Chelsea title hopes alive - Cech

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Chelsea keeper Petr Cech says the club have not given up on hope of winning the Premier League title.

More...

Lol, absolutely Petr.

Doubt they'll be champions this season - it's only really between United and Arsenal, and very little possibility Man City.

Sure, on paper.

Still can't see them overtaking Arsenal and United.

I think he should be more focused on beating City and Tottenham to 3rd, for automatic CL qualification.

Chelsea's going to take third place away from Tottenham & City.

they have 2 matches less than City, if they win both, they'll be 1 point in front of City.

Now about first place?
United probably.

I really hope Arsenal deliver the goods and beat United to the finish! But I can't see Chelsea even getting close to overtaking them.

Chelsea's going to take third place away from Tottenham & City.

they have 2 matches less than City, if they win both, they'll be 1 point in front of City.

Correct.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Correct.

Thanks for clearing that up.
they'll win the match against blackpool definetely.

It's only Blackpool, I can't see them winning that match, no way.

I'm shocked with Tottenham's 3:3 tho'.

Chelsea title hopes - very very very very very small, but still here.

Chelsea got: City, Spurs, United still to play.

Whilst Spurs and City only play each other and chelsea. If you look at the fixture list. Chelsea have some hard away fixtures.

It's still very open. Just because chelsea bought torres and luiz and won with the refs help a bit..doesn't mean they are going to win all their games.

They will slip. I believe those who dont have games in hand, have the advantage in the long run.

But you can't really predict from the fixtures. And anything can happen. It's about who is the most consistent.

Blackpool are hard away.

Last edited:

That sort of mentality is ignorant. Although the didn't win, they did give Man Utd a run for their money. I'm sure that if managers and players alike had that sort of mentality at the start of the season, it would have left them on the first day of the season.

poor lad is still concussed from the knee to the head

@CtPauley
Blackpool can surprise, but seriously, in this match, chelsea should be considered the favorites.

Last edited by a moderator:
@CtPauley
Blackpool can surprise, but seriously, in this match, chelsea should be considered the favorites.

Yes they should be considered favourites, but you can''t go round saying it's only Blackpool. Just look at their result against Tottenham a few weeks ago.

Well you have to say something I guess.

Not really likely though. Would love for Blackpool to put their hopes to bed.

Yes they should be considered favourites, but you can''t go round saying it's only Blackpool. Just look at their result against Tottenham a few weeks ago.

And look at chelsea's result a few weeks ago, barely beating some teams... And then they lost to Liverpool, and now they're back (beating United), and in form for this match.

Yeah, you're right, i can't say it's only blackpool, and since it's the premiership, every trip away from home is hard. So yeah, blackpool could win now at home against chelsea, but you have to admit that those chances are very slim.

If Chelsea start up front with Anelka, Drogba & Torres, that's practically all out attack against blackpool...

And look at chelsea's result a few weeks ago, barely beating some teams... And then they lost to Liverpool, and now they're back (beating United), and in form for this match.

Yeah, you're right, i can't say it's only blackpool, and since it's the premiership, every trip away from home is hard. So yeah, blackpool could win now at home against chelsea, but you have to admit that those chances are very slim.

If Chelsea start up front with Anelka, Drogba & Torres, that's practically all out attack against blackpool...

It is not as slim as you make out to be. They have beaten Liverpool there, should have beaten United, ManCity only for other team's luck.
Charlie Adam is a big miss for Blackpool.

It is not as slim as you make out to be. They have beaten Liverpool there, should have beaten United, ManCity only for other team's luck.
Charlie Adam is a big miss for Blackpool.
Okay agreed.

By the way guys, we got a topic just for the Chelsea - Blackpool match, don't we?

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f18/blackpool-vs-chelsea-7-3-11-t67212.html

:D

Anyways, Chelsea still have a saying in "who's going to get the title". They're chances of winning the Premiership this season is slimmer than the chance of Blackpool winning 5:0 against Chelsea (Okay, now seriously you should agree that the chance of a five-nil result for blackpool against chelsea is very very very very unlikely). Slimmer than the chance of Dinamo Zagreb winning the Europa League in this season (Dinamo Zagreb fell out in the group stage).

Back