Sneijder pledges future to Inter

sunilvk7 - I'm sure the gloating can resume when that transfer is tied up ;)

Liverpool failed to sign him as he wanted to sign for United. Whether we complete the move or not is for other day ;)

Do you think you'll still pay £30m+ for Modric? There's a possibility that Spurs may need to sell to correct the imbalance in their accounts for losing out on CL football but they'll be ramping up the price to silly levels given they'll need to replace him too.

What would of stopped us paying 30million, Spurs wont ask for much more then that, No matter what Good old arry decides to tell us, He knows, as i do, as you do, as anyone does, Mister Levy will make the call, and he is a business man.

Do you think you'll still pay £30m+ for Modric? There's a possibility that Spurs may need to sell to correct the imbalance in their accounts for losing out on CL football but they'll be ramping up the price to silly levels given they'll need to replace him too. Be interesting to see.

In fairness, it's daft money some of these players want. If FFP forces some of them to realise that they'll just have to do a bit of saving with the £30m+ they'll earn over a decade, great stuff.

---

sunilvk7 - I'm sure the gloating can resume when that transfer is tied up ;)

Think we will do, but seems SAF is keeping an eye on the Nasri situation. Cant see Modric going for more than 35m (still a lot mind)

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

What would of stopped us paying 30million, Spurs wont ask for much more then that, No matter what Good old arry decides to tell us, He knows, as i do, as you do, as anyone does, Mister Levy will make the call, and he is a business man.

think the only reason we can do business is becuase the Spurs didnt get CL. If they had, think we would have bowed to Sneijders huge demands.

Think we will do, but seems SAF is keeping an eye on the Nasri situation. Cant see Modric going for more than 35m (still a lot mind)

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

think the only reason we can do business is becuase the Spurs didnt get CL. If they had, think we would have bowed to Sneijders huge demands.

Think Modric will push for transfer if his latest interview is not just a rumor. Champions league football is what attracts player and once he has played it, he will be wanting to play in the competition again. And also I dont think next year Spurs will finish top 4..

Modric's book value to Spurs is £8.25m. So that's the bare minimum they'll accept otherwise they'd be booking a loss. However, if they're looking to make up the loss of CL revenue on the transfer that needs to be added on (£30m?). Think you're looking closer to £40m for him all told.

Nasri would be a good call but really can't see Wenger letting his players go to rivals in the Premier League.

Modric's book value to Spurs is £8.25m. So that's the bare minimum they'll accept otherwise they'd be booking a loss. However, if they're looking to make up the loss of CL revenue on the transfer that needs to be added on (£30m?). Think you're looking closer to £40m for him all told.

Nasri would be a good call but really can't see Wenger letting his players go to rivals in the Premier League.

At the end of the season it probably would have been, but i think Modrics comments may go in our favour. We will see though; whether its closer to 30 or 40m, very few players are worth it but he is one of the few that is.

Happy he isn't coming to United and Chelsea for that matter.

I think people are reading too much in to this. It doesn't mean he won't leave Inter, neither does it mean he won't stay, but I definitely wouldn't be surprised if he does leave Inter this summer.

I think people are reading too much in to this. It doesn't mean he won't leave Inter, neither does it mean he won't stay, but I definitely wouldn't be surprised if he does leave Inter this summer.

I'd rather he stay where he is if he is asking for 200k p/w... On a good note this means that Josh M. will get the chances he rightfully deserves

I'd rather he stay where he is if he is asking for 200k p/w... On a good note this means that Josh M. will get the chances he rightfully deserves

We need a first team playmaker though (although I think Josh could do it now, he won't get the chance) and I don't think getting a playmaker will affect his chance of playing more games personally, we just need to start rotating more.

We need a first team playmaker though (although I think Josh could do it now, he won't get the chance) and I don't think getting a playmaker will affect his chance of playing more games personally, we just need to start rotating more.

I reckon there are much cheaper options around other than Sneijder and younger

I reckon there are much cheaper options around other than Sneijder and younger

Yeah I agree, but we definitely need someone.

---------- Post added 12/06/2011 at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was 11/06/2011 at 01:22 PM ----------

Just as I said - he didn't "pledge his future to Inter".
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6986044,00.html