Reaction score
I was just wondering how easy/difficult people find it to win the champions league

How many seasons does it take to win it ?

What round do you usually get to ?

Who knocks you out ?

I realise all this will depend on what team you manage. Just would would like other people experiences

After 3 seasons with Chelsea ( only 2 in champions league) I have been knocked out off Barca in the semis twice. I have tried different tactics but always get knocked out. I'm not just complaining cos I haven't won it straight away as this isn't just on FM 17. It's something that happens regular once you play Barca real Bayern seems like no matter what I do the game won't let me win

Any suggestions help, really frustrating getting knocked out by the same teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won it with Arsenal in the first 2 seasons, the hardest team I've come up against were PSG.

For some reason I def think it's a tad easier, although I think to be honest this version of FM is easier in general

Much like reality, there is an element of luck to getting thru. Not being lucky in an individual match necessarily, but in who you draw, how you match up, injuries, suspensions, etc.

Yeah I understand that, Or did you well done there mate. Do you attack defend or have a balanced approach against tougher teams. I've tried all ways numerous times and most of the time come unstuck.

Thanks for the replys

I use a 352 counter tactic in the Champions League. Been to the QF's in first 2 seasons with Benfica. Now on my third season and I've got Barca in the QF. Won the 1st leg 2-0 at home, and now debating how to approach the away leg. Difficult one!

I would say that you need a lot of luck to win CL and the same way it works in real life :p

Yeah it is, if you defend your just waiting for the inevitable of them scoring. Too many times have Barca scores 2-3 goal in the space of 15 mins against me.

I find it really hard. In my 4th season as United and I've won every other cup but for some reason when my team get to the final they never show up.

Inter last season were the toughest team I came up against.