Charging to become the new kings of Manchester

sayitstuesday

Reaction score
Mancini removed as manager following disappointing season
5th July 2011

View attachment 245704

Mancini upset upon hearing news of sacking

Following the disappointing 2010-2011 season of Manchester City, after Mancini had spent unbelievable amounts of money to get the players he wanted, Manchester City merely finished in third place at 71 points, behind Chelsea on goal difference, and 9 points behind eventual champions, Manchester United.
Although they eventually won the FA Cup, it seems like it wasn't enough for Sheikh Mansour, who has now removed Italian manager Roberto Mancini as manager, and is now searching for applicants to replace him, in order to take Manchester City to greater heights.

Shortlisted applicants are said to include Frank Rijkaard, Louis Van Gaal and newly sacked Fabio Capello.

Adapted from Goal.com

-

This game was started with the latest database, that's why Capello is sacked at this date.

Last edited:
Shocking revelation as new manager Tingjun is installed merely hours after Mancini is sacked!
5th July 2011

View attachment 245706

Has Shiekh Mansour gone mad?

Manchester City has named their newest manager, Tingjun Hong, in a shocking revelation, just hours after sacking ex-manager Roberto Mancini.
Tingjun Hong, a Singaporean-born ex-England youth international, has 29 youth caps to his name and is merely 25 years old. He retired 3 years ago from professional football after playing for 3 years due to a plaguing injury. He has since obtained his coaching licenses and has been a scout for Manchester City for 2 years, and has now been promoted to manager by Shiekh Mansour.

Not much is known about the coaching style of this young manager, and many fans are outraged at the choice of person for manager, flooding the various fan forums, condemning Shiekh Mansour for his poor choice.

A statement from Shiekh Mansour has been released by his representatives.
I have personally picked our new manager, and I have absolute faith in him, and hope he can bring Manchester City to new found glory and to greater heights.

Tingjun is expected to hold a press conference later tomorrow at the City of Manchester Stadium.

Adapted from BBC Sports

Last edited:
Please comment if you find this interesting! :)
It'll be pointless to continue if no one finds this interesting :(
Thanks in advance for the insights!

I'll be following! I like stories with the big clubs. :)

Press conference transcript
6th July 2011

The Sunday Mirror:
Tingjun, you sit here as the new manager of Manchester City. Is this your dream job?

Tingjun:
I am absolutely delighted to be hired. It really is a dream come true. I've supported this team for many years, and I had always dreamed of playing for them. Although that didn't happened, I'm overjoyed that I got this job.

TEAMtalk.com:
The facilities at this club are fantastic, are you excited about the opportunity to work in such an environment?

Tingjun:
I am very happy with the facilities, even though I haven't been able to check them out in detail. I'm sure it would be world class, no less than I expected.

BBC Manchester:
New managers often bring about times of upheaval and some at the club might fear for their jobs. Will there be many changes?

Tingjun:
Definitely. I will undertake a complete evaluation of the staff and get rid of anyone I consider to be deadwood. A great club like Manchester City requires the best, not the average people to work for it.

Sky Sports News:
How involved do you tend to be in the day-to-day running of the club?

Tingjun:
I'm going to reshape this club from top-to-bottom, making it an entirely new entity, so as to create the best football club in the world.

The Guardian:
While some managers are famous for their hands-on approach, others maintain a more reserved manner with their players. How do you see your management style?

Tingjun:
I want every player to know that they can come to me with anything. I will do my best to help with their needs. I don't want any unhappy players, and I want my players to be frank and honest with me, so as to build positive relationships between all of us.

The Sunday Mirror:
What can we expect from you in the transfer market? Are you looking to splash the cash or are you more of a bargain hunter?

Tingjun:
I wouldn't say I have a preference. I work on a deal-by-deal basis. Of course, to get the best players, sometimes you must spend, but I would prefer to get this players cheap if I could, of course.

The Guardian:
What would you say to your tactical approach to the game?

Tingjun:
Football is all about the entertainment and that is what I promise the fans. Nobody would want to watch 90 minutes of boring football would they? There's "Showtime" basketball at the Los Angeles Lakers, there's gonna be "Showtime" football here at Man City.

sportinglife.com:
It is often said that different managers favor different competitions. Will you be concentrating primarily on getting good results in the Premier League?

Tingjun
:
That competition is my main focus. Although we might be participating in the Champions League this season, and I believe that we are of the caliber to compete in that competition, I still have a belief that in order to conquer the world, we must first conquer home, and in order to conquer home, we have to win the domestic league and cups first.

sportinglife.com:
Does that mean you'll be aiming for a domestic hat trick this year?

Tingjun:
We will try to take the FA and League Cup, and of course win the League, so yeah, you're right.

