Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
I've just started the first season and decided to change to a 4-3-1-2 to accomodate Drogba and Torres. We were undefeated in pre-season but I feel it could have been more convincing, but i'm hoping as the team become more used to the tactic we will play better.

I was just wondering who you would fill the rest of the team in with to suit my tactics?

So far i've used:

Cech
Ivanovic - Alex - Terry - A.Cole
Ramires - Essien - Lampard
Benayoun
Drogba - Torres

I have signed Phil Jones and Lukaku for the future (but it won't let me make Drogba tutor Lukaku for some reason) and I plan to bring David Luiz into the team when he's settled. I was thinking of signing Hamsik to play AMC but he is expensive, and whilst I have the money i'm not sure whether he is best suited, I have a deal for £25mil arranged but not sure whether to accept. I like Van Der Wiel but I don't need a RB. Any other signings you would make?

Reaction score
you need an AMC i think you should move lampard up to AMC and bring Mikel where lampard was

Reaction score
Perhaps look for another AMC to replace Benayoun if Hamsik is too expensive.
Eden Hazard?

Reaction score
Javier Pastore is all you need.

(PS. If you need a new striker -> Emile Heskey is your choice as Target man)

Reaction score
Javier Pastore is all you need.

(PS. If you need a new striker -> Emile Heskey is your choice as Target man)
What is it with you and Heskey?
I've seen you post his name in about 5 different threads in 10 minutes.

Reaction score
Well I can afford Hamsik, it's just a case of whether or not he will do well there I guess. I think Pastore will cost even more according to my scouts, but i'll keep Heskey in mind especially as Torres has got injured already.

Does Hazard play well through the middle? I know it says he can play there on the game but I always think of him as more of a wide player...

Reaction score
What is it with you and Heskey?
I've seen you post his name in about 5 different threads in 10 minutes.
exactly i was jsut about to comment about this

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Heskey as DC ... I might just retrain him, since I have him in my Sunderland save..

But Heskey has been good choice, 3 games 1+1.

Reaction score
How about Ganso for AMC?

Cheaper than Hamsik and has the potential to be one of the best on the game.

Reaction score
I think Lukaku can only be tutored if he's in the youth squad.

Reaction score
Javier Pastore is a real beast in my squad. He plays as AMC and scores a lot of goals and makes a lot of assists.

Banned
Reaction score
Paulo Henrique (Ganso) should be your top choice for AMC, i'm playing the same formation as you, albeit without Torres, and I have him at AMC he's my second top-scorer and is top of the assists leader board. You can get him for 15.5 million, well that's what I got him for. Then play Lampard in midfield as an Adv Playmaker - Support.

Reaction score
i would say hazard too, i've used him in my chelsea save , he was quality in either mc or amc, even in aml. he will cost you around £15m, OR go for pastore

Reaction score
well I still cant tutor Lukaku even if i put him in the under 18 squad... so I could have waited to buy him, the whole idea was that he could learn from Drogba.

As far as Ganso goes, is he good enough to have an immediate impact? I want to win the title this season and maybe more.