Cheape..er sky sports.

You get what you pay for really. I pay £70 a month for

Full Sky Service
HD
Sky Multiroom
ESPN

I am paying for the best of the best so i cannot complain. Would rather pay that than £25 for Sky 1 and Sky Sports 1 without HD

You get what you pay for really. I pay £70 a month for

Full Sky Service
HD
Sky Multiroom
ESPN

I am paying for the best of the best so i cannot complain. Would rather pay that than £25 for Sky 1 and Sky Sports 1 without HD
And there was me thinking you didn't have colour television in Scotland. Well I'll be... ;)

And there was me thinking you didn't have colour television in Scotland. Well I'll be... ;)

The country that invented tellies wouldn't have colour ones? Didn't know we exported them south, wouldn't think yous know how to operate them!(A)

Would be nice if there was a price decrease. It costs an extra £21 to get Sky Sports with Virgin.

Sky is a huge waste of money.

We pay £21 a month for the basic package, no sports...I wish we didn't.

English television sucks - US Tele rocks.

If I want to watch a football match i'd watch it in the pub.

Paying £70 + TV license a month to watch a television is an absolute outrage, I would have to watch it 15 hours a day to feel I was getting my moneys worth.

Fail Kris, Fail. Should save that money and buy a hat.

Paying £70 + TV license a month to watch a television is an absolute outrage, I would have to watch it 15 hours a day to feel I was getting my moneys worth.

I have the same as Kris, and considering the amount of sport thats on, I couldnt complain, it's not just about watching it for 15 hours a day, it's about actually haveing something worth while to watch when you do actually get time to watch TV.

TV prices are a waste. All I ever watch is live football and Match of The Day on TV. Apart from that about 90% of the 'TV' I watch is downloaded shows streamed from my PC.

I wish there was a cheaper way to simply get HD sports rather than all the other **** channels too.

TV prices are a waste. All I ever watch is live football and Match of The Day on TV. Apart from that about 90% of the 'TV' I watch is downloaded shows streamed from my PC.

I wish there was a cheaper way to simply get HD sports rather than all the other **** channels too.

Exactly, English television wise all I watch is MOTD, the news (which I could get online) and maybe the odd program on other channels (random shows like fattest man in Britain). SkySports news is the other I might watch on a morning or in bed at night.

Dexter, House, Heroes, Lost, US Office etc etc... all downloaded.

For my needs, Freeview is more than enough (Terestrial, E4, Dave & SkySports News).

Why would you want HD sports? I don't get the fascination with HD/Blu-Ray...might just be me, not bothered about that kind of stuff. I understand if it's a film which would be particularly good in better quality, but sports?

Why would you want HD sports? I don't get the fascination with HD/Blu-Ray...might just be me, not bothered about that kind of stuff. I understand if it's a film which would be particularly good in better quality, but sports?

There is a big difference. Well for me anyway. I have ESPN HD and also BBC HD when they have matches (like last night). Watching poor standard definition football on a HDTV is awful as there is so much pixelation around the players.

Just had a chat with a 'Sky Advisor' about getting Sky Sports with them. The cheapest HD deal he could do me for Sky Sports & ESPN was £56. £18 of that was simply for standard Sky Sports (non-HD). I asked how come Virgin offer Sky Sports for only a few pound extra. Baffles me.

This may be slightly off topic, but does anyone want Freeview streaming online and on iPhone, its 100% legit www.tvcatchup.com

I use TV Catchup online and Iplayer all the time.

Use iplayer on my phone. HTC Hero, doesn't have TV Catch Up application yet, although I use it in the browser.

Last edited:
It is not an official App on the iPhone but it is a WebApp, like iPlayer so it has a nice logo if you save it as a Shortcut to Desktop.

There is a big difference. Well for me anyway. I have ESPN HD and also BBC HD when they have matches (like last night). Watching poor standard definition football on a HDTV is awful as there is so much pixelation around the players.

Meh well then you should weigh up the financial advantages, or disadvantages (or future financial implications) of buying a HD tv before you do.

i either go to the game (i can walk to Celtic Park in less than 30 minutes) or watch it in a pub, as i don't own a telly;p