Chelsea sign Ramires

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 3K
Good signing, but 18 million for an 18 year old is quite excessive. Or perhaps they're trying to match Man City's excessive spending?

Ramires is not 18 y.o :S Plus, he is an already proven player, either in the Brazillian champ, and in the Portuguese one. Also, he proved himself at the WC. 18kk for Rami is not excessive, I'd risk saying its a good deal.

Good signing, but 18 million for an 18 year old is quite excessive. Or perhaps they're trying to match Man City's excessive spending?

If you think about it ,Ramires has some great potenial and could become another Essien so if developed right I can see that 18million fee look like a rip-off for a player of his quality

A good box-to-box midfielder with bags of energy and good all-round stats.

Bit too much in the price tag but nevertheless this is a penny in the ocean for Chelsea by their standards.

Ramires is 23 mate.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

well there are even people saying maybe he is lamps long term replacement and when lamps does retire we would still have a midfield 3 of mikel holding and essien and ramires centre mid. i think this signing is right on so many levels for chelsea and 18million for arguably brazils best player at the world cup and proven in europe with a successfull year at benfica is pretty standard.

Big fee means he'll really have to play well. I'm reserving judgement.

A good box-to-box midfielder with bags of energy and good all-round stats.

Bit too much in the price tag but nevertheless this is a penny in the ocean for Chelsea by their standards.

if he turns out half as good as essien or lamps then 18million is a snip.

Enormus energy levels from what is being written in the press

Enormus energy levels from what is being written in the press

yer when he was at cruzeiro he was nicknamed the blue kenyan, blue because of the clubs colour and kenyan because of his physical side to the game.

Superb signing, very athletic, and capable going forward too.

Read about him in few forums, most Benefica fans said "The best attribute he has got is Never say die attitude". He will try no matter what. It will be interesting to see which position he plays. If he doesnt play as DM then Essien will be moved to that position which will limit the threat.

Read about him in few forums, most Benefica fans said "The best attribute he has got is Never say die attitude". He will try no matter what. It will be interesting to see which position he plays. If he doesnt play as DM then Essien will be moved to that position which will limit the threat.

Most likely as a central midfielder. I can't see Mikel losing his place in the first team. Ramires will come in when either Lamps, Essien, or Mikel are injured. Lamps is apparently being rested this weekend so Ramires may get his chance.

Most likely as a central midfielder. I can't see Mikel losing his place in the first team. Ramires will come in when either Lamps, Essien, or Mikel are injured. Lamps is apparently being rested this weekend so Ramires may get his chance.

So what will be the first choice mid field?

So what will be the first choice mid field?

Mikel
Lampard - Essien​

From watching the match against West Brom Mikel looks to have been given more freedom to move further up the pitch instead of just protecting the back four.

lamps took part in full training today so i cant see him missing out on saturday. this deal should bring out the best in mikel, last season he had knowone really pushing him for his spot in the team but now with ramires he will have to up a gear. i think carlo will line up with essien holding with lamps and ramires in centre midfield just because ramires is known for moving into channels at times aswell.

About my comment earlier - I read it as an 18 year old instead of 18 million, went back and saw "18 million", and then mixed up the two in my head.

My bad.

The 2 worst thing about this signing:

1. Benfica lost him :'(
2. Chelsea got him :'(:'(

About my comment earlier - I read it as an 18 year old instead of 18 million, went back and saw "18 million", and then mixed up the two in my head.

My bad.

all good mate, everyone does it me more than many lol.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

The 2 worst thing about this signing:

1. Benfica lost him :'(
2. Chelsea got him :'(:'(

that fills me with even more confidence, thanks for the post.

Back