Chelsea Away tactic against teams of similar or better ability

conzy14

Reaction score
I've started a career with Chelsea and my home tactic is working but I can't seem to make a tactic that works away from home against big clubs. I had this problem on fm15 as well and it's very frustrating!

ive got the same squad that you start with and my home tactic is a 4-2-3-1.

anyone able to help with a new tactic that would work away for the current Chelsea team???

i stopped trying to make a 4231 working since counter attack and crosses from lower teams are op atm sadly

i stopped trying to make a 4231 working since counter attack and crosses from lower teams are op atm sadly

What did you do instead? Even my home tactic which I used in the community shield against Arsenal didn't work, kept getting stung on the counter attack!
Im not sure what to do tactically now with the players I've got!!!

I've started a career with Chelsea and my home tactic is working but I can't seem to make a tactic that works away from home against big clubs. I had this problem on fm15 as well and it's very frustrating!

ive got the same squad that you start with and my home tactic is a 4-2-3-1.

anyone able to help with a new tactic that would work away for the current Chelsea team???
crosses from lower teams are op atm sadly

o.png

What did you do instead? Even my home tactic which I used in the community shield against Arsenal didn't work, kept getting stung on the counter attack!
Im not sure what to do tactically now with the players I've got!!!

Playing with a DM helps tremendously. Also try 3 CB formations since the fullback positioning is a little bugged out right now.

What do you need help with?? If you post your setup and the issues you have, we can start helping.

That's complete and utter BS. It is OP because people tend to go for systems that are far too attacking, which leaves them open at the back and/or ****** movement up front that can't break teams down. For the first time in quite a while, counter attacking has a chance against these systems and is a viable option to consider.

I'll upload some screen grabs in a bit, I've been reading into the tactical advice on the forums, but maybe I'm trying too much possibly? But any help would be very much appreciated :) will upload in around half hour.

What do you need help with?? If you post your setup and the issues you have, we can start helping.

cant upload pics but playing

GK- courtois-D
DR- IVANVIC- LFB-D
DC- TERRY- CD-D
DC-CAHILL-CD-D
DL- AZPILICUETA- WB-A
MCL- FABREGAS- DLP-S
MCR- MATIC-CM-D
AML- HAZARD- IF-S
AMC OSCAR- AP-S
AMR- PEDRO- RMD-A
STC- COSTA- CF-A

FLEXIBLE - CONTROL

TEAM INSTRUCTIONS

LOWER TEMPO
FAIRLY WIDE
CLOSING DOWN MORE
HIGH DEFENSE LINE
STAY ON FEET
PLAY OUT DEFENSE
PASS INTO SPACE
SHORTER PASSING
RETAIN POSSESION
ROAM FROM POSITION
WORK BALL INTO BOX

That's complete and utter BS. It is OP because people tend to go for systems that are far too attacking, which leaves them open at the back and/or ****** movement up front that can't break teams down. For the first time in quite a while, counter attacking has a chance against these systems and is a viable option to consider.
yeah sure point me a solid 4231 with IF here then? oh wait there is none coz this system is already weak on the flanks but was doable previous versions, happy for you if you like counter then but if you cant reckon that atm average teams can bomb you on flanks with unrealistic pace for their level and kill you with op crosses, dont know how is bs ing between you and me. not to mention SI has already stated that there IS a problem in m.e. when back four is loosing its defensive shape

yeah sure point me a solid 4231 with IF here then? oh wait there is none coz this system is already weak on the flanks but was doable previous versions, happy for you if you like counter then but if you cant reckon that atm average teams can bomb you on flanks with unrealistic pace for their level and kill you with op crosses, dont know how is bs ing between you and me. not to mention SI has already stated that there IS a problem in m.e. when back four is loosing its defensive shape
I know all about issues with the ME. ;)

There is no unrealistic pace and crosses aren't OP. It's that a defending back 4 narrows too much, leaving opposition wingers on the opposite flank wide open.

You can still maintain a good defence, despite issues in the ME.

cant upload pics but playing

GK- courtois-D
DR- IVANVIC- LFB-D
DC- TERRY- CD-D
DC-CAHILL-CD-D
DL- AZPILICUETA- WB-A
MCL- FABREGAS- DLP-S
MCR- MATIC-CM-D
AML- HAZARD- IF-S
AMC OSCAR- AP-S
AMR- PEDRO- RMD-A
STC- COSTA- CF-A

FLEXIBLE - CONTROL

TEAM INSTRUCTIONS

LOWER TEMPO
FAIRLY WIDE
CLOSING DOWN MORE
HIGH DEFENSE LINE
STAY ON FEET
PLAY OUT DEFENSE
PASS INTO SPACE
SHORTER PASSING
RETAIN POSSESION
ROAM FROM POSITION
WORK BALL INTO BOX
Many, many, many TIs. Again though, WHAT do you need help with? Have you read the sticky thread? You need to provide info.

No I haven't where can I find it? Also my team don't keep possession very well and tend to give it away in the final 3rd and I get hit on the counter :/

Please help I'm going out my mind atm will upload screenshots of formation and team instructions!
i keep getting carved open at the back even by teams like chesterfield and Dundee! Giving the ball away in their final 3rd can't get Costa involved in the game as well!!!!!!!

I can't upload photos!!! I've read into a lot about the tactics but nothing seems to be working and I'm just about to have a FM breakdown any minute!

Can you send me this tactic I only using Chelsea in fm16 as I love Chelsea. I am not good with low teams :(