Brodz125

Reaction score
Charlton athletic have installed a new manager. young manager Mike Brody has taken over as manager and the board have set him the objective of getting promoted back to the championship at the first time of trying with a transfer budget of £0.

Brody has been quick to make changes at charlton with a few comings and goings.
Young prospect Jonjo Shelvey has left the valley for a fee of 2 million pounds to stoke. Brody said " the offer was to good to turn down with the clubs financial predicament"

Brody has been quick too strengthen the squad bringing in young winger Danny Rose from tottenham on a season long loan and Sanchez Watt from arsenal also on a season long loan. Brody has also signed Paul Huntingdon from leeds for a fee of £50k to strenghthen the defense.
Also arriving at the valley is 19 year old norweigan goalkeeper Lars Stubhaug on a free transfer and 17 year old nigerian defensive midfielder Emexca Orwubico also on a free transfer. Brodys biggest transfer was the arrival of 22 year old canadian striker Simeon Jackson for a fee of £375k from local rivals gillingham after jackson had fallen out of favour with the gills management.

Pre season
(let assistant take control of these)

Charlton 0 vs 2 Crewe
Charlton 0 vs 1 Ipswich
Charlton 2 vs 0 Welling
Charlton 0 vs 3 Barnsley
Charlton 0 vs 1 Derby
Charlton 3 vs 0 GH Academy
Charlton 1 vs 4 Fulham

Just finished preseason will let u know how i get on in first game which is against wycombe

Last edited:
Nicky Bailey should be a good player in your team, if not the best player

you should of asked for more for shelvey, he is so talented, future england international. did you get any clauses like % or future incentives.

anyway look into signing will topp

Look at Rudi Skacel...

I hope you will get back Charlton in Premier League.

Sounds good. I just tryed League 1 with Leeds and got promoted try and Get Henri Camara was the leagues top scorer for me.

Check out my Leeds, some good help on there.

Click on my Sig, to Check them out.

Last edited:
Yeah, Camara would be a great capture.

Matchday 1: Charlton vs Wycombe 1-1 (Rose)
A bore draw with Charlton being the better team but still wasnt good enough, should of won it. Danny Rose had a good debut.

League cup round 1: Charlton vs Torquay 2-0 (Bailey x2)
A good solid win score could have been more convincing. Jose semedo also got sent off in the match which was not needed.

League cup 2nd round draw: Charlton have been drawn out against premier league sunderland.

TRANSFER NEWS

Henri Camara is the latest capture of Mike Brody signing him on a free transfer. Brody said he is looking for camara to spearhead the attack and fire charlton on the way to promotion .

Johnstones paint trophy round 1 draw: Charlton will play Barnet in round 1 of the johnstones paint trophy.

Pre Match:For this game Henri Camara has gone straight into the starting line up and Brody will certainly be hoping he makes an impact
Hartlepool vs Charlton 0-1 (Bailey)
A 10th minute Nicky Bailey freekick was all that separated the 2 sides. The performance was not that great and Charlton got lucky at times but a win is a win. Henri Camaras debut wasnt great with him being substiuted in the 60th minute.

That win takes charlton up to 5th after two games. Hopefully we can stay there :)

Match day 3: Leyton Orient vs Charlton 0-1 (Huntington)
A header from new defender Paul Huntington from Nicky Baileys corner in the 13th minute was the difference in this game. Although it could have been many more from Charlton but the strikers still haven’t managed to hit form yet.
Match day 4: Charlton vs Walsall 2-1 (O.g.)(Jackson)
Charlton did not get off to the best start with Jose Semedo getting sent off after 6 minutes, but went 1-0 up but Walsall drew level before the break. Simeon Jackson’s introduction in the 55th minute proved to be decisive as he scored the match winner with a cross from Danny Rose. Brody made it clear he was not happy with Semedo and will be fining a week’s wages from the player as it is his second sending off in 2 games.
This win has taken Charlton up to 1st in the table can it continue?

Good stuff mate. Very bad idea selling Shelvey though, such a class player, could easily get into any EPL team in a couple of seasons, maybe not the top four, but the other 16 teams certainly. Good signing in Simeon Jackson, 17 finishing and 17 composure, class striker and great bargain :)

yeh but i needed the money from him to fund other parts of the team. hopefully if im lucky we might get taken over

jonjo shelvey such a good player at such a young age, maybe up to double what u got for him was possible, but anyways its ur story and i understand, good luck mate charlton too good for league 1

0 wage budget - check the free transfers. Laurent Robert, Oliver Bernard, Cel. Babayaro will strengthen the left hand side and Rohan Ricketts is a solid league 1 signing.

League Cup 2nd Round: Sunderland vs Charlton 5-6 (Camara x4) (Bailey) (Huntington)
What a game and what an unexpected victory! Oh my 6-5 to Charlton
Henri Camara managed to score not only one but 4 as Charlton managed to beat sunderland at the stadium of light in normal time. Mike Brody was said to be delighted with the win.

[URL=http://img697.imageshack.us/i/image0026c.jpg/] [/URL]
Update !

Tranmere 1-1 Charlton (Jackson)

Charlton 3-0 Barnet (Watt,Bailey,Mckenzie)

Charlton 2-0 Brentford (Camara,Bailey)

Charlton 3-1 Southampton (Jackson x2, Bailey)

Norwich 1-2 Charlton (Racon,Camara)

League cup 3rd round: Everton 2-0 Charlton

Charlton 2-0 Exeter

Colchester 2-1 Charlton (O.g) first defeat of the season in the league

Leeds 0-0 Charlton

Johnstone Paint Trophy: Brighton 1-0 Charlton

Summary: mostly good results but some disappointing like losing to Brighton in the johnstones paint trophy. 2nd in the league at the moment hopefully can get back to good form.

Last edited: