Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Xabi Alonso's first-half goal gives Liverpool victory at Stamford Bridge and ends Chelsea's 86-game unbeaten home run.

More...

Probably one of the easiest games Liverpool will play all season. Chelsea were pretty useless.

I thought first half Chelsea dominated the game more or less. However, Chelsea got punished because they simply didn't create many clear cut chances apart from Cole's opportunity and a few half chances here and there. But missing Ballack, Drogba, Essien and J. Cole I'm pretty sure they're gonna be the team to beat this season. Was a disappointing second half for them, so props to Liverpool's organisation. Thought Di Santo showed a few nice touches, definitely one to watch in the upcoming seasons.

So glad to see Chelsea lose at home, even if it was to Lpool. Hopefully they go on a bad run :D

I would hardly say Chelsea dominated the game, Liverpool were the more dangerous imo. Tbh it was the same when they played us, they didn't threaten too much. They may struggle when they have to go Anfield and OT in the second half of the season. Then again, maybe thats when Scolari will amaze us all (hopefuly not).

Di Santo did look decent though; though doubt we'll see much of him when everyone is fit.