World Soccer Magazine:
Last question. It is often said that money buys success in football. As the manager of Manchester City and to have Shiekh Mansour behind you, you must be delighted to have such funds at your disposal?

Tingjun:
It's nice to have financial backing. But I think we can compete without spending the earth. Many a clubs have proved that, and I believe we can too.

Adapted from MCFC official website

Manchester City latest: Staff signings, friendly behind doors & transfer rumors and news
8th July 2011

View attachment 245709

Iker Muniain the next Manchester City star? He looks quite good in blue.

Over the past two days, new Manchester City manager Tingjun has been swift in his actions, sacking almost the entire Manchester City staff, and signing new replacements. Notable replacements include ex-England and ex-Real Madrid assistant manager Italo Galbiati (assistant manager) and ex-Denmark player Brian Laudrup (coach).

A friendly was held behind doors at the Ewen Fields yesterday, a match between the first team squad of Manchester City and the reserve team. The final score was reported as 2-0 to the first team, with the goals coming from an Adam Johnson strike and a Denis Suarez own goal.

Transfer rumors have been coming in fast and furious ever since Tingjun has replaced Mancini as manager, with countless agents and players having come out to say that Tingjun is interested in acquiring their services.

Inaki Pibernat, agent of Iker Muniain, has stated that Manchester City has made a £21 million offer for his client's services, which is the buyout amount for the player. This has not been confirmed by any representative of Manchester City.

A £15 million pound bid for Kyle Walker has been said to been made by Manchester City to Tottenham. The player is an England national and has had a breakout season last season. If the player is brought in, however, he would be fighting for places with Micah Richards, another England international playing the same positions as him.

It has been reported by Skysports that Manchester City has made a bid for Mario Gotze. Considering that the midfield of Manchester City is overloaded with talent, this rumor might not hold any truth behind it.

A single transfer bid has been confirmed, though, by a Manchester City official. A bid, reported to be around £20 million, for Vasco's Dede has been made. The central defender is 23 years old this year, and has been reinforcing Vasco's for two seasons, lifting the Brazilian Cup in 2011.

Transfer confirmed: Iker Muniain and Dede to Manchester City + Friendly fixtures results
18th July 2011

View attachment 245734View attachment 245735
Let's hope both players will be as happy at Manchester City as they were at their own clubs

It's been confirmed that Iker Muniain and Dede will be joining Manchester City from Athletic and Vasco respectively. Their total transfer fees is reported to amount to £40 million pounds, a fee that has fans slightly perplexed about.

A critic wrote
One's a young player, albeit with bounds of potential. The other is a good, but not a great player. Are they worth paying so much for?

Tingjun has held a press conference, defending his transfer choices.
I've known Dede for a long time, and I believe that he has the ability to make the jump from the Brazilian league to the Premier League and can match the ability of defenders here, even surpassing the greatest. Muniain is a player of fantastic quality already, and with the potential he has, he will be a star for the future.

Tingjun has also told journalists that this is not the end of his transfer dealings, and he is planning to bring in 3 more players, though they will not all be playing for the first team.

In other news, Manchester City has played various friendlies over the past few days, and Tingjun seems to be checking out the quality of his players and to build up his players' match fitness, playing both first teamers alongside young players. The results though, have not been positive (see below). Let's hope the team works harder when the season actually starts.
All friendlies were played with assistant manager Italo Galbiati in charge.

9th July 2011: Portsmouth 3 - 1 Manchester City
12th July 2011: San Luis (Penalties won) 1 - 1 Manchester City
13th July 2011: Manchester City 3 - 1 Lech
14th July 2011: Al-Jazira (UAE) 3 - 2 Manchester City
17th July 2011: Manchester City 2 - 0 Leverkusen

Adapted from Manchester City's official site

Pre-match conference before the Community Shield
6th August 2011

View attachment 245779
The first of many Community Shields to come for Manchester City?

Before the Community Shield against Manchester United, our cross town rivals, Manchester City manager attends a pre-match press conference at Wembley.

BBC Manchester:
Are you looking forward to the spectacle of the Community Shield?

Tingjun:
I am, it's an exciting occasion between two teams who worked hard to win their respective trophies and teams which deserved to be here. What's more it's a game against our fierce rivals, making it all the more intense.

World Soccer Magazine:
Is a win in the Community Shield of exceptional importance or is it the kind of match you go into without too much pressure to achieve a result?

Tingjun:
I would like to win it, we're here because of our success and another win will continue to help breed a culture of winning.

TEAMtalk.com:
With the CS acting as the season's traditional curtain-raiser, does it offer your side the opportunity to lay down a marker for the long campaign ahead?

Tingjun:
I believe it can certainly help, we want to win as much as possible and by starting with a trophy, the confidence of the squad could take off.

