Changing Player Attribute Colours In FM 2010

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Step 1

You need to download 2 skins for FM 2010 first so that you can edit the files. DOWNLOAD THE 2 SKINS HERE

Step 2

Once downloaded extract the 2 folders (base2010 & base2010 dark) to...

..\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\skins\

Step 3

You now need to edit one of the files inside those skin folders. Open the following file in Notepad (depending whether you want to use the light or dark skin)

Light Skin
..\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\skins\settings\base2010 settings.xml

Dark Skin
..\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\skins\base2010 dark\settings\base2010 dark setting.xml

Step 4

Once you have opened up the file the section you want to look at is where it says profile attribute colours.

SS_2009-10-30_23-08-29.png

Step 5

The colour values are in RGB (Red Green Blue) format.

SS_2009-10-30_23-15-26.png

I recommend using an online site such as ColorSchemer Online to find out the RGB values.

Step 6

For this example I am only going to edit the Excellent attribute. I want to choose a red colour so on ColorSchemer Online i pick a nice red colour and it shows the RGB values on the left hand side...

SS_2009-10-30_23-20-18.png

So if I enter those values into the file I should get...

SS_2009-10-30_23-21-54.png

Step 7

Once you are done editing the colours Save The File!

Now open up FM 2010 and go to the Preferences Screen.

Step 8

Go to the Display & Sound tab and under Skin choose the skin you edited. I edited Base 2010. Also make sure that Skin Cache is UNTICKED.

SS_2009-10-30_23-23-54.png

Step 9

Click Confirm and allow the skin to load.

SS_2009-10-30_23-25-22.png

FINISHED

If you did everything as described your FM screen should have went from this...

SS_2009-10-30_23-23-27.png

to this....

SS_2009-10-30_23-26-56.png

It dose look pretty hard but to be honest it is so easy just change a few numbers in a file how easy can you get.

Thanks Sean.

The first bit is confusing. But once you get to the last bit all you need to do is change a few numbers.

sweet mate looks much better and clearer,
thanx for the info and nohow.

Sean has anybody ever told you you're a genius?! Do you work in IT?

Sean has anybody ever told you you're a genius?! Do you work in IT?

I'm glad I could help some people. I know it's not the easiest guide. If anybody creates a good colour scheme why not upload it so people can download it :)

Yeah i have told him a few times ;)

And he works in a leisure ( i think )

Part time at a leisure center but I'm at University on a computing course.

thanks sean its really easy to do, works a treat

Could you just upload the skin with changed colours? Would be easiest without all the hassle... I'd really like the red high skill color.

Here is the file I created in the post above if you want to download it and overwrite the default file.

Does anyone have any suggestions for colour schemes for the different attributes levels, i tried a few but they just looked wierd on the dark skin.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any suggestions for colour schemes for the different attributes levels, i tried a few but they just looked wierd on the dark skin.

Red - Excellent
Blue - Good
Leave the rest.

That is what i have and it looks pretty good to be honest and if you can really see the blue on a black background maybe try Green or White

Thanks for this Sean. A lot better now.

By the way, is there a bit of code for the 'Last 5 Games' bars you can change the colours for?

Great. But I need to change the colours "Tresholds" I think is the word..

I want the colours like this:

White 1-9
Yellow 10-14
Red 15-20

Only 3 Colours with those "numbers"

How do I change it to that??