Chelsea FC - Winning Winning Winning .... hopefully.

• Thread starter Thread starter minifletch
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 8K
b8qrmc.png

Chelsea FC - Winning Winning Winning
2012 - 2013

Brunt Grabs Last Grasp Draw.

b8qrmc.png
29bmvqt.png

Chelsea: Petr Cech, Wallace, Branoslav Ivanovic, John Terry, Ashley Cole, Oriel Romeu (Frank Lampard. 52), Lewis Holtby, Ramires, Victor Moses, Juan Mata (Oscar 65.), Eden Hazard (Daniel Sturridge. 85).

West Brom:
Ben Foster, Steven Reid, Jonas Olsson, Craig Dawson (Garath McAuley. 90), Goran Popov, Youssuf Mulumbu, Claudio Yacob, Zoltan Gera (Billy Jones. 90), James Morrison, Chris Brunt, Shane Long (Peter Odemwinge. 56).

Chelsea 1 (Victor Moses. 28)
West Brom 1 (Chris Brunt 90+1)

After securing the European Super Cup Chelsea welcomed West Brom to Stamford Bridge hoping that they could extend their winning run. However West Brom were in some form themselves seeing off Manchester United in their last Premier League game 3-1 and were hoping for another giant killing as they traveled to London. Chelsea made four chances to the side that beat Madrid including debuts for Wallace and Victor Moses. Chelsea started the game off strongly however most of their efforts came thanks to long range attempted from their attacking midfielders and were easily dealt with by keeper Ben Foster. However a charge run from Victor Moses, seeing the Nigerian break into the box and finishing low into the corner with minimal fuss 1-0. Chelsea carried on to pose the biggest goal threat however throughout the game struggled to take control of the possession with West Brom seeing more of the ball and this will no doubt worry manager Jose Mourinho. With just seconds left in the game James Morrison found space in the area to shoot however is shot was stopped by keeper Petr Cech however the ball fell right at the feet of captain Chris Brunt's feet who slotted the ball home into the empty net 1-1.

Jose Mourinho admits his team were not good enough and change is needed "Horrible performances out their but I can't put all the blame on the players as I don't think the tactic worked well out there today as we struggled to get through their defense and choose to shot from long distance instead which didn't work. For the next game against Valencia there may well be a number of changes however we could also revert back to playing out old formation and trying to go out dominate the game and possession. We are still in a transitional period so we didn't expect results straight away but we should have won today.

6z4sr5.png

Great start for Chelsea :P
Made some good signings though...
Will be following
Would keep hold of Lampard!

Amazing writing here, I thought I was writing too much in mine, but I'm loving this! I'm going to be following just to read it, let alone to see how your managing techniques play out. :D

Keep it coming.

Good start to your career will follow to see how you progress good luck

Back