BBC Manchester:
Last question. There is incredible hunger from the fans to get one over Man United. How is the pressure to mastermind a victory affecting you?

Tingjun:
I'm aiming to channel the pressure into a positive performance and I hope for the same from my players. Thank you everybody, have a nice day.

Coming off two friendly victories (3-0 win against Walsall, 5-0 win against HSV) and a draw against Siena, Manchester City will hope to replicate their recent pre-season form against Manchester United. Sergio Aguero, Samir Nasri (signed by Mancini before Tingjun was appointed) and Dede has been tipped to make their debuts, while Iker Muniain has been sidelined with an injury and will not be making his debut here in Wembley.

Adapted from Goal.com

Manchester City takes down cross town rivals Manchester United in a convincing 3-1 win in the Community Shield
7th August 2011

View attachment 245783
Manchester City squad celebrating after win over Manchester United in the Community Shield
Manchester City lifted the Community Shield in an intense afternoon derby against Manchester United at Wembley Stadium, with a score of 3-1. Sergio Aguero had a debut to remember, with two goals to his name, with only the efforts of David De Gea preventing him from attaining a hat trick.
Both teams started out slow, leading to a stalemate at halftime. The team talk Tingjun gave his team in the backroom must have been inspiration by the players as they came out charging.

David Silva started the scoring, playing a fantastic one-two with Sergio Aguero before slotting the ball home at the 50th minute. Aguero then blasted the ball from just outside the box at the 56th minute, following a pass from Silva. De Gea had no chance even trying to stop it.
Dimitar Berbatov then managed to pull one back for Manchester United at the 63rd minute. Ryan Giggs knocked a beautiful pass into the penalty box, and Berbatov raced onto the ball, slotting it under Joe Hart's outstretched arms.
But Manchester City was determined to close out this game, and it was Aguero, the debutant, who took on that role of closer. At the 80th minute, Edin Dzeko, who came on as a substitute, played a beautiful through pass for Aguero, who broke free from all defenders to smash the ball home.
The rest of the game ended pretty smoothly as United, as determined as they were, simply could not find a way past Vincent Kompany and Dede, and City simply rode the tide to the trophy.

This was Manchester City's 4th Community Shield, the last one coming in 1972.

Notes:
Manchester City had 14 shots on goal, of which 9 were on target. United had 6 of 7.
Manchester City enjoyed most of the possession, an emphatic 69% to United's 31%.
Michael Carrick was carried out at the 23rd minute, while Rio Ferdinand limped out at the 61st minute.
Yellow cards were handed to Darren Fletcher, Wayne Rooney, Giggs, Micah Richards, Yaya Toure and Gael Clichy.
90,000 people attended the game at Wembley Stadium, and the match was refereed by Phil Dowd.

Unexpected transfer as Manchester City swoops in on Eden Hazard!
9th August 2011

View attachment 245827
The wonderkid is coming to Manchester City!

In a totally unexpected move, the Citizens have swooped in on Eden Hazard, paying a reported fee of £35 million, the man's release clause.
Hazard has been said to be overjoyed by the transfer, having wanted to transfer to the Premier League for a long time. He had this to say:
I am delighted to have the chance to play in the Premier League and to have the chance to play for a big club like Manchester City. I will do my best to impress the manager and fight for a place in the squad. With that said, I would like to thank Lille and all its fans for the fantastic time that I had there. They have given me all the encouragement I needed and I am very sad to leave these fans behind. I hope they understand the reason for my moving. Perhaps in the future, I would return here. Lille would always be my home and would always be in my heart.

Tingjun is said to be ecstatic upon getting his man.
I have been chasing Eden for a long time, and I am happy we finally got him. He is a fantastic player that can play for a fantastic team. I know that he'll do well here at City.

Adapted from transfermarkt.co.uk

Premier League kicks off as Eden Hazard has dream debut
14th August 2011

View attachment 245830
Moyes upset as Everton struggles to contain Manchester City

Manchester City kicked off the campaign with a 2-0 win against Everton, with Eden Hazard having a dream debut by scoring his first goal for the club.

Both sides had plenty of chances in the first half, but due to profligacy, no one managed to score. Manchester City brought on Samir Nasri and David Silva at the 59th minute and both contributed to the win.
A foul on Hazard at the 64th minute by Phil Neville near the edge of the box led to a free kick for City. Nasri knocked the ball into penalty box, which Hazard expertly headed into the net, not giving Everton goalkeeper Tim Howard any chance to save it, as he was rooted to the spot.
Just three minutes later, a brilliant header clearance by Micah Richards led to Nasri passing the ball to Sergio Aguero who knocked it to Silva for the fast break. Silva maintained his composure to smash the ball with absolute force past Howard for City to claim a win.

