Cheeky, Cheeky Porto!

DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
Porto%252520x%252520Sporting_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg

FC Porto have given Portuguese rivals Sporting CP a total sucker punch after they sold star duo James Rodriguez and Joao Moutinho to Monaco for a combined €70M.

The sucker punch comes from the Dragoes after they negotiated a €70M fee with the newly promoted French side, they noted that Moutinho had a 25% sell on fee in his contract after they signed the midfielder from Sporting back in 2010. This means that whatever they sold Moutinho for, they had to give rivals Sporting 25%. So cheeky as can be, they decided to sell James Rodriguez for €69M and Joao Moutinho for a measly €1M, meaning that Sporting get the smallest of fees and Porto keep the chunk of the rest, meaning they can reinvest in their squad carefully.

Naughty, naughty from the recently re-crowned Champions of Portugal.

ay_110291520.jpg

@dmf180593 -- @RapsAndRabonas

http://t.co/gVkrFTcAHZ

Personally think that this is absolutely genius, and one of the reasons they've made over £300M profit in the last few years on transfers alone.

Last edited:
Seriously?

Now that is business thinking!

That's a brilliant bit of business thinking.

Im a Benfica fan and i always said to my Lion (Sporting) friends that they will always loose dealing with Porto.

In fact, Benfica offered an higher fee for Mountinho, but their preferred to sell him to Porto.

So, im delighted :D

Miles Jacobson, take note.

Keep calm because it's not official yet, we'll have to wait and see, Mangala is also mentioned to be on the deal..

Quoting Batiatus : "Once again the Gods spread cheek to put **** IN ***!"

"Once again the Gods spread cheek to put **** IN ***!"

Raikan, can you have a "Quotes hall of fame" to put this?

With 300.000.000.00 € to spend, plus Chelsea, PSG and City, this is going to be one of the hottest Summer transfers windows in the past years!

This is sensational! Well played Porto, well played.

It's just a rumor though. Fee is 45Million for James and 25 for Moutinho..

transfer is confirmed now. I feel sorry for sporting, what if all clubs start doing this? like accept a £1 offer for a top player and sell them a fringe player aswell for £60m.

Yeah but it was 25M for Moutinho, Sporting will get 3,75M

transfer is confirmed now. I feel sorry for sporting, what if all clubs start doing this? like accept a £1 offer for a top player and sell them a fringe player aswell for £60m.

FIFA would likely clamp it out pretty quicksmart and make all transfers singular, "reasonable", transactions.