zebbhadra

Reaction score

i am currently using this tactic. as you can see not losing any matches, but the possession us avg and also not scoring gols, costa only scored 1 in 7 games. any way to improve it?

Last edited:
IMo, you should not use short passing and retain possession, without playing a F9.

Using a complete forwrd, you need to speed up the tempo and let players use more long balls, but working into the box to not have too much long shoots

IMo, you should not use short passing and retain possession, without playing a F9.

Using a complete forwrd, you need to speed up the tempo and let players use more long balls, but working into the box to not have too much long shoots

thanks for the suggestions.. let me try them..... one more thing, i am using close down more and short passes for the individual players instructions, should i add or remove something?

Last edited:
thanks for the suggestions.. let me try them.....

Ofc im not certain of it, but when i played with United with Falcao i was playing with him as a complete forwrd, but now that i don't have him, i play with Munir, which is better as a false9.

So, the wingers where changed from AP to IF, and the game changed from crosses to t-passes, get ball into box, pass into space, get it? Its all about using the player at the best role, not trying to fit a player to the role you want.

i do, thank you.. but i wanted to play an attacking possession based game. and it seems the F9 tip is helping.

i do, thank you.. but i wanted to play an attacking possession based game. and it seems the F9 tip is helping.

Ok, if so, don't ask him to score. F9 help creating sapce to the wings because he drops down, get the ball, turns and pass the ball for a winger run.

If the winger can't shoot or gets delayed, the F9 will run and tries to get into the box for a pass to shoot or pass again. Can Diego Costa do this?

he can hold the ball and pass it.... and he has all the necessary attributes to be a good F9