readie81

Reaction score
I am in my 4th season as man united and hit the stage where i need a new challenge. I applied for the inter job and went for the interview but failed (di matteo got it). He hadn't the same resume i had but obviously is italian speaking so this may be why. I could also have answered some of the questions not as well though the feedback did not show this. My question is has anyone changed jobs to a different league and did anyone else have a similar experience?

It's not just languages spoken, its mainly dependant on the answers you give, if it aligns with their philosophies etc

I've had similar things happen on previous FM's, but on FM17 I'm enjoying my Arsenal save so not really had to go through the interview process. Although I did apply for the Bayern job and didn't even get an interview because they couldn't agree compensation with Arsenal!

Thanks for that. I have enjoyed my united save but barring the fa cup i have won all the trophies and have won the league each year by a margin. I quite like the idea of building my management credentials elsewhere and returning once the team has fallen somewhat. Budget next season is something silly like 124 million and i only have to buy possibly a defensive midfielder

Thing is it's not like ya can just keep applying either cause you'll end up getting sack!

All I can say is try and suck up as much as ya can in an interview lol; seriously just give the answers they want rather than the ones you want to give