Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Walter Montillo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thebluestuart

Reaction score
Introduction
Chelsea football club was founded on the 10th March 1905. It has produced legendary players and coaching staff such as Frank Lampard, Peter Bonneti and Jose Mourinho. In his history, Chelsea has had a cup record to be proud off, with a record off:

• [*=left] 4 Premier League titles
    [*=left]7 FA Cups
    [*=left]1 Champions league
    [*=left]4 Community Shields
    [*=left]4 League cups
View attachment 253178
The Challenge.
As a very proud Chelsea fan, i want to bring the old days of Jose Mourinho back to chelsea. The days where chelsea seemed unbeatable and was scaring every team in Europe. So thus my challenge is simple, make Chelsea the best team in England ... Europe ... The World!

The Start Of Something
I was sat indoors watching last nights match of the day that i had recorded with a cup of coffee and a bourbon when the phone rang. I have had some past coaching experience, but only small time, such as my sons under 15s team (which i did get to the top of the league i might add) but my biggest coaching role came as a assistant at my local club Gillingham FC. I had heard about all of the fuss over Chelsea's next manager as Roberto Di Matteo had rejected Abramovic's 2 year deal, and there was a vacancy.

Sure enough, 2 weeks after handing in a CV, i was phoned by the club and asked to attend a interview on the 3rd of July. With pre-season coming close, i got the feeling they was very desperate, and after a 2 hour interview with Abramovic i had felt confident.

2 days had past and that confidence had gone, not a single phone call from Chelsea and there was lots of rumors on the BBC Sport gossip column linking managers as good as the newly sacked Harry Redknapp, but, as i said at the start the phone did ring, and i was offered a job as a manager as Chelsea on a one year deal. This was the start of something.

First Day Nerves
I met with Abramovic on the 6th of July to discuss the season expectations, transfer budgets and to meet the coaching staff. After expressing my desire to drive the club to success in all competitions, including holding onto the Champions League, he gave me a starting budget of £6.55 million and a wage budget of £2.2 million. Time too meet the media
View attachment 253198
Reporter: Welcome Steven. How does it feel to be the new manager of Chelsea?
Steven:
Well its a dream come true! only a year ago i was the manager of my sons Sunday League, now i'm managing the best team in Europe!
Reporter: you say the best team in Europe? Do you feel you can retain this profile for the club?
Steven: Well i wouldn't have took the job if i didn't think i could keep the title this club holds
Reporter 2: Is there any players you are thinking of removing from the club?
Steven: Well, since i have such a small transfer budget, some players will need to be sold to increase funds for transfers
Reporter: So are there any players you have in mind for the club? or any positions you feel you need to strengthen?
Steven: I would rather not give any transfer information at this time.
Reporter 2: Well, that's all for now, congratulations for the job, and good luck in the upcoming season
Steven: Thank you!

Lets Talk Transfers
After a busy August of transfers, here's how we stood on September 1st.
Players In:

• [*=left]Mbaye Niang - £11 Million
    [*=left]Marek Hamsik - £30 Million
    [*=left]Neymar - £60 Million
    [*=left]Daniele Di Rossi - £36 Million
    [*=left]Walter Montillo - £15 Million

• [*=left]Didier Drogba - £10 Million
    [*=left]John Obi Mikel - £13 Million
    [*=left]Ramiers - £16 Million
    [*=left]Jamal Blackman - Loan
    [*=left]Mbaya Niang - Loan

Pre-Season: Fitness and Tactics
Pre-Season was a chance to get to know the squad and for them to know me. I used the games to test out a vary of tactics, and most importantly, to get all my players match fit.

Pre-Season Results

• [*=left]Chelsea vs Chelsea Reserves 4-0 (W)
    [*=left]Brentford vs Chelsea 1-4 (W)
    [*=left]Vitesse vs Chelsea 1-3 (W)
    [*=left]Chelsea vs Werder Bremen 1-0 (W)
    [*=left]Chelsea vs Fiorentina 7-1 (W)
​With a 100% record i was feeling confident, and decided to tackle the season with these two tactics:
View attachment 253274View attachment 253275

And after lots of analyzing and transfers, i had my first team squad:
View attachment 253279

So, with the introduction to my story done, we best get started in the season. Be sure to follow this story as i plan to do a never done before (i think) layout for monthly updates throughout the season, and updates will be done ASAP (with all my exams finally out of the way) (Y) I hope you enjoy reading my story and the next update will be tomorrow.

Last edited:
Looking good so far mate :) A quick question, how did you set up a poll? I've tried to set one up on my story but I couldn't figure it out lol

Cheers mate :) and its at the top, on thread tools, right at the bottom it says "set up poll" or something like that :)

August Update (teaser)

View attachment 253288
Gary Lineker: Hello, and welcome to a very special edition of Match of the day, as we bring you the August update for Chelsea FC. After finishing 6th in there last season; the lowest since Abramovic took over, new manager Steven Stuart would of wanted to get off to a good start to Norwich.

