Tom_7

Reaction score
Hi, I am currently Chelsea in my first season and just started the month of December. I have been incredibly unlucky with injures and currently have out:

• Aguero (3 weeks)
  • Mikel (1 month)
  • Mata (1 week)
  • Malouda (1 month)
  • Benayoun (2 months)
  • Lampard (2 weeks)
Now I am really struggling for players at the moment and with the christmas period approaching, was wondering what my best option would be. So any good free players that could do a job? Any players available for loan? or any youngsters that would be able to perform well in the first team?

My latest game was a 2-1 victory over Liverpool at Anfield. My midfield showed the lack of talent I had in the team:

---------------------Ramires (88%)-------------------
---Anelka (90%)------------------------------Zhirkov (90%)
----------------------Lucas (Sao Paulo 16 year old)-----------

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I currently have no transfer budget left and was thinking of maybe waiting till January and then asking the board for more money

Wait it out, Aguero, Mikel, Mata, Malouda, and Lampard will all be back after only a couple matches with those periods of time. No reason spending when they aren't out for all that long.

Yeh i spose, just got some massive games coming up and wasnt planning on starting kakuta and michael woods

There are not free transfers, even at the start of the game, that would be good enough to fill the team. If you can get more money from the board you might as well spend it because that is what Chelsea does anyways.

Enzo Maresca (free)
Look at people on transfer list and make a loan bid for the best ones

Put Essien in then play your strongest players available until they're back, it's not going to be a long wait, like said above only a couple of games. But, for youngsters you could put in McEachran, Kakuta etc. and you weren't planning playing Woods or Kakuta yet you had a 16 year old play?

Put Essien in then play your strongest players available until they're back, it's not going to be a long wait, like said above only a couple of games. But, for youngsters you could put in McEachran, Kakuta etc. and you weren't planning playing Woods or Kakuta yet you had a 16 year old play?

Okay cheers, and Yeh only because I didnt have anybody else available, so it was either him or Woods and he is miles better.

You didnt mention Essien or Kalou. I ended up using Kalou and Sturridge as wings my first season when I got in a pinch, but I was always looking 2 or 3 games in advance to find a game to use them there. My biggest problem was a backup for Lampard the first half of the first season. I struggled keeping him fit and because of injuries I was using Ramires as a DM and the youngsters just are not up to snuff. Somewhere,right around the winter transfer period the board decided to hand me an extra 20 mil or so to play with so I dropped 14 mil on Henrique from Santos. Money well spent, got Lampards future replacement and you will find out that Essian and Mikel and a couple of others disappear for months at a time every time the African Nations have a tournament so having Ramires available as a DM has been great.

I have been pretty frugal with my transfer money, usually spending less than half my allotment each season but I am currently in 2013/2014 season and literally have 2 players, sometimes 3, at each position that I wouldnt hesitate to start any of them in the champions cup final.

Current team is

GK Cech Delac Walker
DL Trasch Cole Regan (20 yo regen)
DCL Diez (18yo regen) Alex Mancienne
DCR Terry Konseglu(19yo regen) Bruma (he's leaving though)
DR Ivanovich Aurier Romario
DM Essian, Mikel, and Ramires rotate every 3rd game
MC Henrique Lampard Matic (not happy with him as 3rd choice)
AML Zhirkov Afeely Malouda
AMR Carcela Farfain
ST Lukaku Drogba Wickham
ST Neymar Kalou Sanago

None of those regens were home grown. I have spent around 4-5 mil each on all of them except for Diez. He is a beast. I bought him as a 16yo for 11 mil and he started his first game for me the next day with a 7.5 rating.

Most of the old guys are on 1 year contracts and have taken significant pay cuts and I use them to tutor the young guys and they get 15 or so games a season and seem content. Terry is now a player/coach and manages my U18 team.

This has been my favorite save so far. You get a pretty talented, albeit aging team and just enough transfer money to be a player to start the rebuilding process without getting into the ridiculous Man City zone (Man City has gone through over 300mil and 3 managers so far in this save).