Chelsea to sign Brazilian Ramires

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 3K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Chelsea aim to close a £17m deal to sign Brazilian international Ramires from Benfica.

More...

Very good acquisition, great pace, stamina and very hard worker, needs to fill the gap left by Ballack in there midfield. People will say that Brazilian's find it hard to adapt to the Premier league but Ramires isn't your standard creative Brazilian, he's a work horse and i think he will adapt very easily.

Transfer rumor thread :P would be a good signing from what i have seen of him.

Hard-working Box-to-Box Midfielder,similar to Khedeira

I guess Chelsea will line-up like this:

------------------------------------------------Drogba

----------------------------Malouda--------Lampard------Benayoun

-----------------------------------------Ramires----Essien

-----------------------------A.Cole----Terry---Carvalho----Bosingwa

-------------------------------------------------Cech

I guess Chelsea will line-up like this:

------------------------------------------------Drogba

----------------------------Malouda--------Lampard------Benayoun

-----------------------------------------Ramires----Essien

-----------------------------A.Cole----Terry---Carvalho----Bosingwa

-------------------------------------------------Cech
i think anelka will start above benayoun

Good player, not to sure on the price, but when you have cash to spend. You care about quality rather then the price tag. Will stregthen there side though.

a great buy for Chelsea, wish Man Utd could have got him, very good young player, great capture and not that bad a price regarding the Inflation agents aka Man City, would fit in very well with that Midfield of Lampard and Essien

Wikipedia said:
Ramires is Set to have a medical on Tuesday 3rd of August at Chelsea Football Club.

According to Ramires' page on Wikipedia; 4th line down, Ramires is having a medical today!

Very good acquisition, great pace, stamina and very hard worker, needs to fill the gap left by Ballack in there midfield. People will say that Brazilian's find it hard to adapt to the Premier league but Ramires isn't your standard creative Brazilian, he's a work horse and i think he will adapt very easily.

exacly what i was saying to someone on here the other day mate, he is not your average brazilian. really hope this deal goes through before sunday so he can help us to our first trophy of the season.

Brilliant buy by Chelsea, and that makes they're starting line up/squad look a bit younger finally. ;)

Not seen much of the lad, but heard great things. 17m is a lot of money, but I doubt Abramovich would notice.

I am a Benfica supporter and I am sad that Ramires has to leave, he is an excellent player, humble, hard working, with great pace and stamina, NEVER gives up, sometimes scores goals, around 4,5,6 season, I honestly think he is worth more, but we only have half of his contract, the other belongs to an Iranian agent that really wants to transfer him to EPL, but I also heard that if he goes we might buy Hernanes... Now THAT would be good.

Can't see them conceding them much now with Ramires and Essien, will give Lampard much more room and not care about defending.

Pointless thread untill they actually sign him. Enough chat about it on the Transfer roumour thread.

Chelsea agree fee with Benfica for Ramires

On SkySports News now. No Link yet will add soon.

Back