Chelsea 1 vs 0 Norwich (W)
View attachment 253291
Gary Lineker: An unconvincing 1-0 win to Norwich i would say, but at least it is 3 points to start the season wouldn't you say Mark?

Mark Lawrenson: Well, as you say it is points on the board, and that's what the new manager would of wanted, and also a goal from Torres? He actually showed glimpses of his old self in that game, and i hope he can push on from it and get a good season, but Chelsea deserved to win, Norwich didn't even turn up today in my opinion.

Alan Shearer: Yeah i agree, I mean listen, Chelsea only scored one goal because they did not take there chances! they had 13 shots but only hit the target 3 times? But, it is only the first game, and i recon that this was just rust being shaken off, and that the 3 points today will just set the players at ease.

Gary Lineker: Thanks guys, make sure to tune in tomorrow to Match of the Day to find out how Chelsea got on with the other 2 games in August, and a whole September review. Goodnight.

please comment to give feedback on the "MOTD" themed layout, such as comments to improve it, many thanks :) next update will be tomorrow as im going to bed now :)

Cheers mate :) And I like the MOTD layout, it's something new and looks promising but the only thing is that it might make for really long posts if you're doing it for every match

Thanks, and na i was going to do the updates at the end of the month, like a lookback :)

August Update
View attachment 253327

QPR 0 - 0 Chelsea (D)

View attachment 253328

Chelsea 4-0 Blackburn (W)
View attachment 253329

View attachment 253331

Gary Lineker: So a successful month for new manager Steven Stuart would you say Mark?

Mark Lawrenson: Well, the game against QPR was unlucky i think, and they deserved to win, but like the Norwich game, they just did not manage to take there chances, but then against Blackburn, it was a different side, and they took there chances, and we saw how comfortable they won.

Alan Shearer: I think the red card helped as well, but i think they will push on from this, and it will give them the confidence to go on into the next games and i think the way this Chelsea side play, on a good day they could score a lot of goals.

Gary Lineker: Yes, well lets look at how the Barclay's Premier League table stands at the end of August.
Gary Lineker: As you can see, Chelsea stand in second place behind West Brom, who have surprisingly had a great start to the season. At the bottom end of the table, Sunderland, Wolves and Stoke sit in the Bottom 3 after failing to gain any points from August, however Stoke have a game to play.
Top Goalscorer: Torres (2) Montillo (2)
Player of the Month: Fernando Torres

Any comments on how you feel the MOTD layout could be improved would be helpful, be as critical as you can :) September Report will be up soon

September Report.
View attachment 253373
Gary Lineker: Hello, and welcome to September season report on Chelsea FC, where me, Mark Lawrenson and Alan Shearer will be analyzing all of the September Premier League games.

Manchester City 1 - 0 Chelsea (L)
View attachment 253376

Chelsea 2 - 0 Liverpool (W)
View attachment 253377

Stoke 1 - 1 Chelsea (D)
View attachment 253378

Gary Lineker: So, Mark, what do you make of the Premier League games this month

Mark Lawrenson: Well, it was a great result against Liverpool, and i think they was very unlucky against Manchester City, with the red card and all that, and trust there old player Ramires to crop up and get the winning goal.

Alan Shearer: Yeah, and against Stoke they done the same thing as they have done all season and that is not take the chances. I think the strikers have been poor, and Neymar and Torres ... £110 million pound worth of strikers and they can't score a single goal. The manager needs to try and get them scoring and he should find it easy to coast past the other teams.

Gary Lineker: Well, lets take a look at the Barclays Premier League after September:
View attachment 253381
Top Goalscorer: Fernando Torres (3)
Player Of The Month:​ Petr Cech

Champions League Updates
<font size="4"><u><span style="color:#0000ff;"><strong>[video=youtube;2684dRMpLBw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2684dRMpLBw[/video]

Here is Chelsea's group for The UEFA Champions League this season. The updates to this group will just be added to this post as the games are played.
Chelsea 2 - 1 Lyon
View attachment 253387

Trabzonspor 0 - 1 Chelsea
View attachment 253388

Last edited:
1) how did you get so much cash?
2) De Rossi for £38m lol :)
3) layout is a bit cramped, try and space it out more :)
4) results are not as good as they should be :(
5) change the headings to a different colour/font to stand out more (make them bigger)
6) get more involved in the personal side of the manager, things like marriage/death/divorce/affairs etc etc..

good luck

aha, well i sold players and used the 48 month trick, as i know chelsea have the money to buy these players in real life lol, and i know, that was the lowest they would do :( he is worth it though, he been a good defensive player for me. The results have been disapointing but that because i cant find a way to get all my players to finish the chances, as we create so many, but finish hardly any. Thanks for the advice on the layout, i will be sure to try and improve the next update using your advice :)