Chelsea bring in keeper Turnbull

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 892

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Chelsea sign Middlesbrough goalkeeper Ross Turnbull on a free transfer.

More...

I cant believe this.Turnbull couldn't even get in our team over Brad Jones who is total ****.Knowing Boro's luck though he'll turn out to be the new Gordon Banks.

This is like when they signed Hilario.. You just think "why!?" but fairplay to Turnbull :]

3 reasons y chelsea bought him. hes young only 24, hes english, and being at a big club with the right training may become a a great goalkeeper just look at what we did with cudicini

Wow somebody is over rating Chelsea's training! Oh lets bring any 24 year old English goalkeeper.. In a couple of years they will be amazing!... Yeah.. Sure (Y)

didnt say it will happen did i, i sed it mite, and cudicini played hes best years before cech came so who can blame him for being on the bench

Yeah but when Cudicini joined.. He pretty much instantly took over as no. 1 goalkeeper. Oh and another **** Chelsea goalkeeper signing.. Jorgen Macho! My god he sucked.

chelsea were smart in this deal though if you think about it really hes not amazing but he would be a decent back up goalkeeper to cech they have got him on a free with no compensation or anything to pay and hilario is knocking on a bit now so think in the long run they have got a keeper who will be sitting and warming the bench for some years,and he is gonna be on low wages

yer admittinly, but did suffer a bad injury that kept him out ov the side but probarly wasent good enuf anyway. at the end of the day cudicini cost up 100thousand so easily one of the keeper buys ever. so im not writting turnbull off just yet.

as a middlesbrough fan i personally dont really rate turnbull but im sure chelsea have the right training coaches and programmes that will only make him better i for one wont be suprised to see him go to a team like aston villa or tottenham within a few seasons

yer most proberly. chelsea r just buying some young english players because of this 6+5 rule thats all.

its good buisness by them really cause simply if he plays a few games for them then a new team come up from the championship who are looking to bring a goalkeeper in then turnbull would be a possibilty and chelsea will be making a nice little profit in time to come

hes gonna be 3rd choice though because of hilario

nor he has signed a 2year extension 2day it was on sky sports news

Back