Chapman7 Manchester United Tactic thread. Patch 12.2.2.

I also can't find the download link for the tactic, the attachment at the bottom of the OP merely links me to an invalid page apparently. You edited the OP yesterday so maybe you got rid of the link by accident? Cheers for creating it though, I've been looking for a good 4-2-2-2 for a while now, any other suggestions for tactics similar to this one?

I also can't find the download link for the tactic, the attachment at the bottom of the OP merely links me to an invalid page apparently. You edited the OP yesterday so maybe you got rid of the link by accident? Cheers for creating it though, I've been looking for a good 4-2-2-2 for a while now, any other suggestions for tactics similar to this one?

Oh right hadn't been told this until you mentioned it, I'll try sort it for you and others.

Right the link should work now, otherwise let me know. :)

Last edited:
Thought I'd make an update on my current game after a few days without doing so, I am top by 13 points clear still. In the final along with West Bromwich Albion of the Carling Cup. I also played QPR which the game I dominated, Carricks passing was quite something to! Here are a few screenshots of my save recently. Unfortunately Nani substained a broken ankle injury which will mean being without him for 2-3 Months. Which is a shame as he is my leading assister.

Barclay's English Premier League:

View attachment 257920
Barclay's English Premier League's Players Stats:

View attachment 257921

Man Utd vs QPR:

Match Result
View attachment 257922

Analysis:
View attachment 257923 View attachment 257924 View attachment 257925

Update on Michael Carrick's Stats:

View attachment 257926

Looking forward to seeing the final results of your test!

Hopefully, then, will i be able to start a new save with this tactic :)

Any more results chapman- itching to give this a go with united myself?

Any more results chapman- itching to give this a go with united myself?

There will be tonight pal, want to get some more games played so I can post up hopefully five matches worth. :)

Unfortunatly doubtful my laptop isn't very good asp therefore it'll may take another few days at most should be finished by the end of the week at the very latest. Earliest should be about Wednesday if not not before, I haven't got work for long tomorrow so I should be able to get a fair bit done tomorrow to so could be done by Tuesday even. Sorry about that. :)

So I'm back, with my first tactic for FM12 with United.First of all I'm using the same formation as I used for one of my last tactics for FM11. This tactic has been very successful so far in my current save gone unbeaten all season won every game, 10 points clear of the Premier League, Top of my Champions League Group(Borussia Dortmund, Rangers + Olympique de Marseille)My target with this tactic was to win good and to dominate the opposition. Just like how Barcelona dominate with possession and passing with counter attack. This is how I aim to have my players play which so far has worked. My Central Midfielder Right is my main Midfielder and heart of the team, with a average passing ratio of 91% with 509/557 successful passes made with Carrick playing as Deep-lying Playmaker- Defend and then with Willian he has a 86% pass ratio with 400/462 successful passes made. I have opted to give Paul Pogba First Team football instead of sending him on loan, I have given him 5 appearances in total starting just 1 he has made 46/56 successfully made with a 85% pass ratio

View attachment 255445View attachment 255446View attachment 255448

Strikers and my wingers are the reason behind the tactic being the success it has been for me. Javier Hernandez has 22 goals in 22 appearances with a 54/90 shots on Target 60%. Nani's 10 assists proves how vital the right winger is for assist wise. Then Ashley Young's 9 goals in 20 appearances is another perk for my goals ratio for my tactic.

View attachment 255444View attachment 255439View attachment 255440View attachment 255443View attachment 255442

The Tactic-
4-4-2/4-2-2-2

View attachment 255438
My best results so far to date-

Download link - View attachment 257200

Man Utd vs Wigan

View attachment 255452View attachment 255453

Man Utd vs Rangers

View attachment 255455View attachment 255454

Arsenal vs Man Utd

View attachment 255458View attachment 255459

Players performing well-

View attachment 255444View attachment 255439View attachment 255443View attachment 255447View attachment 255460View attachment 255461View attachment 255462View attachment 255469View attachment 255468View attachment 255470
What do i do after i download it?

Anyone else has some screens with this tactic?

I downloaded it to look at the instructions, and then used it to create my own tactic.

It's well set up tbf, just a few things I changed like taking down all long shots to rarely and few other tweaks, but yeah it is good to go if anyone was unsure about downloading it

I downloaded it to look at the instructions, and then used it to create my own tactic.

It's well set up tbf, just a few things I changed like taking down all long shots to rarely and few other tweaks, but yeah it is good to go if anyone was unsure about downloading it

Well the Deep-Lying Forward is for Rooney's instructions so he has long shots on sometimes due to him being able to score BEAUTYS! Right Wing is meant for Nani's instructions but when Young got injured Nani was moved to Left Wing and Valencia played on the Right Wing without any change on instruction due to him playing fantastic. Valencia's league stats 17 games 9 goals and 7 assists with a rating of 7.79 ish.

Then when i change Deep-Lying Playmaker to Adavance Playmaker I give long shots for Willian as he has 16 rating for long shots.