Champions League

shaun_lufc

Reaction score
well done to liverpool but i hope milan win tomorrow now. anything but scum in the final and i am confident them italians can win...who you think will join liverpool in athens and who will win?

Man U Liverpool final for the win.

I'm always wrong so I'll go for Milan to win tomorrow.

V. Happy! prefer Liverpool by far, very happy they won.

I was hoping the scousers won because i hate chelsea and mourinho more than them, and also i think if we get to the final we have a better chance agaisnt them. Also couldnt stand to see Chelsea winnin the Cl, i dont mind Benitez as much even if it is liverpool.

Hopefully we can go thru, am obv prayin we do...vidic and rio might be playin but hopefully they wont get injured again if they play. also scholes/cristy/heinze better not get booked, if we make the final. CMON UNITED.

I would love it if cristi was banned 4 final that would be soo funny. i h8 that man.

i would like 2 c all english final cs find find it highly amusing if Liverpool could **** utd.

i admit chelsea played quite ***** last night our best player was makelele ( when does he have a bad game?) but the rest of the team really couldnt be bothered when drogba lost the ball he never tryed to win it back, just done what he does best and moaned. joe cole didnt do alot and the subs didnt change the match at all!

I missed the game last night but I'm glad Liverpool went through as I like them a lot more than Chelsea.

Tonight is going to be massive for Man Utd, I hope they go for the win!

I love watchin Liverpool in champs league -amazin atmosphere, Man U sound like they are gettin dicked on, can't say i'm suprised. A lot too ask to hold out for a 0-0 away in Milan

i am happy that scum aren't in the final. bang! goes there treble wishes..get prem maybe n thats about it :D

boo Milan shouldnt even be in the champs league...cheats hope Liverpool win :)

No Didi Hamann this year to mark Kaka out of the game, lets hope Mascherano or Sissoko can keep him quiet.

I think we should be able to win on the night, Rafa will know how to beat them.

Mascherano would keep him shut for sure. For me Liverpool are def the great teams in europe and I def fancy them to win.

Oh well there's always next year for Man Utd.

I'd like Liverpool to win the final although I'm not too arsed as long as it's an entertaining game :)

Didnt see the Man U game, but I never expected 3-0. Shame as an all English final would have been fantastic.

I want to make excuses about not having our first choice defence and that Milan have been able to rest players whereas we technically havent; AND Milan shouldnt even be in the Champions League, but thats irrelevant.

We weren't good enough, and just had one of those nights where our big players couldnt do it. We missed a leader, e.g. Keane-when were 2-0 down it was reminescent of Juve in 99 but we had the best captain in the world then. Neville is a leader, even Ferdinand is, but Giggs isn't really compared to those two, and his age probably showed. Although Fletcher has been great the last few weeks, I think the game showed we still need someone like Hargreaves who can sit and stop the attacking team like Gattuso did, even though the amount of fouls he committed and didnt get booked for took the ****. Our away form in Europe needs majorly improving if we're gona win it soon though, but I hope with a Hargreaves and one or two additions, and an injury-free defence next year we can do it.

Essay over.

I'd like Liverpool to win the final although I'm not too arsed as long as it's an entertaining game :)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I think i'll be physically sick if Liverpool win it again, we need to get behind Milan! Hopefully Milan will play like they did last night and hammer Liverpool, but I couldnt care if its a boring game and Milan win.

We will win it soon, dont worry about that. We deffo need those potential signings in the summer, like ajw said, getting a defensive midfielder would greatly improve us, although carrick is good, he isnt what i would call a ball winner. I also think that we could do with another striker, Louis Saha is good, but not good enough at the minute.

Give it another season, and if we improve the squad, dont see why we shouldnt be making the finals next season.

AC MILAN OPT FOR WHITE STRIP IN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL

AC Milan have opted to wear their all-white strip for the Champions League final against Liverpool in Athens on May 23, a repeat of the 2005 final which the English Premiership side won on penalties.
Milan were drawn as the home side for the final and could have worn their famous red and black striped shirts.

But just as in the 2005 final, Milan have chosen their second strip, allowing Liverpool to wear their traditional red kit.

Milan's white strip had proved lucky before they lost the Istanbul final two years ago.

Before that the Serie A giants had won four European Cups wearing white, in 1963, 1990, 1989 and 2003.

Liverpool were 3-0 down at half-time in the 2005 final but pegged Milan back with three goals in a six-minute spell.

Extra-time failed to separate the two sides and Liverpool won the shoot-out to lift the trophy.

It's forgot to mention all of our European Cup wins have been against teams wearing white... I think, or atleast the majority of them. :)

hmmm, Milan should have just worn their Red and black, its more traditional and intimidating...maybe