Squad Analysis: Wingers
Another look at the squad as we look at the wingers available for the upcoming season.

Dayle Grubb CAM/AMR/RM/CM
View attachment 141774
Probably the most versatile of our attacking options Grubb followed me from Weston and will look to fight for a starting place at his new club.

Charles Banya AML/ML/AMC/AMR
View attachment 141773
Another new signing who will look to fight for a starting place. He had a fantastic season with Maidstone and will look to continue that and push for the football league move he deserves.

Louis Dennis ML/AML
View attachment 141772
Dennis would be starting over Banya if it weren't for his stubborness in contract talks. After refusing at the end of last season he requested a new deal at the beginning of the season after realising he didn't have many other options.

Rory Oliver RM/AMR

View attachment 141771
A would be starter if he was more effective in the AMR role but definitely a very strong backup option and possibly a starter if Whitfield struggles for fitness. Oliver is one of the 5 to join from Walsall.

Ben Whitfield AMR/CM/AMC/RM/ST
View attachment 141770
The most exciting capture in the transfer window. Technically he should be fantastic at this level but he will need to develop physically to be a consistent starter. Will be looking to bounce back from his Bournemouth release.

Squad Analysis: Strikers
We take a look at the players who will be looking to fire the club into the top half and better with their goals.

Brandon Adams ST
View attachment 141769
On loan from QPR I will try make sure that Adams remains a backup for us to give our own players the chance to develop but he has the skills to become a regular starter.

Carl Kayembe ST
View attachment 141768
Another good option up top who will look to use his pace to cause trouble for opposition defences. He needs to work on his finishing and physicals but is a good back up option.

Adam Cunnington ST/AMC/AMR/AML
View attachment 141767
Easily our best striker, he will look to be key this season as he was in the last providing 13 goals and 4 assists. He will hopefully improve on that tally.

Kem Hill ST
View attachment 141766
One of the most exciting prospects at the club is Kem Hill. He is constantly improving and could become key. His potential is noticed by others as I had to reject offers from Bradford, Sheffield Wednesday and Norwich to keep the 16 year old.

Squad Analysis: Under 21 Squad
A look at the future players for Bromley who could provide cover should it be needed throughout the season.

Goalkeepers
View attachment 141765View attachment 141764
We have two very good prospects in gaol between Ben Bridle-Card and Carlos Ramirez. Ramirez started my first game in charge and did okay and has seen himself move to Hednesford on loan. BBC is the better player at the moment and will have his chance to prove his ability in the under 21 team for now.

Defenders
View attachment 141763View attachment 141762View attachment 141761View attachment 141760
4 very good prospects here. Tumwa would be in the senior squad providing cover but caused trouble over the sale of Emmanuel, who in all honesty wasn't good enough compared to the players we brought in.

Kane Lewis and Nathan Owen both joined from Walsall and both play left back, they are also of a similar ability so it will be interesting to see how they develop and compete with eachother.

They will also be competing against left back Richard Gray who isn't as good at the moment but has the potential to be. He is currently out on loan at Staines where he has picked up an injury which could stunt his development.

Midfielders
View attachment 141759View attachment 141758View attachment 141757
Kiernan was once our starting right winger but the signings of Oliver and Whitfield saw a move down to the under 21 squad to give him some consistent playing time. Jennings has a lot of potential but wasn't developing sitting on the bench or in the under 21 squad so he is now at Cambridge City on loan.

Luke Williams will hope to develop quickly as the 16 year old has a lot of determination to progress and get into the senior squad. He trains fantastically but often struggles to replicate those performances on the pitch.

Strikers
View attachment 141756
Chris Speed is someone I had to bring along with me in my move up to Bromley. He was a key player for me last year and at just 19 years old has the potential to improve on his previous showing of 7 goals and 7 assists.

Compared to the other strikers in the squad he isn't as good but with some regular games for the under 21's he could develop into a strong backup option with the future of being key for the team. He has been improving in leaps and bounds since arriving and will continue to do so.

August
The month of August was big for me, I wanted to get off to a good start and create a platform to build on heading into the thick of the season. We needed players to continue to gel and shine from a good pre-season run out.

View attachment 141213

A tough start as we were evenly matched on the day but we ended the game with 10 men after an injury. Banya was superb down the left whilst Prestedge controlled our midfield. Would have loved to get all 3 points, or even 1, but Eastleigh are expected to fight for promotion so it isn't too hard to take.

Our back 4 always seemed a step behind the play and our midfield couldn't control the ball at all. We obviously weren't fit despite a long pre-season and it cost us as a fit Tamworth side rolled all over us. I'm just glad it was only 1-0.

We deserved all 3 points on the day but I will always take a point away. Southport were very defensive but we managed to break them down. Adams got the goal after Cunnington went off injured (an injury which will see him miss over a month!). We once again looked tired at the end and Southport took advantage.

Another tough result to take as we were much the better team. Macclesfield hit us on the break early on for their goal and we were unfortunate to be up against a goalkeeper who seemed to be in the best form I have ever seen. We finished with over 30 shots and over 20 on target but their keeper got MOTM after making 18 saves!

