chapman7

Reaction score
I'm back with a newly created tactic which has been tweaked over my first season which just got completed.

Came second in the League, with being mid table-6th up until November time I think my team did pretty well to climb all the way to second and hold it from November till end of season. Chelsea were too far ahead for my team to catch up and over take.

Went for a whole new tactic to what I've never used before on any previous games. A 5-3-2(2WB's).

Signed Sergi Samper from Barcelona in January for £10,250,000 for the aging of Michael Carrick and as a wonderkid from Barcelona I thought that was a bargain price!

Leonardo Bonucci - Wanted a ball-playing DC to play at the heart of the defence. After failing to prise Marc Bartra from Barcelona after he accepted their contract offer over mine I went for the next best one available.

Massimillano Mazza - A 4* regen striker who can also play as AMR, at that price was hard to turn down.

Carlos Fierro - On a free was a no brainer really for the back up to the main strikers and for cup game time.

Jozo Ceraj - Another young regen with a 4* potential would be foolish not to sign him.

Ezequiel Ponce - Decent back up striker signed for peanuts really so have another young striker for back up!

Jese - Was available on loan and thought for a loan deal I couldn't resist for extra fire power up front!

Alen Halilovic - Another loan deal from another Spanish giants for this young CM for rotation duties.

Over twenty screenshots and not even one showing your formation. Great job! (K)

Did you retrain Di Maria and Mata in to CMs?.

Yep, Di Maria, Januzaj, Mata, Samper, Herrera, and Fellaini allplay in CM depending on their form and importance of the game. Have rotated the squad but have won 4/4 of the season so far.

Over twenty screenshots and not even one showing your formation. Great job! (K)

I had uploaded it, perhaps it didn't get put up to the opening post. Thank you for realising this :) I shall do this now.

This the team I tend to play when in form.

View attachment 323249

Last edited:
Alright thanks for the clarification. I've retrained Januzaj, Mata and Di Maria. Januzaj and Mata have already adapted but Di Maria is playing poorly most matches, I guess because he's got a larger transition to make from being a LW. Disheartening to have one of the best players in the team flopping so much, but I'll persevere. I'm enjoying the tactic and it certainly wins me many games, although I must say that I think the whole basis of this tactic is built in having truly world class strikers like Falcao and RVP. I don't see this scoring too many goals with lower teams.

I had uploaded it, perhaps it didn't get put up to the opening post. Thank you for realising this :) I shall do this now.

This the team I tend to play when in form.

View attachment 718822

Nice to see that cheers. You didn't bother with Shaw or Jones?. Also I notice that some of the tactical roles here are different to the ones that come with the tactic download. How long in to your United save did you ditch the DLP in the CM and go for 3 APs?. And does Defensive forward work with Rooney, he really wants to play F9-Support but I've currently stuck with Treq-A for him, and Falcao as Poacher-A.

Feedback would be appreciated, I'm loving this so far :D

SORRY DOUBLE POST

Nice to see that cheers. You didn't bother with Shaw or Jones?. Also I notice that some of the tactical roles here are different to the ones that come with the tactic download. How long in to your United save did you ditch the DLP in the CM and go for 3 APs?. And does Defensive forward work with Rooney, he really wants to play F9-Support but I've currently stuck with Treq-A for him, and Falcao as Poacher-A.

Feedback would be appreciated, I'm loving this so far :D

SORRY DOUBLE POST

I made the change last night/ today as trying to see which one is more effective with a Deep-lying Playmaker or Advanced Playmaker - Support. I play Shaw and Blind in rotation and Jones I do play but generally doesn't play too well but still training to the specific role to try and get the best out of him in that role.

I've tried so many roles for Rooney, tried Poacher, Deeplying Forward, False Nine, Trequartista but found Defensive Forward the most consistent and for the club captain I thought he needs to be performing and with Rooney a striker that comes back to the midfield and even defence when needed to in his career that role seemed like the most realistic one to the way he plays in real life.

Cheers man, much appreciated:) any feed back is welcome.

on my utd file i play a narrow 433, i converted jones to a natural rb (WITH AMAZING RESULTS) di maria a, mc. but most amazingly mata as a striker, became my highest rated striker!

View attachment 322685

Been on a tear for the first half of this season using your tactic. Tweaked a few things like the central CM, experimented with him being a BWM-S and using Carrick as a Half-Back or Regista/Pirlo kind of role which worked very well but he doesn't stay fit!.

Bought Vertonghen for the central BPD and retrained Di Maria, Mata, Januzaj to CM's and bought Kovacic to rotate with Herrera and Blind too.

Mata as an AP-A at CM retrained is superb, already an 'Excellent' rating after only a few months of retraining.

Really enjoying it so far mate, and Falcao is unstoppable. Gunna have to do everything possible to afford him when his loan ends.

View attachment 720145

Been on a tear for the first half of this season using your tactic. Tweaked a few things like the central CM, experimented with him being a BWM-S and using Carrick as a Half-Back or Regista/Pirlo kind of role which worked very well but he doesn't stay fit!.

Bought Vertonghen for the central BPD and retrained Di Maria, Mata, Januzaj to CM's and bought Kovacic to rotate with Herrera and Blind too.

Mata as an AP-A at CM retrained is superb, already an 'Excellent' rating after only a few months of retraining.

Really enjoying it so far mate, and Falcao is unstoppable. Gunna have to do everything possible to afford him when his loan ends.

Glad to hear it, my results were on and off at the start of my first season but around October I went on a 13 match unbeaten run once the team got comfortable with the formation. I don't even use Blind as a midfielder now after he's a natural LWB so rotate him and Shaw instead. I tried that but the way I wanted the team to play seemed better with the three Playmakers.

Chapman7's 5-3-2 V2​
View attachment 320170

View attachment 320164View attachment 320165

With the signing of Leonardo Bonucci who has a high passing attribute felt with that I could try having my keeper passing to him and with that combining playing out of defence to set us up on the attack.

With this change this has enhanced performances from my team what ever the lineup I decide to field with a few big wins in the run of last few matches.

Vs. Stoke

View attachment 320190View attachment 320189View attachment 320188

Vs. Everton
View attachment 320183View attachment 320179View attachment 320176

Vs. Newcastle

View attachment 320184View attachment 320185View attachment 320187View attachment 320186