Cheating Germans or Smart?

Mr Chelsea

Reaction score
You may know this already, but I've just found out that Lehman in 2006 world cup quater-final shoot-out against Argentina had a list of the whole squad and where they put most of their penalties in his sock. He dived the right way with every penalty saving 1. Cambiasso for Argentina then had to score to keep the South Americans in the world cup and Lehman just whipped out his notes 12 yards from the spot kick taker and saved the penalty.

I found this rather funny, yet i'm still really ****** off.

Absolute genius. (H) Btw did you know that Cambiasoo wasn't even on the list? :p

I think you will also find Ben Foster had info on his iPod when United beat Spurs on penalties in the carling cup final. Now thats genius thinking.

A Basque economist told Chelsea that E. Van Der Sar always dove opposite the takers natural foot. So, in the CL Final all the Chelsea players went to their natural side. The exception was A. Cole who went the other way and beat Van Der Sar. So, when Anelka took his penalty if you watch the shootout Van Der Sar points to the corner that all the Chelsea players had been kicking into. This psyched Anelka out and he went the other way and Van Der Sar, diving to Anelka's opposite side, saved it.

It's not really cheating, its preperation. :)

It's the Germans.. So we'll say that one time, they cheated.

How is it cheating? There aren't any rules against having information on the other team... Its just being prepared IMO.

That's just making good use of scouting. It's no different than showing a player onto his weak foot. Same concept. The only thing that might be an issue is whipping out notes during the game might but even then its minor but if he was doing it on the sidelines while waiting his turn to stand in goal then there shouldn't be an issue.

England used FMRTE in 66' so quit yo' *******' (A)

no cheating there... he could have just remembered from beforehand or something... perfectly legit imo

The Germans are German, that is all.

/thread

Sorry, i've just gotta say it... 'Typical Germans!' :$;)

i don't think having the info is cheating but certainly hiding it in your sock may be...

Its not cheating its just that they were extremely well prepared

Let's just hope we're as well prepared before every knock-out game.

I thought is was clever,no rules were broken. Im sure David James done a similar thing with an ipod once,or was it Ben Foster?

Last edited:
The Germans Are like Robots when It comes to penaltys, as much as it annoys me but they rarely lose a shoot out

Germans and their efficiency :$