Chelsea in plans to move to Earls Court?

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 2K
to be honest chelsea dont really have a choice in this, the finanicial fair play rules mean that maximising revenue is more important than ever

Chelsea are being quite silent in this at the moment and not giving too much away. The site they want to build on is staying until 2012 anyway so its a long time away yet. I think the best club to follow in this type of situation is Arsenal.

Talk of Fulham moving to Stamford Bridge if this happens. Another option is for Chelsea and Fulham to groundshare this potential new stadium.

Hope it doesn't happen but I do understand the economics of it.

Talk of Fulham moving to Stamford Bridge if this happens. Another option is for Chelsea and Fulham to groundshare this potential new stadium.

Hope it doesn't happen but I do understand the economics of it.

I think the hatered between Chelsea and Fulham is stronger with the Fulham end but you have to agree it isen't as strong as other London derbys so it could work. How much of a 60,000 do you think you could reguarly fill mate j.w? If im honest i would be more uneasy about you moving into the Bridge after we leave lol.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6496804,00.html

This dosen't say it wont happen but just not yet, i think we are trying to keep this quiet at the moment.

I think the hatered between Chelsea and Fulham is stronger with the Fulham end but you have to agree it isen't as strong as other London derbys so it could work. How much of a 60,000 do you think you could reguarly fill mate j.w? If im honest i would be more uneasy about you moving into the Bridge after we leave lol.

It's not really the hatred towards Chelsea. I just don't want to leave Craven Cottage because I think it is a unique match day experience. I wouldn't want to move to Stamford Bridge though. I'd take a ground share but I don't like the idea of loads of empty seats at Fulham game, we'd probably only sell about 30k of tickets maybe 40k if we're lucky but it would certainly provide opportunity for us to develop as a club.

Was speaking to my Dad ealier and he said what would a new stadium be called. I remember on FM a while ago they built a new stadium and named it The Zola Arena. But if our sponsor is still Samsung then im pretty sure it will be called The Samsung Stadium, but only if its soley Chelsea's ground. God knows what it would be called if it was shared by Chelsea and Fulham maybe the London Arena something like that. I think these plans will fade away for abit anyway and may arise a year or 2 down the line.

a bigger stadium's a better stadium, but I like the atmosphere better in Stamford Bridge, which is quite cramped :)

a bigger stadium's a better stadium, but I like the atmosphere better in Stamford Bridge, which is quite cramped :)

At times the Bridge can be pretty quiet but when everyone comes together its hair tingling. At times the stands sing against one and other which maybe gives off the impression we don't sing. I know for a fact whenever i make it to the Bridge (next trip this Sunday) i can't speak for the next few days and i make sure of it.

Don't care about financial status.

**** sharing with them.

im a blues fan. why cant we just expand the staudim (Arsenals day job)

At times the Bridge can be pretty quiet but when everyone comes together its hair tingling. At times the stands sing against one and other which maybe gives off the impression we don't sing. I know for a fact whenever i make it to the Bridge (next trip this Sunday) i can't speak for the next few days and i make sure of it.
well nothing can happen on that site till 2012 since it will be used for the olympics, but theres plans to build flats there so chelsea have to commit one way or the other sooner or later.

ramires there is no space to expand stamford bridge

'No Chelsea move' from Stamford Bridge to Earls Court

_49863672_ec1_ext_008.jpg

• Chelsea have denied a report that they will leave Stamford Bridge for a new purpose-built stadium at Earls Court.
The Guardian newspaper said the club were in talks with the developers of the Exhibition Centre which is due to be demolished after the 2012 Olympics.
But Chelsea spokesman Steve Atkins said: "We don't have any plans to move stadium at this time."
The current plan for the site in west London is an 8,000-home development by architect Sir Terry Farrell.
But the developer, Capital and Counties, is understood to be assessing all options for the venue before a final decision is made.
Interested 'years ago'
Chelsea considered moving from Stamford Bridge to nearby Earls Court in 2006 but did not take the idea further.
Earls Court Exhibition Centre, which has hosted exhibitions and concerts since it opened in 1937, is scheduled to be knocked down built after the Olympic volleyball competition is held there in 2012.
"There are quotes out there today from the investment director of the site developers for Earls Court, saying they've merely been keeping us up to date on progress for the site, because we were interested a number of years ago," said Mr Atkins.
"But they are committed to their original plan, which is the housing project."
Chelsea are understood to be looking at ways to increase their income while staying at Stamford Bridge.
One way would be to find a sponsor whose name would be incorporated into the stadium's identity.

im a blues fan. why cant we just expand the staudim (Arsenals day job)

There is no room to expand Stamford Bridge mate. On one side you have the trainline and on the other side you have Fulham Road so its impossible.

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Also their is alot of talks suggesting Chelsea should knock down the Bates hotel behind the ShedEnd and make that into a bigger stand but the local council have said it would be impossible to get people in and out of the Bridge because of this. But the CFCnet fanzine who have a big impact on the club they were the ones who got Chelsea to change their badge to the current one have a good relationship with the chief of police around the area, and they have him on record stating it wouldn't be any problem getting people in and out of the Bridge even if they went up to 55-60 thousand. They are pretty sure that in the future this is what will happen they don't want to move away from the Bridge and normally they get what they want.

@ Jack, it's good to see you're not getting really angry at the "no history" claims, because you're basically seeing yourself in the way you try to annoy other fans..

@ Jack, it's good to see you're not getting really angry at the "no history" claims, because you're basically seeing yourself in the way you try to annoy other fans..

If thats aimed at me my names not Jack. I don't write stuff like that, it was obvious what he was trying to do, i say what i believe if people don't agree then fair enough i respect their views. Football is a game full of debate don't take what i say too personly because trust me i don't take yours.

I know your names not Jack, but I like calling you it because it annoys you. You've obviously racked up 23 infractions for a reason and you should come to the realisation that you love annoying people.

Anyway, I hope Chelsea don't move because the Bridge is a nice stadium and I don't see why they should need to improve it.

I know your names not Jack, but I like calling you it because it annoys you. You've obviously racked up 23 infractions for a reason and you should come to the realisation that you love annoying people.

Anyway, I hope Chelsea don't move because the Bridge is a nice stadium and I don't see why they should need to improve it.

It dosen't bother me, you can call me whatever you like. Most of my infractions were a while ago and even gained thanks to my brother using my laptop when i leave it on. If i annoy people then il take that as a good thing as i don't mean to and obviously have a hidden talent.

Last edited:
Back