marshall1313

Reaction score
Has anyone won the champions league with Spurs, Or the Premier League or the F.A Cup Or The Magic Treble?

If so What tactics did you use?
What players did you sign?
Etc.

Thanks Markus.

The Tottenham squad is actually really good and doesn't need too much changing. I used fairly basic tactics and won the PL and FA cup first season, getting quaters in CL. 2nd season I won PL (on last day), won league cup and got semis of CL. First season the only first teamer I signed was RB Van Der Wiel, used rest of money to sign youngsters. Defoe was great for me. Just make sure you change your tactics for appropriate matches ;)

The Tottenham squad is actually really good and doesn't need too much changing. I used fairly basic tactics and won the PL and FA cup first season, getting quaters in CL. 2nd season I won PL (on last day), won league cup and got semis of CL. First season the only first teamer I signed was RB Van Der Wiel, used rest of money to sign youngsters. Defoe was great for me. Just make sure you change your tactics for appropriate matches ;)

When you say change your tactics for appropriate matches what do you mean by that?

Bigger teams less attacking, smaller teams more attacking etc.

I wouldn't even manager them, nevermind win something with them

so just pretty basic stuff.

just as I said in my first post, I didn't do anything Mourinho like I just did basic tacitcs. Playing on the counter with a slightly more defensive formation/ player selection in tough games gave me 1-0 wins at OT and Anfield, draw at Arsenal and a 1-0 defeat at Chelsea. Only lost 2 PL games 1st season

I've won the Premier League 4 times, CL 3 times, FA Cup 5 times, etc all with Tottenham

For tactics I've used Onox's 4-3-3 the entire game

I found all of Tottenham's starting strikers to be a bit underwhelming, at least for serious European competition so I did away with all of them within my first two seasons

Van Der Vaart, Modric, Kranjcar, Bale, Sandro, and Huddlestone were all great in the MF

Major signings for me were Paulo Henrique and Cristian Benitez at the start of the game, Sergio Aguero during summer '11, and Edin Dzeko and Javier Pastore summer '12

Keep your eyes open for good regens also, especially in Brazil and Argentina. Spurs have a good backline what with Dawson, Bale (also good in MF), Kaboul, Corluka, Bassong, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto - no need to sign any backs for a long time, focus on regens

View attachment 135627