Bullardinho

Reaction score
View attachment 115698

Associação Chapecoense de Futebol

Associação Chapecoense de Futebol or Chapecoense as it is more commonly known, is a Brazilian association football club based in the city of Chapecó in the state of Santa Catarina. The club's home matches are played at Estádio Regional Índio Condá, or Arena Condá for short.

The club was founded in 1973 with the goal of restoring football in the city of Chapecó. They went on to win the state championship, the Campeonato Catarinense for the first time in 1977. The club has since gone on to win five state titles to date, most recently in 2016. Chepocoense is a relatively small club, spending the majority of its 43 years in the 3rd​ tier of Brazilian football, even playing in the 4th​ tier as recently as 2009. They eventually entered Brazil's top division, Série A, in 2014, for the first time since 1979.

On the evening of 28th November 2016, LaMia Flight 2933, carrying 77 people including the staff and players from Brazilian club Chapecoense, crashed as it approached Medellín, Colombia due to an electrical failure suspected to have been caused by a lack of fuel. Sadly 71 people died, meaning only 6 survived. Among the survivors were left back Alan Ruschel, centre-back Neto and backup goalkeeper Follmann, whose leg was amputated due to the severity of his injuries sustained. Goalkeeper Danilo initially survived the crash, but later died before arriving at hospital. Chapecoense goalkeeper Nivaldo, who was fortunate enough to not be on the plane that fateful day, announced his immediate retirement, stating he could never play football again.

Due to the crash, the 2016 Copa Sudamericana Finals in which the team were due to play was suspended indefinitely. Their opponents, Atletico Nacional of Colombia, offered to concede the tie to allow Chapecoense to be awarded the championship. On 4 December 2016, Chapecoense's interim president announced that CONMEBOL would be granting the club the tournament title and prize money.

Several big names including Ronaldinho, Eidur Gudjohnsen and Riquelme have all been rumoured to have offered their services to the club as an unpaid player. Brazilian clubs have also agreed to loan out players to them for free and a request has been filed with the Brazilian FA, requesting that the club should be immune from relegation for three years.

This story is a tribute to those that lost their lives on the 28th November, 2016. Whilst I cannot personally do anything of any real significance, I can at least do my best to try and put this club in the Brazilian hall of fame, hopefully making some of those fallen players a legend on the way. I will be signing players on the way as I will need to improve the squad eventually, but for each of those players that died, I will keep them at the club until they retire, even those that are on loan at the club will be signed permanently whenever possible.

In Memory of:

Players

Ailton Cesar Junior Alves da Silva (Canela), 22
Dener Assunção Braz (Dener), 25
Marcelo Augusto Mathias da Silva (Marcelo), 25
Matheus Bitencourt da Silva (Matheus Biteco), 21
Mateus Lucena dos Santos (Caramelo), 22
Guilherme Gimenez de Souza (Gimenez), 21
Lucas Gomes da Silva (Lucas Gomes), 26
Everton Kempes dos Santos Gonçalves (Kempes), 34
Arthur Brasiliano Maia (Arthur Maia), 24
Ananias Eloi Castro Monteiro (Ananias), 27
Marcos Danilo Padilha (Danilo), 31
Filipe José Machado (Filipe Machado), 32
Sérgio Manoel Barbosa Santos (Sérgio Manoel), 27
José Gildeixon Clemente de Paiva (Gil), 29
Bruno Rangel Domingues (Bruno Rangel), 34
Cléber Santana Loureiro (Cléber Santana), 35
Josimar Rosado da Silva Tavares (Josimar), 30
Willian Thiego de Jesus (Thiego), 30
Tiago da Rocha Vieira Alves (Tiaguinho), 22

Staff

Luiz Carlos Saroli (Caio Júnior), Coach, 51

Passado mas não esquecido!

View attachment 115699

Last edited:
A really nice and sentimental opening post.

Love the idea of raising the profile of the club and players, even if it is just on the forum.

Hope it goes well.

View attachment 115697

Bullardinho Takes Charge of Verdão

View attachment 115695

Chapecoense have today announced that English born Bullardinho will take charge as their new manager with immediate effect.

Bullardinho’s take over does not mean the end for current first team coach Caio Júnior, who will now been taking on his new role as silent Director and Ambassador for the club.

Although Bullardinho is virtually unheard of in the local community, there is an air of optimism around the city of Chapecó, with the new manager already stating he will stop at nothing to make this club Brazils undisputed number one.

Manager Profile

View attachment 115696
On paper Bullardinho has all the attributes to make a future legendary manager. He also looks suspiciously like Oliver Giroud?!

Last edited:
A really nice and sentimental opening post.

Love the idea of raising the profile of the club and players, even if it is just on the forum.

Hope it goes well.

Thanks, not sure if all the facts are 100% accurate at this point, purely going on news paper articles, I will update if needed.

Yeah, no better way to honour them really, I want all of those that lost their lives to receive a Serie A winning medal at least.

Thanks again, I just hope I can do them justice now and not get sacked after 6 months.

Been waiting for a story like this, brilliant idea.

View attachment 115689

The Squad

View attachment 115688
Having seen the first team squad for the first time, I am actually really surprised at the amount of depth and quality we have in most positions. We definitely have a lot of cover for the spine of the team, leading me to believe we I may have to incorporate a narrow formation, taking advantage of the players we have in CD, DM, AMC and ST.

Key Players

Cleber Santana

View attachment 115687
Club captain Cléber Santana Loureiro is an experienced central midfielder who has spent the majority of his career playing in the top flight of Brazilian football, with teams like Flamengo, Santos and Sao Paulo to name a few. He also spent time in Spain with Athletico Madrid, before going on loan to Mallorca, where he managed to score some crucial goals, including a winning goal against Barcelona and a superb solo effort in a 3-1 victory against Real Madrid. I not only hope he wins a medal or two, but he remains at the club until he wishes to retire.

Mateus Caramelo

View attachment 115685
Mateus Lucena dos Santos a.k.a Caramelo, is a young right back currently on loan from Sao Paolo. He is still young and very inexperienced, with only a small number of first team appearances to his name. He does however have some very good attributes for a young wingback and will certainly play an important role in our first team. I am hoping that at some point we will be able to make him a permanent signing, although based on our financial situation, it doesn’t look likely this season.

Lucas Gomes

View attachment 115683
Lucas Gomes da Silva is a right winger currently on loan from Serie B club Londrina Esporte Clube. I have picked Lucas as a key player as I feel he is a player that is yet to hit his peak. After spending most of his career in the Serie C and Serie B, Lucas eventually signed for Londrina in 2013, consequently going on loan each season to Sampaio Corrêa, Icasa and lastly Fluminense, before finding his way to Chapecoense. It was at Fluminese that he finally made his Serie A debut in May 2015 and later scored his only top flight goal. He has now made it to top level and I want to help him stay here, hopefully with the addition of a medal or two.

Can't help but feel sadness while reading your posts. Good luck and all the best with it mate.

Have always loved Matheus Biteco on FM. Only now realised he was at Chapeco and among the dead. Even more devastated now.

Get in there bullardinho this story has emotional resonance!

Viva Chape.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thanks for of all support guys. I have to admit I am finding myself get quite emotional reading up on all of those involved. Every time a one of the 19 score a goal or put in a match winning performance I actually feel proud. I can an honestly say in the 20+ years of playing CM/FM I have never been so deeply immersed in a save. Next update is coming shortly!

Great story, will be following with interest and might even do this save myself. I can imagine its very emotional to do!

View attachment 115580

Player Sales

First thing on my to do list was to try and generate a small amount of funds. Our bank balance was currently in the negative and because our pre-season started in the winter 2015-2016, it meant that friendly opportunities were limited, in fact almost non-existent. The only real way of generating enough cash to keep us afloat would be through player sales, but of course with my loyalties being bound to at least 19 members of this team, it meant I had to be very careful with not only who I allowed to leave, but also making sure I do not upset any of my remaining players.

Maccabi Tel Aviv Sign Chape Duo

View attachment 115579
I have a fair few options in the centre of defence and both Demerson and Rafael Lima would have been considered ‘back ups’ for the first team. Their departure brings in a much needed £560k and frees up a decent amount on the wage bill. I would have loved to keep the whole squad together for as long as possible but such is the poor financial stability of the club it just wasn’t going to be possible. I certainly will not be looking at any future sales for the time being.

Great story, will be following with interest and might even do this save myself. I can imagine its very emotional to do!

Cheers buddy. I recommend it, it's strange, I’ll be honest, I had never heard of Chapecoense before the tragedy hit our headlines, now I feel an emotional attachment to the team.

View attachment 115578

New Signings

Gustavo Cascardo - Free

View attachment 115577

The first of my new additions was eighteen year old right back, Gustavo Cascardo. Having spent nine years at his first club Portuguesa, he finally made his first team appearance, going on to make three more before having his contract rescinded shortly after. Gutsavo then went on to secure a contract at Serie A club Atlético Paranaense, although he was once again released, without making a single appearance. Although he may need some work, Gustavo clearly has some potential, with good pace and agility, a great first touch and solid tackling, I am sure he will improve in time, especially with a fair amount of determination.

