The Barclays Premier League

Last years League position:
Winners

Founded in:

Rivalries:
Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal

Stadium Name:
Old Trafford Manchester
Affectionately known as "The Theatre of Dreams" (75 765 Capacity)
View attachment 693567
Start Of Season Expectations:
View attachment 334177
For the season expectations I'd suggest Title Challenger this will give you a nice transfer kitty of £12.5 million and £2.5 million P/W as with Chelsea, Manchester City, Arsenal and Spurs all trying to compete all for the title will be challenging to keep up with the spending particularly Chelsea and arch city rivals Manchester City.

One of the objectives from the board for the season is "Developing youth players through the youth system" so I highly suggest ensuring that you do this to a limited extent, giving some of the youngsters a run out a few times a year like playing some of the youngsters in cup games along with the backup to first team players!

Club Facilities and overview:
United possess Extensive Youth Recruitment, Top Youth Facilities and Top Training Facilities these become outdated at the end of the first or second season so be quick to act to have them upgraded when this does become so.
The stadium is in a good state, with a decent capacity the second highest in England other being Wembley and the pitch is in perfect condition with undersoil heating when the game start. Nothing needs to be spent on or upgraded here for at least the next couple of years, but do keep an eye on your facilities being downgraded.. this happens occasionally after a few year.
View attachment 334176View attachment 334175View attachment 334174

Manchester United Squad and Tactics:
View attachment 334169
View attachment 334172View attachment 334173
United have a fairly good squad with the exception with the defence. You have Evra who is coming to the wrong side of his 30's so a younger player could be a priority in first window. Vidic is leaving on a free transfer and will leave a massive gap at your back four and then like Evra Ferdinand is also coming to the wrong side of 30 and you have Jones to jump at the chance to replace him at the back and also is a future captain.

You have Jones, Evans, Smalling which are good players but only one that stand out which is Jones, Evans is good but not quite Key Player material and then you have Smalling who's also good and also not Key Player material he's Back Up or Rotational at best sospending here is a must in the second or third season with it being pretty solid for first season at least.

View attachment 334171 View attachment 334170

Below I have attached two of my tactics one being a 4-2-3-1(wingers) and the second being a 4-4-2(with AMR/L).

Suggested transfers:
I would recommend Ricardo Rodriguez for the void in left back I managed to sign him for just £9.5 million. Other two I signed in first season was Tim Wiese to play back up to David De Gea, I feel Lindegaard isn'tup to scratch although he's good I just don't feel good enough in my sight. My final signing was Richairo Zivkovic a player for the future for cheap as peanuts for his potential ability.
View attachment 334168

My Transfers:
View attachment 334167

Staff Members:
United have one of the best coaching staff on the game, with a few exceptions of deadwood staff. I'd suggest going through the staff and sacking the ones who aren't up to scratch. Alot of the deadwood will likely be scouts as some of them are very average and then theres a few coaches also that could be replaced by someone better.
View attachment 334165View attachment 334164View attachment 334163
Suggested Threads:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2014-discussion/142822-football-manager-2014-staff-requirements.html
Finances:
With about £313 million debt I'd recommend spending little as possible on transfer and only where needed also as you want to clear this debt Michael Glazer has put this club into. I managed to clear it within the third/fourth season and since then I've been getting huge sums of money for transfers!

Season Objectives:
For first season it's essential you at minimum qualify for Europe as failure could cost the club around £20 million, and try and win a single trophy any trophy will do just to get your career as Manchester United Manager kicked off.

Last edited:
Very good mate. Reminds me a bit of the one like one of the MODS use to do think it was Raikon . should have waited for FM15 lol

Re: Suggested Transfers..

These were mine in in the first year..

View attachment 334151 View attachment 334150

Luke Shaw (spread over 48 months) and Lucas Romero become monstrous, and so are totally worth it! Pugliese becomes a beast with the right training too..! Actually, Fellaini can be pretty good as a BWM (I use a BWM to great effect), but he often gets carded, so I tend to prefer Lucas Romero over him (Use Fellaini as a BBM).

First season aims should be to win everything possible, actually, and it can be done.. United has brilliant depth in literally every position..

Btw, shouldn't even bother with a second GK.. De Gea is monstrous ingame, and I haven't found a single GK better than him till date (maybe Courtois, sometimes..). And DDG rarely gets injured ingame too.. Look to slowly give Sam Johnstone minutes of playing, he can turn out pretty decent, and he helps with the HG quota.

I had created a similar team guide for Soton, but soon after, Update 14.3 came out, and rendered it slightly obsolete T_T

I'll be doing something similar for United for FM15 though xD

Last edited:
Re: Suggested Transfers..

These were mine in in the first year..

View attachment 693635 View attachment 693638

Luke Shaw (spread over 48 months) and Lucas Romero become monstrous, and so are totally worth it! Pugliese becomes a beast with the right training too..! Actually, Fellaini can be pretty good as a BWM (I use a BWM to great effect), but he often gets carded, so I tend to prefer Lucas Romero over him (Use Fellaini as a BBM).

First season aims should be to win everything possible, actually, and it can be done.. United has brilliant depth in literally every position..

Btw, shouldn't even bother with a second GK.. De Gea is monstrous ingame, and I haven't found a single GK better than him till date (maybe Courtois, sometimes..). And DDG rarely gets injured ingame too.. Look to slowly give Sam Johnstone minutes of playing, he can turn out pretty decent, and he helps with the HG quota.

I had created a similar team guide for Soton, but soon after, Update 14.3 came out, and rendered it slightly obsolete T_T

I'll be doing something similar for United for FM15 though xD

Not saying your wrong in doing so but for me you spent rather alot. Considering their debt I spent as little as possible and to date (December 2019) highest fee I've paid is £25 million for Erik Lamela who is a monster! I felt Romero was too pricey for me so I went and signed Kondogbia from Real Madrid instead.

I feel to rotate De Gea as every player needs a game to rest every so often, even keepers. You are right United have got the depth and quality to compete for trophies on all front's as I managed to win everything in my first season with just two of the three players in my first team.

I also sold Wiese the next season as got unhappy with lack of playing time. I am doing one myself and my usual tactics thread too :). I also got rid of majority of my staff particularly the scouts are pretty poor.

Last edited:
Not saying your wrong in doing so but for me you spent rather alot. Considering their debt I spent as little as possible and to date (December 2019) highest fee I've paid is £25 million for Erik Lamela who is a monster! I felt Romero was too pricey for me so I went and signed Kondogbia from Real Madrid instead.

I feel to rotate De Gea as every player needs a game to rest every so often, even keepers. You are right United have got the depth and quality to compete for trophies on all front's as I managed to win everything in my first season with just two of the three players in my first team.

I also sold Wiese the next season as got unhappy with lack of playing time. I am doing one myself and my usual tactics thread too :). I also got rid of majority of my staff particularly the scouts are pretty poor.

Mate, I haven't spent too much.. If you take a peek at both sales and purchases, there is a very small difference. I've spent a lot, but also balanced by selling people who weren't necessary xD Also, denominations are in USD for me..;;

Mate, I haven't spent too much.. If you take a peek at both sales and purchases, there is a very small difference. I've spent a lot, but also balanced by selling people who weren't necessary xD Also, denominations are in USD for me..;;

Ah yes, only looked briefly last night as was on my way to bed