Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that our Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Chelsea agree deal to sign Romelu Lukaku

Reaction score

Chelsea have agreed a deal to sign the teenage Anderlecht striker Romelu Lukaku.

The 18-year-old will join the Premier League side, subject to passing a medical and agreeing personal terms.

Anderlecht announced the sale of Lukaku on their website, but did not reveal the fee. Chelsea reportedly had an £18m bid turned down last month.
"He's an interesting young prospect," said boss Andre Villas-Boas after Chelsea's win over Rangers on Saturday.

"The situation is now that we have to position ourselves to maybe get this kind of talent."

Lukaku became a household name in Belgium when he was top scorer in the domestic league in the 2009-2010 season aged 16.

BBC Sport link

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks like I'll need to find a new striker to sign on FM :( but seriously it will be interesting to see just how good he really is.

Reaction score
Looks like I'll need to find a new striker to sign on FM :(
My first thought xD

Will be one of the best strikers around in years to come, great signing for sure. Also see how Villas-Boas is using him as a future replacement for Drogba.

Reaction score
good buy. hope this means the end of drogba

Simmer down and pucker up
Reaction score
Excited about Romelu the romantic, fantastic player for Anderlecht and he's certainly strong enough for the prem as he's bigger than Drogs and only 18 :)O), so no problem adapting to the physical game..

I think I'd **** if he scored against Arsenal like his idol.

Reaction score
Great signing, excited to see how good he is in the PL

Reaction score
Congratulations to Chelsea, hope he does well there.

Never, ever signed him in FM so I don't really care - I've never been one to sign the more mainstream players.

Reaction score
I'm surprised from Chelsea's point of view that they aren't loaning him back since he will be at least third choice this season behind Torres and Drogba. Obviously its a good signing for the future but right now I don't see how Lukaku himself will benefit at this moment, unless he rips up the Premier League and makes himself undroppable :p

Simmer down and pucker up
Reaction score
I'm surprised from Chelsea's point of view that they aren't loaning him back since he will be at least third choice this season behind Torres and Drogba. Obviously its a good signing for the future but right now I don't see how Lukaku himself will benefit at this moment, unless he rips up the Premier League and makes himself undroppable :p
I think he'll play a part this season at least till Jan when he may go out on loan. If he doesn't play then at least he's getting to know the team and how the club works.

Reaction score
Great signing for Chelsea and I am excited to see him in the Premier League. However, I will wait before he plays to judge him. He has an enormous amount of potential and skill!

Villas-Boas is great at turning some underperforming players in top ones and is a very good manager, some I have tipped Chelsea to finish a close second.

What Villas-Boas needs to do:

"Didier, can I have a word?"

"Sure boss, any time!"

"Can you tutor Romelu for me? He's a big fan of you and I'm sure you'll both benefit from the experience. I rate you as a first team striker at the moment, but in a few years he will replace you. OK?"

"OK, but only because I don't want Fernando f**king Torres replacing me (;))!"

:) A little joke, but I think the Drog should tutor him so he will become the 'new Drogba'.

Banned
Reaction score
Great signing for Chelsea and I am excited to see him in the Premier League. However, I will wait before he plays to judge him. He has an enormous amount of potential and skill!

Villas-Boas is great at turning some underperforming players in top ones and is a very good manager, some I have tipped Chelsea to finish a close second.

What Villas-Boas needs to do:

"Didier, can I have a word?"

"Sure boss, any time!"

"Can you tutor Romelu for me? He's a big fan of you and I'm sure you'll both benefit from the experience. I rate you as a first team striker at the moment, but in a few years he will replace you. OK?"

"OK, but only because I don't want Fernando f**king Torres replacing me (;))!"

:) A little joke, but I think the Drog should tutor him so he will become the 'new Drogba'.

man im so eager to see Torres ****** your ***** off ;)

Reaction score
Hope they agree personal terms as i think he is a great player and can better Drogba. I hope him and Torres combine well together ! (Btw, Chelsea are my second team)

Reaction score
As soon as Arsenal though Didier was getting old his mini me comes along ;)

Reaction score
''Woooo'' Not done yet, still needs to fly over next week sign the contract and get the colonoscopy out the way.