Votes: 14 28.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Kickoff: Sunday 19th September 16:00
Venue: Stamford Bridge

Chelsea News:
As i expected prolific midfielder Frank Lampard misses out again as he recovers from a hernia operation, either Ramires or Benayoun will take his place. Chelsea are expected to recall Didier Drogba who was banned in midweek and Ashley Cole who was given a well deserved rest.

Chelsea's last 6 competitive results:
Community Shield (n)Man Utd 1-3
Premiership (h)West Brom 6-0
Premiership (a)Wigan 6-0
Premiership (h)Stoke 2-0
Premiership (a)West Ham 3-1
Champions League (a)MSK Zilina 4-1

Blackpool News:
Holloway is unlikely to make too many alterations to the side which fared so admirably on Tyneside last time out, with Blackpool keen to establish continuity. Alex Baptiste is available again, though, after shaking off a fractured hand and back-up keeper Paul Rachubka is over a knee injury. Gary Taylor-Fletcher could also return after missing the trip to Newcastle with a calf problem.

Blackpool's last 5 competetive results:
Premiership (a)Wigan 0-4
Premiership (a)Arsenal 0-6
Carling Cup (a) Mk Dons 3-4
Premiership (h) Fulhan 2-2
Premiership (a) Newcastle 2-0

Some stats:
  • Chelsea have scored 47 goals in our last 11Premier League games, with just 4 conceded.
  • Obi Mikel has the highest passing completion with 96% off passes successfull only misplacing 11.
  • Chelsea are the only team of the 92 league clubs to still have a 100% record
  • Nico Anelka and Salomon Kalou are both 4 goals away to scoring 50 goals for Chelsea.
  • The 4-0 opening day away victory was the seesiders biggest away win since 1987
  • No Premier League side has taken more than 6 points after 4 games and gone down
Chelsea Team:
1 Petr Cech
19 Paulo Ferreira
2 Branislav Ivanovic
33 Alex
3 Ashley Cole
5 Michael Essien
12 John Mikel Obi
7 Ramires
21 Salomon Kalou
11 Didier Drogba
15 Florent Malouda
Subs: 22 Ross Turnbull, 18 Yury Zhirkov, 43 Jeffrey Bruma, 10 Yossi Benayoun 44 Gael Kakuta, 23 Daniel Sturridge, 39 Nicolas Anelka.

Blackpool Team:
Gilks; Eardley, Keinan, Evatt, Crainey; Vaughan, Adam (c), Grandin; Bapiste, Campbell, Varney.
Subs: Halstead, Southern, Taylor-Fletcher, Cathcart, Carney, Ormerod, Harewood.

CHELSEA 4-0 BLACKPOOL
Kalou (2)
Malouda (12,41)
Drogba (30)

Last edited:
What a poor match to be shown on TV. Surely going to be a spanking ofr Blackpool. Hope it's not

Chelsea 5-1 Blackpool.

I'm pretty sure you'll have the odd ***** putting Blackpool to win on the poll, but let's be realistic now.

Chelsea 4 - 1 Blackpool.

Blackpool have got some goals in them, and are quick on the counter. But for obvious reasons. Chelsea are going to **** them. Nuff' said.

Chelsea might actually have to play a decent team soon,

Chelsea LOTS Blackpool 0

Chelsea might actually have to play a decent team soon,

Chelsea LOTS Blackpool 0

yer the fixture list has been kind to us but you can only play whats out in front of you. and plus we lost away at Wigan last season and drew to West Ham away.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

What a poor match to be shown on TV. Surely going to be a spanking ofr Blackpool. Hope it's not

its a great game for Sky both in the Champions League places ;)

Credit to Blackpool for not trying to play good attacking football rather than what newly promoted sides do. Chelsea will win easily. Hope not.

Lucky bastards: West Brom, Wigan, Stoke, West Ham, (Zilina), Blackpool.

Couldn't be much easier, but these spankings will give the team so much confidence going into any relatively difficult match they might encounter on the way. Hopefully they'll get complacent eventually :'(

Another easy win for Chelsea, Cant wait to play Chelsea and in the words of Kevin Keegan ' I would love it if we beat them, Love it ! '

Chelsea 3-0 Blackpool.....Blackpool have got some results so far so Chelsea should avoid complacency

Couldn't be much easier, but these spankings will give the team so much confidence going into any relatively difficult match they might encounter on the way. Hopefully they'll get complacent eventually :'(

they havent got a tricky game to about the 10th game in against City. could be 9 wins out off 9 by then, to say they have been lucky is an understatement... i dont believe in fixing and all that bollocks but fixtures like these makes you think

We got Man City away next saturday lunchtime so hopefully we can get 2 more confidence wins going into that game.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

they havent got a tricky game to about the 10th game in against City. could be 9 wins out off 9 by then, to say they have been lucky is an understatement... i dont believe in fixing and all that bollocks but fixtures like these makes you think

like i said we have City away next week. And i also said we lost to wigan last season and drew away at west ham and proberly was lucky to even get a point.

Fixture fixing?! Oh god that's rich coming from a United fan.

Back