Chelsea v Birmingham (1945 GMT)

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Preview followed by live coverage of Wednesday's game between Chelsea and Birmingham in the Premier League.

More...

Could be really interesting to see if Birmingham can keep up their unbeaten run here, or crash and burn.

0-5 :)
Chucho, Chucho, Chucho, Chucho, Jerome :)

Birmingham doing well makes me sick inside, hopefully Chelsea will sort 'em out tonight.

Can't see anything but a Chelsea win here tonight, they are just to strong even without Drogba and Essien, i think if Birmingham got a draw out of this game it would be a super result for them and will prove they are no push over ( Not like they need to )

The only way i can see Birmingham get anything from the game is if they score an early goal, then park the bus. And with Roger Johnson & Danns on form, it might be a struggle to get past them without Drogba.

I think it will be close, either 1 or 2 - 0.

Gonna' wrap up warm tonite or i'll freeze my nuts off!

Chelsea 4-1 Birmingham:Anelka x2,Joe Cole,Michael Ballack;James Mcfadden

Brum will be tough to beat but i feel at the bridge we will win 3-1. Feel we are better suited without drogba for this game and feel anelka will be star of the show once again.

Brum will be tough to beat but i feel at the bridge we will win 3-1. Feel we are better suited without drogba for this game and feel anelka will be star of the show once again.
Have to disagree that you're 'better suited without Drogba'. You need physical forwards against Brum, look at their backline, no nonsense defenders back there. Anelka will struggle to get past their rocks at the back, Johnson and Dann, but they will probably just about win 1-0 or 2-0.

Have to disagree that you're 'better suited without Drogba'. You need physical forwards against Brum, look at their backline, no nonsense defenders back there. Anelka will struggle to get past their rocks at the back, Johnson and Dann, but they will probably just about win 1-0 or 2-0.

yer but if you watched the game against brum a few weeks ago when drogba played we used his physical presence and it didnt work they coped with it well and we missed the differnt threat of anelka.

I am lost for words Jack.

Brum chucked bricks at us on our way out of the City a few years back, historically, Chelsea aren't our real rivals, QPR and Brentford are. Back in the 50's and 60's, people would go and watch Fulham one weekend and then Chelsea the other. I just hate Brum I suppose.

Brum chucked bricks at us on our way out of the City a few years back, historically, Chelsea aren't our real rivals, QPR and Brentford are. Back in the 50's and 60's, people would go and watch Fulham one weekend and then Chelsea the other. I just hate Brum I suppose.

My Uncle, who's a chelsea fan, says that when he was younger, he used to go to watch both chelsea and fulham, there fans were quite friendly

My Uncle, who's a chelsea fan, says that when he was younger, he used to go to watch both chelsea and fulham, there fans were quite friendly

A lot of our fans blow it out of proportion but then again, our fan base didn't really kick off until we were winning every other game in Division 1 and spending big and had one of France's greatest players in Jean Tigana as Manager so not many of our fans know the complete history.

lol Jack I know quite a bit about Fulham too mate :P

but I have to disagree I go to the cottage loads and I've met plenty of chelsea haters. and do you remember the pitch invasion a few years back when we beat them, coming home after that was intense.

yeah "historically" we arent due to the leagues apart in the past and so on but it does not take away from the fact they are our biggest west london rivals these days. Always will and always have hated chelski long before roman.

lol Jack I know quite a bit about Fulham too mate :P

but I have to disagree I go to the cottage loads and I've met plenty of chelsea haters. and do you remember the pitch invasion a few years back when we beat them, coming home after that was intense.

yeah "historically" we arent due to the leagues apart in the past and so on but it does not take away from the fact they are our biggest west london rivals these days. Always will and always have hated chelski long before roman.

Fair enough, my brother was part of that pitch invasion, I do see them of rivals but to be honest, I'd rather see them win the League than someone like United, I do hate them with there plastic fans but the only reason I want Chelsea to win because Brum are getting to far ahead of them, someone needs to put Brum in there place if I am honest because otherwise, we will be chasing that pack of teams.

Fair enough, my brother was part of that pitch invasion, I do see them of rivals but to be honest, I'd rather see them win the League than someone like United, I do hate them with there plastic fans but the only reason I want Chelsea to win because Brum are getting to far ahead of them, someone needs to put Brum in there place if I am honest because otherwise, we will be chasing that pack of teams.

ahh okay. by the way i didnt mean the stuff you said was wrong I just see them as more of a rival I guess. I think we differ here as I'd rather see any of the top 4 win it rather than them (no offence to chelsea fans). I agree about the brummies though.

Back