Chelsea lacking belief - Lampard

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Frank Lampard likens Chelsea's current form to that experienced ahead of former boss Luiz Felipe Scolari's dismissal in 2009.

More...

They'll pick up, they are a good enough team to do so.

I expect they'll finish second. They are hardly going to have a completely disastrous season with the likes of Terry, Lampard, Anelka and Drogba.

I am confident our season will turn around eventually, we have a great squad and we are still in the running for the Premiere League, we just have to get our confidence bac and use that massive win from Ipswich to propel us

I expect this was taken out of context abit, Ancelotti has laughed this off.

They'll pick up, they are a good enough team to do so.

I expect they'll finish second. .

:S Really ?

I think 2nd will go to either Man Utd Arsenal or Man city one of those three will win the league

I think 2nd will go to either Man Utd Arsenal or Man city one of those three will win the league

Love this disregarding of Spurs :wub:

The seasons only just gon half way. Chelsea still have to play Spurs, City and Utd all at home yet. Back in 2009 Chelsea lost only 1 game in the 2nd half of the season and didn't win the league.

The seasons only just gon half way. Chelsea still have to play Spurs, City and Utd all at home yet. Back in 2009 Chelsea lost only 1 game in the 2nd half of the season and didn't win the league.
only becuase united's run was even more ridiculous than chelsea's. The blues arent out of this just yet, but they are running out of time

only becuase united's run was even more ridiculous than chelsea's. The blues arent out of this just yet, but they are running out of time

Yer and i think most Chelsea fans have even wrote us off now. But with this season being the way it has somehow we are just still in the race.

Yer and i think most Chelsea fans have even wrote us off now. But with this season being the way it has somehow we are just still in the race.
you need a big 4 weeks otherwise even winning those 3 key games wont be enough

You really think you can finish top 2? lol

We are 3 or 4 points behind you, 3 points behind City IF we win our game in hand, so yes we are very much in with a good chance.

Still have to play you at home as well.

you need a big 4 weeks otherwise even winning those 3 key games wont be enough

Oh yer i know, looking at the fixtures we have already played alot of our so called tougher games. Thats one of the reasons why i still believe we have a glimmer of a chance. The best thing for us is that Lampard isen't even fully fit yet and we could have a fully fit Lampard for the rest of the season which would be massive.

Thats a little dis-respectfull, its like him saying do you really think you can win a trophy lol??

mhmm or not self-destruct in the last 10 games of the season, seriously though, Arsenal have a good chance of winning the League Cup but I think they screwed it u with Ipswich, either way I am not writing Chelsea off, plenty of the season yet to come guys and I think we are getting into the groove after we destroyed Ipswich

Am I the only one that thought it was troubling that Lampard was comparing these days to the end of Scolari's? Sounds like Carlo is losing control of the locker room...

Am I the only one that thought it was troubling that Lampard was comparing these days to the end of Scolari's? Sounds like Carlo is losing control of the locker room...

It was taken out of context, Ancelotti laughed the story off today.

It was taken out of context, Ancelotti laughed the story off today.

Yeah I heard that he laughed it off but I don't think that changes anything...Lampard has been around forever, he knows what he's doing...why would he make a comparison like that? With Carlo under pressure he should never even mention Scolari's name, since doing so is going to get the media going like crazy. Unless he wants Carlo sacked.

the 2 chelsea vs man united matches will go a long way to either having one hand on the cup for man united or chelsea making it a close final stretch