• Thread starter Thread starter Average Joe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Average Joe

Reaction score
Reigning Premier League champions Chelsea have confirmed the transfer of promising defender Tomas Kalas from Czech Republic side Sigma Olomouc. The 17-year-old will stay in his homeland on loan next season before moving to Stamford Bridge.

Details about the transfer fee paid and the length of the young defender's contract with Chelsea have not been disclosed. However, according to a report on BBC Sport, Chelsea will pay Sigma Olomouc a fee in the region of €5.5 million for Kalas.

Kalas is considered to be one of the best players around in his age category and clubs such as Bayer Leverkusen, Arsenal and Milan were reportedly also keeping tabs on the centre-back.

Neil Bath, Chelsea academy
mmanager, was very satisfied with the capture of Kalas.

"We feel there is a lot of potential in the player, and we feel at the minute it is the right time to get him," said Bath on the official club website. "But it would be good for him to stay there and get first
tteam experience, and we look forward to him joining us next year. Obviously we will stay in touch and he will come across here when appropriate. He is a right-sided centre-half who can play right-back."

Never heard of him, anybody else? Or used him on FM?

never heard of him but lets hope he is a star of the future :)

Surprised Arsenal didn't get him to be honest.

Heard him mentioned, here and there. Supposedly he's set to be a great player.

Hmmm don't know what the point is in Chelsea signing youngsters, none of them ever get a game, if Mancienne can't get a game then I doubt this guy will make it at Chelsea.

5.5 mil euros for a 17 year old defender is a fair bit, must be pretty good for that money!

Hmmm don't know what the point is in Chelsea signing youngsters, none of them ever get a game, if Mancienne can't get a game then I doubt this guy will make it at Chelsea.
thats cos he was on loan to ensure he played and developed

If Kalas is happy to go out on loan every season for the next 6 years then maybe he will make it at Chelsea lol
how do you know that this is even the case? let just take it for what it is, a good youth signing, particularly sine chelsea current centre backs arent exactly spring chickens

how do you know that this is even the case? let just take it for what it is, a good youth signing, particularly sine chelsea current centre backs arent exactly spring chickens

When the time comes that Terry is over the hill and a replacement is needed how likely is it that a youngster like Kalas will be thrown in at the deep end, they will sign some big money foreigner and Kalas will go the same way as those two slovakian kids that recently left Chelsea.

When the time comes that Terry is over the hill and a replacement is needed how likely is it that a youngster like Kalas will be thrown in at the deep end, they will sign some big money foreigner and Kalas will go the same way as those two slovakian kids that recently left Chelsea.
er, thats why he has been bought now, as opposed to when terry is finished? personally i think if ancellotti stick to what he says, and theres no reason why he shouldnt, we'll see a fair amount of him over the next few years

er, thats why he has been bought now, as opposed to when terry is finished? personally i think if ancellotti stick to what he says, and theres no reason why he shouldnt, we'll see a fair amount of him over the next few years

Hmmm Ancelotti is not going to play Kalas at centre back ahead of Alex Terry Carvalho Mancienne or even Ivanovic so its highly questionable that we will see alot of him. Its a nice pay day for Kalas but I don't think it will amount to any more then that.

Jonny Evans was loaned out for a while then brought in to back up Vidic/Ferdinand in this way I believe, even making his league debut against Chelsea, thats pretty far into the deep end if you ask me!

Hmmm Ancelotti is not going to play Kalas at centre back ahead of Alex Terry Carvalho Mancienne or even Ivanovic so its highly questionable that we will see alot of him. Its a nice pay day for Kalas but I don't think it will amount to any more then that.
is that why we've seen the likes of hutchinson play, albeit just a few glimpses. think they weill be blooded in the league cup, though as united fan im far more interested in hutchinson. again ancellotti has stated he will try brng youth through, and wve've got no reason to doubt that

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Jonny Evans was loaned out for a while then brought in to back up Vidic/Ferdinand in this way I believe, even making his league debut against Chelsea, thats pretty far into the deep end if you ask me!
that season ferguson expected him to play 10-15 games. he ended up playing more than 30 games

Yeah but Manchester United have always done, Abramovich does not give a toss about giving youngsters a chance or promoting from within, he just wants to see lots of trophies and fantasy football lol.

Yeah but Manchester United have always done, Abramovich does not give a toss about giving youngsters a chance or promoting from within, he just wants to see lots of trophies and fantasy football lol.
but ancellotti does care about youth. and if that's so true, why isnt roman free spending then? either way he's highly rated, and is coming in at a time when chelsea need, and are actively looking to promote youth, chances are he's gonna see some games. remeber by the time he arrives, terry will be nearly 31, carvalho nearly 33 and alex nearly 30

Well seeing how he isn't pumping as much cash into the club as he did at the beggining I would expect Abramovich to realise Chelsea will have to intergrate youth into the side.

If he was giving 80 mil transfer bugets ever window then no, youth wouldnt be needed. But as the funds are not there and chelsea have a fairly aging squad, then younger players will have to be used.

(and there are the ones that got away from Ferguson, Pique and Rossi being pretty big examples)

Last edited:
Lets hope this youth signing is better than there other ones, and lets hope we see some good youth rising through chelsea?

Thank goodness, I feel better now Chelsea have bought a player. Also, Matej Delac is coming back this season, apparently, he is the Slovenian Victor Valdes :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back