Guldbrand

Reaction score
I started a new save with Chelsea and I tried out something quite special, that seems to be working very well. Although its at an early stage in the testing, and I still have to play against more better teams to really be able to evaluate the tactic. Then I really find it interesting and I wanted to share it with you already.

The tactic might seems very defensive, but with 4 attacking duties in the back 5, its actually quite offensive.
The main idea behind this tactic is to bring some "chaos" into the pitch, and cause a lot of confusion for the opponents - Because, who is really going to mark 4 offensive defenders running through the middle of the pitch??

5-1-2-2.jpg

This is the expected runs in this tactic - Although I have seen my wide central-backs running on the flanks as well.
So when I am in defense, I have a lot of players behind the ball - and on top with that, I have a defensive midfielder covering the area in front - In my case Kante who is fantastic in this role!

But when I am in offense, I suddenly have 4 players from the defense that switches to support the attacks, and give more players to cover the central midfield along with the DM and the two IW.

running path.png

My results so far this season:
11 wins, 2 draws in 13 games.

I scorer almost 2.5 goals pr. game and conceding 0.75 - So a well balanced tactic in my opinion.

results.png

Sorry for the short description - But I hope someone else would like to pick up the tactic and test it as well.
There are not a download - But you can see all roles and instructions to plug it in your self. (there are not any individual instructions)