based on 2011-12 standings ie. Montpellier for Ligue 1, Manchester City for English Premier and so on.

Re,thanks Lami for your file. It takes a long time to see all the winners of cups. I only just finished updating my file, it is being tested. I will confirm as soon as possible if everything is working properly.

Re Lami, i come back. ^^) I tested my changes on 3 seasons, no crash dump, no error messages. :) However I have a problem in my update. :O Take the case of Dortmund, who won the cup germany, and bungesliga. So this team is found in two competitions, the NextGen series, and Europa League :) How to Dortmund that is qualified in the highest competition (NextGen series) and frees a place in the Europa League? :D

Not too sure, i will have a look around though and try to figure it out. Good to see it's getting there. It's a nice idea for a database.

Thank you for your compliments on this update, but it would be even better if it is running at 100%. :) I hope you will be able to help me ..... ;)

It can be fixed, but means you'll need to build everything again from scratch. I'll try and explain as best i can.

Cup competitions created under 'Nation Rules' will take every team you tell it to, and teams can enter more than one cup. This is what has happened.

Cup competitions created under 'Club Continental Rules' will take a certain number of teams from a League or Cup and teams will only enter one. This is what you want to happen.

How do you fix it?

The League system you have made is set on 32 levels, each level containing a single League.

Level 1 - Ligue 1 U19
Level 2 - Ligue 2 U19
Level 3 - English Premier
Level 4 - English Championship
and so on.

The way it should be done is by using sub-divisions to create a 2 level system:

Level 1 - U19 First Divisions (Ligue 1 U19 / English Premier U19 / Liga BBVA U19 ...)
Level 2 - U19 Second Divisions (Ligue 2 U19 / English Championship U19 / Liga Adelante U19 ...)

Now, once that is done, you need to create a duplicate database (Copy and Paste) and then remove the 'Nation Rules). This will save you having to make all the teams again.

On the new database, create a set of 'Club Continental Rules' and create the Next-Gen and Europa U19 cup here.
The added problem here is that you will loose the Champions League / Europa League and European Super Cup, and you'll have to re-make them if you want them back.

There's still a lot of work to get what you want, However i'd say just stick with the teams entering 2 cups. It's a small problem that avoids a bigger one.

ok, I understand what you want me to do (google is my friend!), but I do not know how to do this with the editor. Can you tell me how it should be done in the editor to create sub divisions with two levels please?

Now, once that is done, you need to create a duplicate database (Copy and Paste) and then remove the 'Nation Rules). This will save you having to make all the teams again.
How create a duplicate database, I don't find Copy and Paste in Editor ?

The way you have set them out looks good, be careful that you only have them in either 'Divisions' or 'Secondary Divisions'. Listing the same league in both will cause errors.

To make a duplicate, save the one you are working on...locate the file in your computer's folders, then copy and paste that and give it a new name.

You need to do this as you cannot edit Nation and Continental rules on the same database file.

Creating the 'Club Continental rules' is a lot of work, and not something I can sort tonight. I'll have a go at explaining it tomorrow.

When you say : "To make a duplicate, save the one you are working on...locate the file in your computer's folders, then copy and paste that and give it a new name" , you mean copy files in this directory :C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2013\data\db\1330 or copy file : *.dbc ? Thanks for your help Lami, appointment tomorrow night if you can explain to me later if you do not mind. A very soon.

the more I try to understand what you want I realized, the more I am lost .....

in this example I created two sub divisions, U19 First division and U19 Second Division. In sub division U19 First Division, I added Ligue 1 U19 / English Premier U19 / Liga BBVA U19), in sub division U19 Second Division, I added Ligue 2 U19 / English Championship U19 / Liga Adelante U19) - But I have a question : The U19 First division is a championship that requires teams (see screen copy below), then it's just a group - How to make U19 First Division is just a group (and not a true championship)?

Hi everybody, Who can tell me the error message and tell me how to solve the solve please? Thanks.