Man of the match: Joe Hart, an unstoppable force in the paint, clearing balls and saving shots to the dismay of Everton

Notable statistics:
City had only 6 shots as compared to Everton's 10 shots
4 shots on target for City, Everton had 5

Would you all prefer a more condensed summary of the match, or the current version of the match report? The current version would take a longer time to write so it won't be coming out as often as compared to the condensed summary.
Appreciate the comments so far! :D more would be gladly appreciated thanks! :)

Convincing 4-1 win for the Citizens over Blackburn & De Jong departs for Arsenal
20th August 2011

View attachment 245831
Nigel de Jong announces transfer to Arsenal

Depressing news for City fans worldwide as de Jong has agreed to join Arsenal for a reported fee of £15 million. Arsenal put in a reported £11 million bid just a few days ago, but that was rejected by City, and Arsenal came back with an improved offer. Manager Tingjun seemed to see this as a pretty good deal for a squad player and has allowed de Jong to discuss terms with Arsenal.

de Jong has just held a press conference announcing his transfer, stating:
I want to thank everyone at Manchester City for these past 3 years at the club. I have had lots of great times here and the fans have shown great support and love for me. With a new coach at helm however, I have decided to move on, and I hold no contempt for Tingjun or anyone; this move is solely for my own improvement. I hope for City to strive and improve and to reach greater heights. I also hope that the City fans will still give me their support and I will do my best for Arsenal.

In other news, Manchester City took down the Rovers with a convincing 4-1 win at the City of Manchester Stadium. City captain Vincent Kompany was the hero for the club, scoring a brace.
The match started out with a tense atmosphere as Rovers went on the attack, squandering the few chances they had. Samir Nasri then took the ball down the flanks at the 34th minute, before delivering a beautiful cross right into the penalty box, where Sergio Aguero slid in and knocked the ball into the net.
Micah Richards then fouled Junior Hoilett 40 yards out at the 37th minute and Simon Vukcevic stepped up to send an amazing free kick right into the net. Joe Hart had no chance of even stopping the power strike.
Both sides continued mounting attacks but to Blackburn's dismay, a fantastic corner by David Silva at the 44th minute led to Kompany heading in his first of the day.

After the halftime interval, Manchester City came raging out, attacking relentlessly as Blackburn struggled to hold them off. Iker Muniain was subbed on at the 68th minute for Silva and the debutant went on to scored his first goal of the club. A beautiful pass by Eden Hazard sent Muniain clear on goal, with only Blackburn keeper Paul Robinson to beat, and Muniain made no mistake, smashing the ball past Robinson for his debut goal.

The fans were happy with the scoring, but City was not done yet. Hazard sent in another corner at the 88th minute, Kompany once again knocking the ball right into the net. The Rovers players were stunned and dismayed by this time, but they held off City for the last remaining minutes, preventing them from furthering the difference.

Man of the match: Vincent Kompany, with his 2 goals for the club and excellent defending at the back.

Notable statistics:
65% of possession was held by Manchester City while Blackburn had 3 yellow cards.
The Citizens had a total of 25 shots on goal, as compared to Blackburn's 6.

not bad up to yet could be good just a little help - try and use up to date photo's oh and letting de Jong go <thats a bad move

3-1 defeat for West Bromwich as Aguero scores a brace
27th August 2011

View attachment 245868
Hodgson looks on as his team plays City

Manchester City won 2-0 at the Hawthornes and could have scored more, if not for the efforts of West Bromwich goalkeeper Ben Foster.
The first goal came very quickly, courtesy of an unfortunate Diego Novaretti, West Brom's new defender. At the 10 minute mark, Sergio Aguero had run in on a David Silva pass and in an attempt to clear it, the ball ricocheted off Novaretti and rolled into the goal to his dismay.
Aguero then scored his first goal at the 44th minute, as Micah Richards sent in a beautiful cross, and all Aguero had to do was to knock the ball right into the net. There were suspicions of offside, but replays show that the assistant referee was correct.

Shane Long gave West Brom a tinge of hope for a draw, as he raced onto a Peter Odemwingie pass and sliced the ball into the net at the 77th minute. Manchester City, though, was having none of it. A combined effort by Iker Muniain and Samir Nasri, who made the decisive pass, allowed Aguero to break free and smash the ball past Foster's outstretched arms.

As much as West Brom continued trying, the back four of City simply didn't allow them to pass. The match ended in a 3-1 win to the Citizens, as they continue holding their spot at the top of the Premier League.

Man of the match: Sergio Aguero, with his brace

Notable statistics:
West Brom had half the number of shots, and shots on target as Manchester City. (9 to 18, 4 to 8)
City had 5 clear cut chances, but only managed to convert 2.