What database are you playing on?

I'm a huge fan of Diego Costa to sort out your striker options.
Chelsea don't need much strengthening, be on the look out for young CB's for the future.

Buy Varane at cb from madrid future cb partner then for zouma.

and maybe buy volland as good back up and future player as only 20 then all you need really is 1 cm maybe someone like ross barkley or luka modric

If i was to play as Chelsea i would definitely buy a Striker, Diego Costa is a great option if you want an impact player straight away, but if its youth you want i would look at
~Kevin Volland
~Timo Werner
~Gabriel Barbosa

I would also agree with the other guys and say you'll probably want to look into buying a CB of the future like Bartra or Varane

Buy -
Balanta - maybe loan back to current club if you don't sell anyone
Timo Werner
Pugliese - on a free I think?
Jonathan Silva - A very good replacement for Cole, and doesn't cost much
Pogba/Januzaj - if you've got the money, why not? They both become ridiculously good. Sell Jobi Mikel if need be.

You can sell quite a few of the fringe players, and after a season or so players such as Chabolah can break into the starting line up. Eto'o does a good job for a year, Ba and Torres aren't all that bad, plus Torres is very difficult to sell. Costa is the answer for a quick impact though. I've got a Southampton save running at the moment and I've loaned Zouma since the second season up until the fourth, he's been in the first team the whole time, not quite the same standard but he's usable from day one.

Then just loan everyone else out.

Balanta and Doria, Both can break into the first team almost immediately and at the start of the game Balanta is on par with Gary Cahill and within a few months he will surpass him, he grows like a monster and if you are lucky he will get a 190+ CA and literally become like a defensive monster (like Messi but the attribute analysis lines up the top :D)

I use Balanta in my Barcelona save, using LFCMarshal's transfer update so don't have Puyol anymore, he's the 3rd highest rated defender in my team yet I use him as a 1st choice with Pique because he's a physical monster.

Walter Montillo at am - since you dont mind age. He's a god.

Diego Costa is a very good talent but IMO he is way too expensive. He has a release clause of 32m, which is pretty much your entire budget. I often see Klaas-Jan Huntelaar go to Chelsea in my saves, he's kind of old but still a pretty decent option and is much cheaper. Keep in mind that while Chelsea are a bit lacking in the striker department, Lukaku will return from loan in the second season and he is one of the best young strikers in the game. You should be able to get by with Eto'o and Torres untill then.

Instead, I would recommend getting a good young left back. Ashley Cole is good but getting old and Azpilicueta is better played on the right. I personally like Ricardo Rodriguez, great potential and is good enough to at least be a rotation option with Cole in the first season. You should be able to get him for less than £10m.

Last edited:
what year will zouma be first team quality?

I started him in the first team using LFCMarshall's update from the start.. 32 prem apps alongside Terry, 9 goals, 2 assists, 8 POM's, 7.94 Avg. Rating, Young Player of the Season, now star player.. Unbelievable Jeff.

Costa as an Advanced Forward was god like in my long term Chelsea save. I only sold him for £60m coz Lukaku was so good. Reus was a monster as Inside Forward Attack on the Right Wing. Balanta and Doria are both brilliant long term reinforcements for your defence as is Luke Shaw but he will cost you.