Chelsea bid for youngster Lukaku

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 2K
Would like to see how he performs in the league.

Chelsea have signed Lukaku? "It's a dream to play at the Bernabeu. Jose Mourinho as the coach is an extra motivation."

Lukaku: "I'm not obliged to sign for the Blues. There are other big clubs in Europe. I want to aim as high as possible."

Judging my these quotes, I wouldn't take it as a done deal for Chelsea..

"Of course, it's a dream to play at the Bernabeu. It's a top stadium,'' he said. '' That Jose Mourinho is the coach of Real Madrid is an extra motivation. For a coach like Mourinho, I'd want to learn as much as I possibly can."

"It is my favourite team. I have always said it and I have never hidden it. But it is not because Chelsea is my favourite team that I have to go there. There is also Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City. These big five are very interesting. Tottenham are also a good club. As a young kid you dream of playing in every big team. It is not because Chelsea is my favourite team that I have to specifically go there."

He's leaving his options open, he's hardly going to come out and say "I want to join Chelsea and no other club interests me", is he? What if Chelsea didn't want him and he's come out and said that he doesn't want to play for anyone, but Chelsea? As I say he was only leaving his options open. It's obvious he dreams of playing for Chelsea from everything he's said, but he's said time and time again that his Dad will help him make the best decision for his career and if that means not going to Chelsea then he won't go to Chelsea. I think he will though.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Wondered how long it would take for someone to take the plunge on him, see no need for Chelsea to buy him really with the likes of Torres, Drogba and Anelka AND Sturridge who showed he is more than capable to impact in the PL.

Drogba is 33 and Anelka is 32. He will be Drogba's replacement.

"Of course, it's a dream to play at the Bernabeu. It's a top stadium,'' he said. '' That Jose Mourinho is the coach of Real Madrid is an extra motivation. For a coach like Mourinho, I'd want to learn as much as I possibly can."

"It is my favourite team. I have always said it and I have never hidden it. But it is not because Chelsea is my favourite team that I have to go there. There is also Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City. These big five are very interesting. Tottenham are also a good club. As a young kid you dream of playing in every big team. It is not because Chelsea is my favourite team that I have to specifically go there."

He's leaving his options open, he's hardly going to come out and say "I want to join Chelsea and no other club interests me", is he? What if Chelsea didn't want him and he's come out and said that he doesn't want to play for anyone, but Chelsea? As I say he was only leaving his options open. It's obvious he dreams of playing for Chelsea from everything he's said, but he's said time and time again that his Dad will help him make the best decision for his career and if that means not going to Chelsea then he won't go to Chelsea. I think he will though.

Thats what I said. Just coz his fav team is Chelsea doesn't mean he will end up at Chelsea. He will move to the club that is best for his career like Smalling and Ramsey did..

Back