Renato10

Reaction score
I need a tactic for my Chelsea team. I tried soooo many tactics which are uploaded here, but none of them works. I'm asking myself if I'm really such a bad manager. Can you please reccomend a tactic which will work with Chelsea? Below is my squad.

View attachment 302435

The tactic you have posted doesn't look that bad :) - I am playing with chelsea and are currently using several tactics which I have downloaded from this site. I typically use Mr Langvatn's 4-5-1 revitalized when I am playing home and I use the 2_Lord from Lordofavp and the Namzet system tactics. I use shouts if I get the feeling we are not creating enough - typically I shout to the team to walk the ball into box or hassle opponents and get stuck in - that way we win the ball quicker. Namzet's tactic is also very good at drawing your opponents towards you, so I typically play really quick wingers such as Hazard on the left and Moses on the right.

If you want to keep working on your current tactic, then I think you don't need to change that much to make this tactic work - I would perhaps change the style to Balanced - Very fluid is not bad given the creative players you have at Chelsea, but with very fluid the players get to do what they want - and it will take more gel (and time) for that to work - against stronger teams I would recommend having a more balanced style. Secondly, If you are using wing backs (I tend to do the same), then you should consider changing your wingers into Inside Forwards (support) instead - that would mean that they will cut inside more, leaving room for your wingbacks to storm forward and you would swamp the opposition's goal - Even with the support setting they will still take shots at goal and be very dangerous. I like the AM setting for Mata, as this means he will run at goal and take some shots for him self. I would probably change the midfielders' roles - having them as CM creates a strong midfield, but with your attacking force you really want to get the ball quickly and get it forward - hence, I would recommend you change the midfielders to Deep Lying Playmaker and Ball Winning Midfielder - that way you will have for example Ramires winning the ball and Mikel passing it quickly to the wing backs who could then launch and attack.

If you can't seem to break through the defense, then shout work ball into box - and hassle opponents + get stuck in. you will get a few more yellow cards, but you will win more balls and hence, score more goals.

I would also recommend that you focus on your tactic in the match preperation area - and also team cohession since a lot of these players are new to the team and they haven't played together that long.

Finally, I would recommend you have a couple of other tactics to switch to - based on my experience with FM 2013 the computer seems to figure out how to counter your strategy quite quickly. Perhaps consider creating a tactic where you more Mata up next to Torres and change the role to deep-lying-forward - then you suddently have a 4-2-2-2 with even more strike force - Play Torres as DLF and play Sturridge as the poacher - Mata can also play inside forward left if Eden needs to relax.

good luck 8-|

I don't belive you can find a plug and play tactic (yet) for this years FM so you need to learn how to adapt your strategy during games to be succesfull - I don't think there is any way around that.

I usually approach games this way - if I am away from home (against a weak opponent), I try to maximize my striking force, hence playing with two strikers - I typically play with wing backs and inside forward (support) - When the game kicks off, I start watching my match stats - If I don't create any chances within the first 30 minutes I would change either change the strategy or apply my shouts (work ball into box, hassle opponets and get stuck in) - that usually does the trick - otherwise, I sub the poorest performers. I always play my strongest team away from home.

If I play away from home (against a strong opponent), I would rely more on counter attack - I usually apply Namzet's tactic where you play with a lone striker and a DMC - the passing is done via the flanks where I have employed my fastest wings. I would employ shouts: work ball into box if I can't get score - typically that does the trick. Again - I always play my strongest team away from home.

If I play at home I would typically, employ a tactic with one striker - Langvatn's 4-5-1 revitalized or similar - This typically is enough to win at home where opposition often park the bus.

Watch your opponents formation during games - if your opponet changes his formation then that is a sure sign that your tactic is working.

I am no expert, so I am sure you could find better options, but by more or less doing this I managed to win the Charity shield, League Cup, Super cup, World Cup for club teams, Premier League and Champions League in my first season - that said, I did buy Fellaini to help me gain more possesion in the midfield and Hatem Ben Arfa to help me gain speed on the right wing (Inside Forward (support) is perfect for him). I ended the Premier League with about 90 points, so you should be able to win a few games applying this approch - but find out what works for you.

Last edited: