Chelsea decide not to renew Wilkins contract??

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 2K
suprised at this thought he was a good assistant manager

the return of steve clarke?

Real shocker this. Always rated Wilkins and seemed like a top bloke. I agree also that this could cause some unrest but hope not. Good luck to him though whatever happens next in his career.

So, now which club has a problem CJACKO? ;)

Anyway, it is very odd that the day after a derby win the assistant manager leaves the club..

I thought he was important for Chels seems not.

Surprised not a thread about this:
Wesley Sneijder diagnosed with anaemia after passing out at Inter game

My guess is that he's been offered a managers job somewhere.
I wish it was Walsall!

I think he will be joining England as a full time coach.

Capello wants someone who is top drawer who won't use the post as a shop window to get a managerial job.

He's probably on big money too, and I doubt Ancelotti uses him like previous managers have done.

Or perhaps they need space to bring Clarkey back?

I can not understand this one at all. I don't see why this has happened, this could seriously cause unrest at the club, and I am seriously seriously worried :S

Not sure who will become No.2, but I would like Clarky and Zola back :)

Wilkins to England as Assistant as he is Italian speaking and will connect with the players..

Not a clue who will go to Chelsea as a replacement though, unless Carlo is going to try a Fergie and go the season without an assistant, which we all know always ended badly for Fergie.

Very strange decision this. Surely he'd offer some sort of explanation, unless there's been a rift. First thoughts were that he's left to take up a managerial job elsewhere, but it's so sudden, and no explanation has been given.. Would love him at England tbh, good assistant. Worried for Chelsea, he's been there for so long the players must have a great bond with him..

Would hate for Pat Rice to leave :'( Who would follow Arsene around?

Chelsea look within for new coach

Chelsea are likely to replace sacked coach Ray Wilkins with an internal appointment, BBC Sport understands.

More...

think its a joke how they have treated wilkins :(

How so? Some contracts get renewed, some don't. Unless you know the internal reasons why Chelsea decided not to renew his contract then I don't see how you can call it a 'joke'.

i think it will be either Zole or Maldini to take the assistants job.

Back