Serginho - Free

View attachment 115576

My next a signing was a defensive minded midfielder by the name of Serginho. At the age of 27, this will be his first taste of Serie A football. His most noticeable club appearances coming for Botofogo and more recently Bragantino, both in Serie B. Serginho has had a long career and played for many clubs, but never been afforded the chance in the top division. I think he has very solid mental and physical stats, with some decent technical attributes too. Don’t get me wrong, I definitely will not be asking him to take any set pieces, or shoot at all for that matter, but with 12 stats all 15+ in key areas, he will certainly serve a purpose.

Edu - Free

View attachment 115575

Edu will be my final signing of the window. He will actually be a player a many may be familiar with, due to his time in Europe with clubs like Schalke 04, VFL Bochum, Mainz 05 and Besiktas. The rest of his career has been spent in Asia where he has found a decent level of success. Having made over 300 appearance across 3 continents and scoring in each of them, he will bring a good level of experience which I shall use to tutor the younger lads.

January

I must admit, it has thrown me a little with the season beginning in January. I had a long period of time to work with the squad throughout December, working out who our best players are and the style of football which best suits the team. I also had to get to grips with the football system in Brazil, with there being two football league systems to compete in, the national and state pyramids. I still have a lot to learn and with only one arranged friendly to test our new system, we are then thrown straight into the deep end of the Santa Catarina State Championship league stages.

Results

View attachment 115571

Our only friendly of the pre-season was against Ypiranga, a club that plays its football the Campeonato Gaúcho, which is the top flight professional football league in the Brazilian state of Rio Grande do Sul. Despite the clubs stature they actually have a 30,000 seater stadium named Estádio Olímpico Colosso da Lagoa (Interesting fact: Pele scored the first ever goal there). My first game in charge didn’t go as planned, we actually lacked any real intent going forward despite our near dominance, a lucky own goal being the only way we could beat their keeper. There were still plenty of positives on display and I am sure this is just a case of players being a bit rusty after a long break.

My first competitive game in charge was against Serie D side Inter de Lages. It is difficult to get excited over beating a team with such low quality but I am still delighted to get our first win and our first 3 points in the State Championship. We controlled the game almost entirely in their half, we were patient and took every opportunity which come our way. I was also very pleased to see so many players getting on the score sheet as well.

Next up was Guarani de Palhoca, a club that plays their football in a Santa Catarina state league. The result was not as emphatic but the performance was just as impressive. The defence was superb, especially Neto and Caramelo who have been stand out performers so far.

We finally had the opportunity to test our ability against a team with similar ability as we faced fellow Serie A side Figueirense. Despite the media predicting a draw, there really was no contest as we put 3 past them either side of the half time break. It took us 42 minutes before we eventually got the break through after a penalty was awarded for a blatant foul, club captain Santana dispatching with ease. Young attacking midfielder Hyoran continued his rich vein of form with his third goal in as many games.

Camboriu are a side playing in the lower tiers of the Santa Catarina state league systems. They never really put up much of a fight and my team continued our unbeaten run with an incredibly professional display. Four games now without conceding, that is solely down to the efforts of the whole defence and in particular goalkeeper Danilo, who has been pulling off some top class saves of late. A superb 18 minute hat trick from substitute Bruno Rangel was a thing of beauty, he was only introduced in the 69th​ minute.

Our away game at Joinville was a little too close for comfort, with both sides seeing an even amount of the ball. The Serie B side put together some nice passing and on several occasions breached our defence, only to find they couldn’t beat the in-form Danilo in goal. The game was sealed by a Rangel penalty, one that may not have been given on another day.

The last match of an action packed January was against Serie D side and 3 times winners of the State Championship, Bruspue. What can I say, Danilo barely had anything to do but was superb when called upon, our defence was resolute and secure, the midfield controlled the tempo of the game and Bruno Rangel was as clinical as they come, gaining a 10/10 rating in the process and breaking a Santa Catarina State Championship record in the process. We finished the month with a 100% record in competitive fixtures, only conceding the one goal and also breaking two other records.

State Championship League Table

View attachment 115570

Remaining Fixtures

View attachment 115569
With only three games to go in stage one league stage of the competition, we have second, third and fourth place left to play. If we can win our next fixture at Criciuma then we will guarantee our place in the stage one semifinals.

Player of the Month

Bruno Rangel

View attachment 115568

Mateus Caramelo

View attachment 115567

I couldn't possibly have picked between these two so they both receive the award from me this month, with both putting in superb performances through out. Caramelo has been a rock at the back and integral to our attacking moves on the right hand side, whilst Rangel's goal scoring form has been sensational.

Records

View attachment 115566

View attachment 115565

Never actually seen a player with "static target man" trait haha. Banging them in though!