Changing the future of clubs worldwide - A Journeyman's Tale

Rootsey

Reaction score
Hello welcome to my story. I have been reading and commenting on people's stories on here for a long time and now its finally my turn to give something back to the community. I am currently in the 2020/2021 season so will give you a brief outline of my travels so far as I look to bring glory to clubs who have been successful in the past both in Europe and across the rest of the globe.

Manager Biography
View attachment 384245

Liverpool

As you can see from the picture, my tale started in Liverpool. Inspired by their on field success I looked to take the helm at Liverpool and bring success to the red side of Merseyside once again. With just two signings in Vietto and Will Hughes, we took the league by storming beating our nearest rivals Man City to the league by 8 points. Second season started brightly but I think the fact I tried changing the squad too much (Spending ?140m and getting rid of ?90m) was my downfall as the team did not gel and I left them for pastures new just after January 2015 with them fighting for euro places. I had left them with an abundance of regens who now feature prominently across the globe.

Inter Milan

So onto my next club which was Inter Milan. Having finished 9th first season I took them over in about March in the same sort of position but guided them too 5th, just about steering them back into Europe. Second season at Inter is where the magic started. I brought in youth who could cut it in Serie A spending ?80m (?40m of which was funded by Ranocchia going to PSG) My first whole season at Milan, I lead them too the Serie A title and the Italian cup, an amazing double. Second season I repeated my league win and also won the super cup. I left them in the same situation as Liverpool with a load of regens to stabilize their future, as I saw a new conquest in Germany.

Hoffenheim

Now I won't be writing much about Hoffenheim as it was a disaster. I saw potential in the squad and their results were living up to them expecations. In the 9 games I was in Germany I only won once and the team was not performing for me like Liverpool and Inter. I resigned swiftly before I got the sack and waited till the end of the season where an interesting project came up.

I will leave it here for now and my next post will introduce you to my new team Real Union. I will also inform you about my International travels.​

View attachment 384232

Real Union

So after my disastrous time out in Germany, I was just waiting for the right job to turn up when a message popped into my inbox 'Tycoon eyes Real Union'. They had just been relegated from the Adelante so I thought I would load up the second division of Spain and hope for the best. The takeover went through and and they sacked their manager for being relegated. I immediately applied for the job and got it (who would turn down a world cup winning manager in the Spanish third tier) and this is where my new journey started.
As you can see I spent ludicrous amounts of money for a 3rd tier side and with that I easily got promoted with some players who were good enough to be Liga BBVA players.

View attachment 384230

So with that I moved back into the Adelante at the first time of asking. Now I wasn't favorite to go up this season despite my riches as there was some strong teams lurking such as Getafe and Deportivo. I spent big again on some people and finished 2nd in the league. A massive achievement for me despite all the money I had available to me.
View attachment 384229
View attachment 384228

I will go into more depth about my first season the Liga BBVA in the next post as this is where my story really begins.

National Team Management

I was put in charge of Brazil u23s for the Olympics which I had every interest in to put another trophy on my mantelpiece. However like I said just above, Spain came calling and I couldn't turn them down. With Spain so far I have won the world cup in 2018 and got to the semi finals of Euro2020. I am half way through qualifying for the 2022 world cup and have won all my group games but I will do a bigger post on Spain soon.

So that is the past of my career, I am just coming to the end of my first season in the Liga BBVA so I will go into more detail with the games and I will let you meet my squad next time round.

Looking good mate, Glad you won the league with Liverpool and always like a foreign story in the lower leagues KIU

Love this type of story man! looks good, will be following.

View attachment 383718
2020-2021

Now I was going to introduce to introduce you too my squad properly, but my internet was down last night and I have powered my way through the start of the season after so my squad has changed again significantly. Therefore I will do my transfers, league results & End of year awards and then the next post will be my squad for the 2021-2022 season :)
View attachment 383717

Again I spent quite a bit of money on players this year mainly on one person but still. The free transfers I have brought in are 4* CA players who got released by some big teams such as Arsenal so I have a lot of faith in them. Victor Colmenarejo was worth ?7m but had a release clause of ?6.25m so I smelt young spanish profit at least if he didn't perform well. On the out fronts, the main sales were players who were not ready for first team but had bright futures (Yanguas & Fernandez) both who had their release clauses met when I didn't think they would. Mcluskey was sold on for a tidy profit as I didn't think he would be playing as much as some of my other players over took him ability wise.

