ChelseaFan257

Reaction score
Hey all,

After looking at ideas posted on this site and playing around with tactics for a mock season, I hit on this for possession-based attack-minded tactic:

View attachment 455384

The only player instruction I've set is "Distribute to Defenders" for the goalkeeper.

With these players in mind, could anyone suggest changes to player roles/duties/instructions to improve the tactic? Also, I've been playing FM for a few years now but have never been a great tactician, so does anyone have tips on when it might be a bad idea to use it (e.g.: against strong teams like Barca or Bayern, or away from home, etc.)?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: I'm only 3 games into the first season on this save, so player ratings aren't indicative of anything much really.

You should try using 'Run at Defence' and 'Be more Expressive'.

my Chelsea plays AMAZING with those instructions but all of my tries to exploit Hazard... please let me know if you will succeed.

Hey all,

After looking at ideas posted on this site and playing around with tactics for a mock season, I hit on this for possession-based attack-minded tactic:

View attachment 417788

The only player instruction I've set is "Distribute to Defenders" for the goalkeeper.

With these players in mind, could anyone suggest changes to player roles/duties/instructions to improve the tactic? Also, I've been playing FM for a few years now but have never been a great tactician, so does anyone have tips on when it might be a bad idea to use it (e.g.: against strong teams like Barca or Bayern, or away from home, etc.)?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: I'm only 3 games into the first season on this save, so player ratings aren't indicative of anything much really.

Hello. Check this out. I had great success with Chelsea using my tactics here. They were made for a team like Chelsea.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...666-possession-chances-4-2-2-2-4-2-3-1-a.html

Hello. Check this out. I had great success with Chelsea using my tactics here. They were made for a team like Chelsea.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...666-possession-chances-4-2-2-2-4-2-3-1-a.html

Thank you very much for your tactics, I tweaked them slightly and so far they've been working quite spectacularly.

However, and I'm sorry for dragging a new topic into the thread, but I'm at a loss regarding reducing foul counts in this year's game. My team seems to commit an inordinate no of fouls, more so in away games. And almost every game (or every other) also seems to end with the referee being described as biased one way or the other. Does anyone else have this happening on their saves? And would turning on 'Stay on feet' or 'Ease off tackles' help with the discipline issues?