Our first win of the season and we were fantastic. Barrow have started off well and were 6th so I didn't expect a win but we controlled the play and our back 4 were fantastic. Banya got the winner late on but we could've had the tie wrapped up earlier on.

Another fantastic win as we end the month on a high. We controlled the game from start to finish but the goals came from unlikely sources. Porter opened up the scoring with a fantastic volley before Captain Swaine made it 2-0 in the second half to seal the result.

View attachment 141208
So after a rough start we managed to get things back on track. The league position doesn't look great but I am happy as we managed to win our last two games of August. We have 6 games next month which will give us a chance to push up the standings. I expect at least 9 points from those games as we face 4 teams in the bottom half and 2 teams from the top 6.

Player of the month is definitely Charles Banya. We paid big for him and he has proved his worth with 2 goals and 3 assists in our first 6 fixtures. It's hard to give it to anyone else when he was involved in 5 of our 7 goals.

September
After ending August with back to back wins I was hopeful of pushing up the table. We had started to gel and get some strong performances and going into another busy month I was hopeful.

View attachment 140068

A dreadful start. I went for the same tactic that won our previous two games and it started well with us dominating the first 10 minutes. However we Chorley sent off and Chester ran riot against our 10 men to get a well deserved win.

An unfair result in my opinion. We went 2-0 down after a poor defensive first half but the second half was different. Whitfield and Adams both controlled the game and set eachother up for a goal and we then had 2 disallowed. Grimsby were then awarded a penalty, which upon review showed the challenge was outside the box, which they converted for the win.

Off of the back of a morale destroying loss the squad looked down. I tried to motivate them prior to the game but they weren't having any of it as we sunk to a disappointing defeat.

Another game where we deserved the win. Torquay went 1-0 up through an early penalty before we equalised. They then got a second penalty, again converted in the second half prior to our second. However the referee wasn't done handing out spot kicks to the hosts as they were awarded, and converted, a third penalty!

After this game I had 2 board meetings to discuss the result, which the board saw as awful before I pointed out how unlucky we were on the day. The second was over squad morale which I said was down to results which I was trying to overturn.

Once again we get an awful result after an unlucky victory. This game forced my hand into moaning about refereeing as Lincoln were the 3rd team to receive a penalty against us this month. The FA handed me a warning.

We were 2-0 up and cruising to our only win of the month but once again the officials ruined it for us. Another penalty, another red card and Forest Green took control for the final 20 minutes to comeback and win the game.

I kept my mouth shut after the game but was pulled into another board meeting this time where I was told to get 6 points in 5 games.

View attachment 140065
A very frustrating month leaves us in 22nd place, 5 points from safety. With the talent we have available I thought we would be closer to the top of the table but players don't seem to put talent into performances.

Next month we have to get 6 points in 5 games but we have tough fixtures coming up as we face table toppers Harrogate as well as play-off chasers Braintree, an in form Bristol Rovers and two teams who will be looking to win to pull away from the relegation battle.

6 points is a good target but with the form and morale I'm not sure I will get it.

October
So with 6 points the target over the next 5 games I knew I had a tough challenge. Morale was low, injuries were starting to pile up and form was awful.

View attachment 139506
So we started with Harrogate who were top of the table and brushed us aside easily with a 4-0 win before travelling to in form Bristol. Bristol was an even game but they converted their chances whilst our strikers struggled in front of goal under pressure.

We then got a big win as a hobbling Brandon Adams headed home past Maidenhead to get us to 3 points from a needed 6. We had 2 tough games left though and needed some luck on our side.

None of the back 4 who featured against Maidenhead were available after all 4 got injuries during the week leading up to the fixture. This effected us as we dominated the game but a back 4 who weren't entirely match fit struggled to stay stubborn in the dying minutes with Maidstone scoring 2 in the final 2 minutes.

So my hopes rested on 3rd place Braintree, they hadn't lost in over a month and had one of the best defences in the league. With everything on the line I went all out attack and it almost paid off early on as we had 3 goals disallowed in the first 10 minutes. We continued to dominate but the visitors got a penalty after we had 2 clear shouts turned down for a spot kick.

View attachment 139500
So there it was, my time at Bromley was done. I had built a high quality squad but the players never gelled and gave the performances to match talent. I had heard rumours of a few foreign teams looking at me so wasn't too disheartened but I thought I could do good with Bromley.

I will move forward and push for another job and I am hopeful that my showing with Weston-Super-Mare will interest potential employers more so than the last few months here.

So with no job I didn't know what to expect. I thought I would do better with Bromley but the team never gelled and we couldn't string results together. The key is that I move on from it as soon as I can and not let it bother me. As I started looking for jobs I was hoping potential employers would focus on my successes with Weston and my good spells with Bromley.

There were a number of jobs available and I put my name in for a few. I had applied for a job in the German 3rd division but my application was too late. I also received interviews with a small club in the Spanish lower tiers as well as with league 2 strugglers Northampton.