View attachment 383716View attachment 383715View attachment 383714

Well what can I say, we was predicted 17th at the beginning of the season so I was expecting a relegation dog fight for the first time in this save. However my players completely defied the odds and finished the season in 6th place. I don't think I ever dropped into the bottom half either which is an accomplishment within itself. To top the season off I got to a cup final where we got slaughtered by Atletico Madrid, which was a freak result that I cannot explain.

View attachment 383713

So there we have it what an amazing season, awards wise we wont most improved team of the year, I came 2nd in manager of the year and Victor Colmanarejo was named in the Liga BBVA team of the year. My personal Awards for the squad would have to be:

Player of the Season
Victor Colmanarejo
P 40(3)
Gls 17
Asts 21
Av R - 7.38

Top Goal Scorer
Jesus Acha
P 30 (7)
Gls 21
Asts 6
Av R - 7.10

I would of done a young player of the season but as the two above are only 21 and 22 I didn't see the point. So next season there will be a few more ins and outs as I look to make sure my squad for a European adventure. Hopefully I don't get second season syndrome but only time will tell. Next post will be a meet the team special :)

EDIT: I don't know why the transfers and fixtures won't load but they ain't. I have tried renaming them as well so they haven't got any apostrophes so I will have another go later :)

Last edited:
Looking good man! Can we have a screenshot of Colmanarejo? Also who got Manager of the season?

Looking good man! Can we have a screenshot of Colmanarejo? Also who got Manager of the season?

Barcelona's Martino who is still there from the start and yes, I will be doing a meet the team, with screenshots of all the players for the new season next post :)

Barcelona's Martino who is still there from the start and yes, I will be doing a meet the team, with screenshots of all the players for the new season next post :)

OK cool. I hate that he won it over you. Always seems to happen in FM with manager of the season, surely the relegation favourites finishing 6th is more of an achievement than the favourites winning?

OK cool. I hate that he won it over you. Always seems to happen in FM with manager of the season, surely the relegation favourites finishing 6th is more of an achievement than the favourites winning?

I thought it was a bit harsh as well but never mind!

View attachment 383447

Transfers & Meet the squad

View attachment 383448
Think I got carried away with my transfers this summer as I looked to improve my team for Europe. I strengthend my front line with Aurelio and Walter coming in on free transfers. Midfield I brought in Etxebarria another attacking midfielder to sit with Colmanarejo and Sastre as I am debating whether to change formations this season. Also I brought in Manuel Gomez on a free to add to my Spanish contingency as he is class compared to my other LBs. Last of all my scout team chucked this player called Dude, now at first I wanted to sign him because of his name then I saw he was a striker and didn't feel like I needed another, however, his attributes made me sell a couple of players and tweak my budgets to bring him in. I haven't seen many people with finishing 20 on this years game!

In terms of leaving the club Acin was a back up keeper who never fulfilled his potential, Garcia, Victor and Fernando were the same as Acin in their specific positions. Pozinarea was the striker I sacrificed for Dude and Londono was another player to make way although this leaves me really short at RB now but I really wanted Dude!

Now the bit you have all waited for, let me introduce you to my team of mainly regens!

Meet the team

Goalkeepers

View attachment 383445 View attachment 383442
One of my last non regen players is Fernando Pacheco who I signed in my second season at the club. Was looking to replace him in the summer but my two free transfer targets went elsewhere. His deputy is Lekue who I gave a Spain debut to cause he had potential but hasn't met it.

Defenders

View attachment 383440

My only natural right back at this moment in time (and he is injured :S) is Mads Ingvaldsen or as I am going to call him 'Mads'. Signed him for free in my first season in the Liga BBVA and despite only being 'A good Liga BBVA RB' he put in some solid performances and will do until at least Jan.

View attachment 383436 View attachment 383435
My two right backs are Manuel Gomez and Sergio Menendez. Gomez has 3 Spain caps given to him by me when he played for Bordeaux and then I snapped him up on a free. Menendez has been there since I started and his an adequate back up for now.

View attachment 383422View attachment 383421View attachment 383420 View attachment 383419
I introduce my 4 CBs, the latter two are my Starters in Robert and Hansen. Robert I paid big money for in the Liga Adelante because teams new I had money and Hansen was another coup on a free. De Haan was a free from Spurs and will be rotating atleast with the two starters and Fernandez is good back up for both CB and RB.

Right that is it for now, let me know what you think of my defence and GKs. Tomorrow morning it will be time to post my Midfield and Strikeforce including Dude and Colmanarejo!​