Chelsea decide not to renew Wilkins contract??

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 2K
something has kicked off, no way would you decide to do that. Any way you cut it thats a blow to Chelsea. Shame, I have a lot of respect for Ray Wilkins. Hopefully he can get involved in the england set up

Last edited:
Always thought Wilkins has been pretty useless since he managed Fulham. Probably not a key member of staff despite his position though because new Manager's tend to bring in there own backroom. Wilkins probably slowly been pushed out of the club. Probably a nice 15/20k off the wage bill though.

I thought this was going to be some noob posting screenshots of FM. Actually pretty gutted about this. :S

Always thought Wilkins has been pretty useless since he managed Fulham. Probably not a key member of staff despite his position though because new Manager's tend to bring in there own backroom. Wilkins probably slowly been pushed out of the club. Probably a nice 15/20k off the wage bill though.

He was pretty close with the players, and Ancelotti came over on his own he didn't bring any of his staff from AC Milan.

Strange one, i thought Butch was part of the Chelsea furniture.

Maybe Steve Clarke is coming back? Strange decision that.

Strange one, i thought Butch was part of the Chelsea furniture.

He really was mate, thats why its abit of a shocker. Im pretty sure somthing has happend behind doors because this really dosen't make any sence at all.

This is a little worrying, a lot of these kinds of things tend to signify a collapse in form and generally **** just goes a bit mental for a while. I hope Chels can move on smoothly and continue our good form and keep our stability.

something has kicked off, no way would you decide to do that. Any way you cut it thats a blow to Chelsea. Shame, I have a lot of respect for Ray Wilkins. Hopefully he can get involved in the england set up

Feel the same bruv, its bad enough we've been playing poorly now this?

Maybe Carlo felt the players have got to comfortable with the situation and feels a change will sharpen things up. I really don't know but i want to find out.

i dont think we will ever know the truth, because Wilkins is a top guy with high morals and I dont think we will want to rock the boat at Chelsea. He will leave with his head held high.
I think he was only employed for short term to be a bridge between the players and new management set up until Ancelotti got his own man in

I have heard a few people say they have heard he has been offered a managers position somewhere else?? If so then it would make sence i supose but lets just see what happens.

Very weird. Unless he is taking the managers job somewhere else, I would feel it would have to be somewhere with good prospects to make him want to leave Chelsea.

I have spoken to a few fans and they are all genuinly worried this could cause unrest within the club.

very surprised, could be a bad day for chelsea and a good one for man utd

I'm a bit gutted about this. Butch is about as blue as they come. I've heard Steve Clarke is trying to get into management and maybe Wilkins is following suit. Genuinely wish the best of luck to him either way. And as far as I'm concerned he'd always be welcome back - maybe he could do that a few years down the line as manager if he does well?

Back