In the end it came down to two offers; Northampton and Gainsborough Trinity. The chance to move up a division called out to me but in the end I decided to drop to the 6th tier to try and turn around Gainsborough's disappointing league start.

View attachment 139205
So mid November and I was back in a job again. The drop down to the 6th tier was something I had to really think about, especially with the offer of the football league with Northampton.

View attachment 139202
The club had struggled so far and sat bottom of the table but only 1 point off of safety it is something I can turn around. They were in dreadful form as I arrived and they need points quickly to turn it around.

View attachment 139199
Without a win in 5 they have struggled to string results together and there were a number of reasons I could pick out on for this. Firstly the squad was small and they rely on a select few players to carry them through games and because of this the fitness is terrible.

But also because they don't have the quality in all areas in order to get results.

View attachment 139193
The depth is mixed. We have good starters in ever position but the number 2 options don't fill me with confidence. Steele will be departing soon as he has refused to extend his loan adding to our struggles on the wing.

So with myself back in a job I have to rush straight into action and try to succeed early on to turn around the disappointing season endured so far.

November
So with just days before my first game with Gainsborough I had to make some moves in the transfer market to improve a good, but shallow squad.

View attachment 138934
Likoy-Elumba, Louis Johnson and Joe Ward will all provide cover at striker and have the chance to fight for that spot with Jarman and current top scorer Nardiello.

Gooda and Whitmore will both come in and rotate, possibly just start constantly in defence. We needed another CB and improvements at right back and these two are quality starters who can improve our back line. Sundman's loan was also extended for the season to give us a consistent starter at left back.

Finally Crawford has come on loan from Chorley. We didn't need a right winger but when I saw the chance to sign him I couldn't refuse and we have got him for the season. If we stay up I will definitely look to make it a permanent with him currently unsettled at his parent club.

View attachment 138931

We started fantastically. We went 1-0 down against the relegation strugglers but we managed to pull it back. Mavila, normally a left back, was put on the wing and cut in to score the first. Nardiello then continued to prove his worth by scoring a much deserved 90th minute winner.

We couldn't back up our first result as injuries piled up in training. We controlled the game for the entire 90 minutes and had over 20 shots saved but we couldn't beat the inspired Stratford keeper. We felt robbed though as they scored a 96th minute winner, with only 1 added minute.

View attachment 138932
So after my first league game we sit in the relegation zone on just goal difference. It was a good start but I wish we could have just won the FA Trophy Qualifier.

We have 5 games in December and none of them will be easy. I just want the team to continue to learn the tactics and stay within the relegation battle. We can't afford to slip away at this stage and we need to keep close going into the new year.

December
So with 5 games this month all I wanted to do was make my mark on the team and stay within touching distance of survival.

View attachment 138925

We were even throughout the game but the hosts just managed to hold onto an early goal and stop us from equalising. We deserved a point but the biggest worry was more injuries to key players.

A disappointing result in the end. We dominated the first 80 minutes but two injuries with no substitutes left saw us lose control of the game. We deserved all 3 points but were unlucky with the injuries which cost us the points.

For the first time this month we don't deserve all 3 points. Stockport were fantastic throughout but we managed to counter 3 times and win corners, all 3 of which lead to goals after going 3-0 down. I won't complain about a point though.

It should've been 0-0 as neither side created many chances. Curzon managed to hit a lucky shot from outside the box which deflected off of two players, one of whom was offside but the linesman missed it.

Kiddy are chasing promotion so it shouldn't be a disappointing result but we deserved at least a point. They were awarded two penalties early on, both questionable calls and then sat back. We continued to break them down but hit the post a very unfair 5 times before new signing Smith scored in the 78th minute.

In the final 10 minutes we hit the post another 3 times before a last minute scramble saw us have a goal disallowed so an injured Kiddy player could get treatment!

View attachment 138920
We sit 4 points from safety which isn't too bad but I really feel that we could've been out of the bottom 3 if results had been fairer. My biggest worry is Kettering having two games in hand to increase the gap on us if they win both.

I'm gutted to say that this save has come to an end. After a decent start with Gainsborough we trailed off in January.

View attachment 138472
The first result of the month wasn't deserved and we only got it because of Louis Johnson's heroics coming off of the bench but after than 4 losses on the bounce and only 1 goal in 4 games wasn't good enough. It wasn't just the results though, performances dropped with the team looking down and out despite only being 4 points off at the beginning of the month.

View attachment 138470
We now sit 10 points from safety and with Kettering having a possible 9 points to play with in their tally that could get even harder to overcome.

I would have continued but with us looking like getting relegated I can only see this story going round in circles. I will end up getting sacked upon relegation when I will then be picked up by another relegation battling team in the 6th tier who I will struggle with.

I can't see this story moving out of the conference divisions so this is the end.

I will begin a new story soon, I am currently going over some ideas as to what I could do so if anyone has any suggestions I would be pleased to hear them.