zylya

Reaction score
So I've changed Andorra to a new country, whose language is English. The only problem I'm getting is that newly generated players all have Spanish sounding names. Is there any way to change this so it's English, and also change it so that players have a higher chance of having English dual nationality?

Cheers.

You can change the names manually via FMRTE, but otherwise I don't know

i don't know about the dual nationality but you could try to change the cities so they are mainly english speaking.

the only thing i can think of for the dual nationality is maybe putting some andorran coaches in english teams and vice versa in the hope this helps.

unless you change alot of the english players with say under 20 pa to have a second nationality of andorran and vice versa in the hope that the game will notice the level of andorran/ english duel nationalists is fairly high and try to keep that number up.

If you go into the editor, search for andorra, double click etc.... look on the 'details' tab, change the region to UK & Ireland... that should give you British names, and a higher chance of dual nationalities, with England, Scotland, ROI, NI, and Wales

Note that 'should', i have never tried this before, but i'm guessing that would be the logical solution to your problem, if that doesn't work, then i don't know what will.

Last edited:
Make sure that the cities within Andorra have Language spoken set as English. If the national language is English but they only speak Spanish in Andorran cities, no one will speak or have English names

Ok, to be honest I'm not too concerned about English dual nationality, so we'll forget about that one. I changed the country's region to UK & Ireland, I've set the city's language to English and I've set the region of the cities to South-East (England). For the most part, apart from some coaches and a couple of players, the majority of the squads in Andorra have English player names. Close enough.

Now for the complicated bit (gold star for anyone who gets this). In addition to creating an Andorra league I created an "exile" team in the English system, so nation of England, but in an Andorran city (exactly how Swansea/Cardiff et al work). While the other teams within Andorra's league have the correct naming now, the exile team retains totally Spanish-sounding names, which is totally crazy, because the nation is set to England (and all the rest is the same). Any thoughts on how to solve that issue?

Many thanks to all that have commented for the previous one - the city language and region made a huge difference :) Just trying to fix this last bit to finish off!