Abasni

Reaction score
Okay, I'm getting very annoyed now!

I seem to have an issue with the FM editor in that any changes I make don't seem to save. I have checked and rechecked the attributes of the file and its parent folders, saved it in both XML and DBC formats and even re-installed FM on both DVD and Steam formats just to make sure there were no foul-ups.... and still I cannot seem to make my changes stick. All I want to do is remove about 8 players from a team... but it just WILL NOT LET ME!!! AARRRGGHH!!!

Anyway any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Oh, and everything worked fine up until a day or so ago.

Can you do other stuff like add new leagues or have everything stopped working for you?

I assume you're doing everything right when you get to the FM part (choosing the right custom DB etc) as you've done stuff like this before?

I haven't tried anything more than trying to remove a few players, but I am toying with the idea of saving as an XML file and going through it, removing the players manually. I'll post if it wirks or not.

Did you use the remove or the clear button?

I find that the clear button doesnt work, but the remove button does.

@Jake

I tried combinations of both... removing from club, then deleting completely, just deleting completely and even manually changing contracts to 'NONE'... still no joy... Gonna try that XML thing as its the only way I can see it working.

Have you removed players from a club before and worked? Like Jake said you need to click remove and not clear

I've never had any problems removing players before... I edited the whole of Andorra, removing players to make way for my custom nation and it worked fine, I have a save from that 3 seasons in, but for some strange reason it just won't remove anything anymore, and now I've found a duplicate player with a unique ID in game that doesn't exist in the editor.... I'd be pulling my hair out about now if I had any.

Are you ticking more than one set of custom data on the load database screen?

Nope, I only have the one that I'm working on... Just going through the XML of it now