Reaction score
With all the controversy over ched evens move to Oldham i was thinking how would you feel about him moving to your club if it did happen? and do you think he could perform at the level of what he was before hand.

Me personally would have him im a firm believer in second chances and you carn't deny it but he was a quality player, before it happened so yeah i would personally love to have join the my lower league club.

With all the controversy over ched evens move to Oldham i was thinking how would you feel about him moving to your club if it did happen? and do you think he could perform at the level of what he was before hand.

Me personally would have him im a firm believer in second chances and you carn't deny it but he was a quality player, before it happened so yeah i would personally love to have join the my lower league club.

If he accepted responsibility for his actions I'd be more willing to let him have his second chance. Until he stops viewing himself as a victim of the justice system and understands that he is where he is because he made an irresponsible choice and has shown an alarming lack of responsibility for it. I think that's the reason behind fan groups anger.

If he accepted responsibility for his actions I'd be more willing to let him have his second chance. Until he stops viewing himself as a victim of the justice system and understands that he is where he is because he made an irresponsible choice and has shown an alarming lack of responsibility for it. I think that's the reason behind fan groups anger.

That's assuming he is actually guilty of commiting a crime. McDonald was aquitted for the exact same offence, in the very same trail.

he should be given a 2nd chance in my opinion, though he will never be the same player again

he never raped her! he was just made an example of and should never have been sent down the women who accused him as tried to do it to more than one famous person and also said in court she was too drunk to remember if she was raped

That's assuming he is actually guilty of commiting a crime. McDonald was aquitted for the exact same offence, in the very same trail.

he should be given a 2nd chance in my opinion, though he will never be the same player again

But he's not McDonald..... If you've a problem with the justice system, take it up with Westminster.

Weather he did it or not is not really the issue here. The fact that he is showing a complete disregard for his actions speaks volumes of his maturity and his character. Why would you employ a player who is refusing to acknowledge that his action, even if they were not intentional, have consequences.

he never raped her! he was just made an example of and should never have been sent down the women who accused him as tried to do it to more than one famous person and also said in court she was too drunk to remember if she was raped

rape is defined as failure to gain consent.... so by the letter of the law, he raped her.
Also, why dose what she did in the past matter? Surely you should treat each case on an incident by incident basis.

He is still fighting the outcome of the case, why doesnt he wait till fter that to find a club? As IF it was to change and they found him innocent then he would be able to find a club alot easier,
But i agree with what brendn said, he is showing a total disregard for his actions,

rape is defined as failure to gain consent.... so by the letter of the law, he raped her.
Also, why dose what she did in the past matter? Surely you should treat each case on an incident by incident basis.

Your very right but i think you have to look at the bigger picture and her past is a small piece of that also if she cant remember if she gave consent for *** or not how can they decide its rape? and on top of all this if why would some bird go back to a hotel with you if they didn't want ***?

And also if he actually raped her i don't think he would go through soo much effort to prove he didnt

This is not or should not be an issue right now - he is going through an appeal for his case so was he t accept responsibility and apologise thoroughly then the prosecution would have a field day with the 'he is accepting what he did' line

If the appeal is rejected and he still continues then it can perhaps be an issue but as for now, if he genuinely didn't do it, or believes he didn't then there is no need to apologise while an appeal process is still in progress

He has apologised for the hardship it has caused everyone including the victim and that for the moment is all he can say legally

This is not or should not be an issue right now - he is going through an appeal for his case so was he t accept responsibility and apologise thoroughly then the prosecution would have a field day with the 'he is accepting what he did' line

If the appeal is rejected and he still continues then it can perhaps be an issue but as for now, if he genuinely didn't do it, or believes he didn't then there is no need to apologise while an appeal process is still in progress

He has apologised for the hardship it has caused everyone including the victim and that for the moment is all he can say legally

There is a difference between saying he is guilty and saying that his action may have hurt someone.

He has admitted sleeping with her in that hotel room without first gaining her consent. In his original statement after being released, he apologised to his girlfriend but didn't mention the victim at all. It's only after Oldham said no that he mentioned her and apologised. I don't blame fan groups for not wanting their club involved with a player who conducts himself like that.

Also, don't forget that a club owns a players sporting image rights. He has a very tarnished image right now so you'll loose sponsorship (maybe gate receipts) from signing him. He's done absolutely nothing to try to make himself appear more likeable. Football is a popularity game because of the amounts of money being invested. We all try to tell ourselves that it's about the action on the field but Football as a business is very image based. These are the decisions that go on behind closed doors in the boardrooms and he should know this better than anyone being a professional footballer.

His guilt is for the corts to decided but he has the keys to his image in his own hands and he's damaged it further but not saying that he made a mistake. They can argue in court about what to legally call it but as long as he says he slept with her without gaining consent while still claiming to have done nothing wrong, he's putting nails in your own coffin.