Chelsea 'in Lukaku discussions'

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 2K
I wouldn't count your chickens.. You look set to miss out on Neymar, and according to Young Guns Blog, Lukaku could stay in Belgium for another year. Also a real possibility of you getting out-bid by/rejected by the player in favour of Utd re: Modric.

Who is Kevin De Bruyne? I've never heard of him..

Kevin De Bruyne is Genk Winger.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

12th Grader playing XI football. incredible.

hope he passes,so that his parent will be lenient ;)

I wouldn't count your chickens.. You look set to miss out on Neymar, and according to Young Guns Blog, Lukaku could stay in Belgium for another year. Also a real possibility of you getting out-bid by/rejected by the player in favour of Utd re: Modric.

Who is Kevin De Bruyne? I've never heard of him..

no i doubt we will miss out on Neymar as currently we and Man City are the only 2 clubs who can realistically afford him and Neymar has confessed in many interviews that he admires Chelsea, think if it comes down to a bidding war, he will choose us over Eastlands

I very much doubt an Arsenal blog will know much about the transfer of Lukaku, our chief executive Ron Gourlay has said that we are looking to buy 3 key players this summer atleast and the process is going well currently plus Lukaku has said Drogba is his idol and he is a fan of Chelsea, very much doubt he will give up the chance to play alongisde Drogba particularly as Drogba may not be with us in 2-3 seasons

Kevin De Bruyne is one of the hottest prospects in the Belgian League

If it does come down to between us and United for Modric, then its 50-50 eh, I mean both clubs have a chance of winning trophies next season, both have a good future ahead of them and as our new manager should be announced in the coming week, that should not be a problem... btw we are the only club who seem to have made a concrete bid for Modric currently, I am sure we will return with an improved offer, btw Modric apparentyl said he wants to remain in London, not sure how reliable it is but then its between us and Arsenal ;)

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Disagree with what? That you're going to miss out on Neymar? From what I've heard, Madrid have put in an offer and Chelsea haven't yet. I know the agent's comments weren't quite on the spot, but presumably they didn't come from nowhere. He said he had heard strong rumours, and appeared to exaggerate them to the extent he was apparently set to join Madrid imminently.

If it came down to Chelsea or Madrid, I imagine the latter would be his preferred option; Hispanic, higher wages, better team (IMO), probably more chance of getting opportunities as well.

And yeah, I was being serious. Hadn't heard of him before the Chelsea links.

More opportunites?

Well Madrid have two world class forwards in Benzema and Higuan... very much doubt he can overtake them

On the right wing is Ronaldo, nuff said

On the left wing is Di Maria who has had a great season for Madrid and they have the likes of Ozil and Kaka in the centre

Yes I think he should get many opportunities ;)

Last edited:
no i doubt we will miss out on Neymar as currently we and Man City are the only 2 clubs who can realistically afford him and Neymar has confessed in many interviews that he admires Chelsea, think if it comes down to a bidding war, he will choose us over Eastlands

I very much doubt an Arsenal blog will know much about the transfer of Lukaku, our chief executive Ron Gourlay has said that we are looking to buy 3 key players this summer atleast and the process is going well currently plus Lukaku has said Drogba is his idol and he is a fan of Chelsea, very much doubt he will give up the chance to play alongisde Drogba particularly as Drogba may not be with us in 2-3 seasons

Kevin De Bruyne is one of the hottest prospects in the Belgian League

If it does come down to between us and United for Modric, then its 50-50 eh, I mean both clubs have a chance of winning trophies next season, both have a good future ahead of them and as our new manager should be announced in the coming week, that should not be a problem... btw we are the only club who seem to have made a concrete bid for Modric currently, I am sure we will return with an improved offer, btw Modric apparentyl said he wants to remain in London, not sure how reliable it is but then its between us and Arsenal ;)

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

More opportunites?

Well Madrid have two world class forwards in Benzema and Higuan... very much doubt he can overtake them

On the right wing is Ronaldo, nuff said

On the left wing is Di Maria who has had a great season for Madrid and they have the likes of Ozil and Kaka in the centre

Yes I think he should get many opportunities ;)

Neymar would rotate on the left with Di Maria, who never had that great of a season.

Neymar would rotate on the left with Di Maria, who never had that great of a season.

umm it was his first season in Spain in a new league playing for a new club and he did qute well when u take all those factors into account... still think he will get more chances at Chelsea cos if he comes, he will rotate with Malouda who is quite inconsistent meaning that if Neymar makes an impact, he can slot into the first-team right away

umm it was his first season in Spain in a new league playing for a new club and he did qute well when u take all those factors into account... still think he will get more chances at Chelsea cos if he comes, he will rotate with Malouda who is quite inconsistent meaning that if Neymar makes an impact, he can slot into the first-team right away

I never said he was bad did I? I just said he weren't great. I think he'd get as many chances at both clubs but Madrid > Chelsea (no offense but they're probably the biggest in the world).

I never said he was bad did I? I just said he weren't great. I think he'd get as many chances at both clubs but Madrid > Chelsea (no offense but they're probably the biggest in the world).

well as of now we will have to wait until the end of Copa America to see what becomes of him

well as of now we will have to wait until the end of Copa America to see what becomes of him

Of course, but you have to think if Madrid make a formal bid he'll move there.

Of course, but you have to think if Madrid make a formal bid he'll move there.

could be or he might want to play in the PLM too, if its between us and Madrid then they will be favourites but consdering the price tag Santos has put on him, I am not sure Madrid will cough up 35m+ to sign him

Back