Cheer! Cheer! - Righting the wrongs of last season.

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a long time lurker and a first time poster. As some of you might be able to tell my by username or by the title of this story, I'm an Ebbsfleet supporter. Last season was not a great moment for the team to put it bluntly. We bottled a 12 point lead at the top and then bottled it further still when we lost to local rivals Maidstone in the Vanarama Conference South playoff finals. But we're nothing if not resilient and I believe we have the ability to come back fighting.

View attachment 111887

This is me with my Ebbsfleet scarf that I've proudly worn many times. It hangs on my door alongside my signed Ebbsfleet football shirt that I got at the beginning of this season.

View attachment 111884

Safe to say, I love this team and I intend to right the wrongs of last season...

To that end, I have some goals:

Short term:

- Win the Vanarama Conference South in either my first or second season.
- Win the FA trophy in similar time.
- 3rd Round of the FA Cup for a bit of prize money (Though this may be pushing it a bit).

Long term:

- Gain promotion to League 1 or above.
- Win the EFL Trophy/Other trophies as soon as possible.
- Make Ebbsfleet United a global brand.
- Increase the profile of the training facilities to the best possible level so that Ebbsfleet can join and stay at the top level of English football.

My next post will be after pre-season so watch this space!

Last edited:
The Preseason

View attachment 111870

So I'm all settled in as Ebbsfleet Manager. I look like a crimson skin toned copy of Jurgen Klopp despite my best efforts to make me look like 'me'. I tried loading in my ordinary picture from last year's football manager and also a picture of me as The Joker. Funnily enough, The Joker is my best attempt. I shall have to post that later.

View attachment 111873

I've gone for all of the highest settings I could go for in my aims... I might end up eating my words rather heavily come the end of the season but only time will tell.

View attachment 111874

To make sure I meet the expectations placed upon me I have hired a lot of new players and staff. I have literally kitted out my backroom staff to be the best in the league and with any luck, my team should outgun a few opponents, though I am internally kicking myself for missing out on Liam Coogans to Boreham Wood.

View attachment 111871
View attachment 111872

These are my tactics for the season currently, though I might add a third later on... So far they are doing alright. I loaded up a test game and experimented for a while. For some reason these work. I might shuffle things around at people's suggestion. Using the test game, with these two formations I was scoring about 4-6 goals a game. Hopefully I can repeat that.

View attachment 111869

Preseason has been a mixed bag as expected. I played a few big teams to get some extra cash in (Does that still work?) and played a few more games to get the tactics up to scratch. So far I am pleased with how things are going. I like the fact that we have scored against some of the bigger teams - to me that says I'm doing things right whilst the smaller teams definitely didn't get a look in. Now all I can do is wait for the real season to start. I am planning on doing a month to month story with each post coming after the end of each month. It may take me a week or so between work etc but I'll do my best to be consistent.