• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Venue: Stamford Bridge, Fulham - London
Kickoff: 15:00
Competition: Barclays PremierLeague round 16

Chelsea Team News:
Carlo Ancelotti will hope that after so many unproductive shots on goal in recent games the dam breaks soon. With his equaliser at St James' Park Salomon Kalou became the first Chelsea striker to hit the net in the league since Nicolas Anelka at Blackburn in October.

The suggestions are that while Alex will now be out for several weeks following his knee operation the Blues may welcome the influential Michael Essien back to midfield and skipper John Terry to central defence. Branislav Ivanovic is one yellow card away from a one-match suspension.

Essien's return could prompt a reversion to the Blues' usual 4-3-3 although Ancelotti may feel that, despite results, his side has played well enough with two defensive midfielders and a pair of wingers. The 4-3-3 formation might wait until Frank Lampard is restored to the line-up.

Everton Team News:
Everton's away record averages at exactly a goal a game for and against. Their forwards are also misfiring with none topping one league goal this season. Homegrown Seamus Coleman has enjoyed some decent cameos, Yakubu has struggled, Louis Saha has started most games recently and Jermaine Beckford has still to settle.

Beckford was, unusually, singled out by his manager, despite coping with a rise up two divisions in the summer and having few starts. Saha, meanwhile, has been responsible for four of the Toffees' last six goals against Chelsea.

Everton's top scorer with eight is attacking midfielder Tim Cahill, often the thorn in Chelsea's side and on a three-match scoring streak. The Blues will have to stop the supply to him from left-back Leighton Baines, who has assisted the Aussie in 11 of his last 19 goals.

Jara is indirectly responsible for the absence through suspension of Mikel Arteta, as it was a reaction to the full-back's strong challenge that provoked a silly stamp. The Spanish midfielder, though a loss, has been nothing like his influential self in the last few weeks.
In any case Everton have Marouane Fellaini available again after suspension, along with fit-again captain Phil Neville.

Moyes has attempted to remould his side in the last 18 months into a cautious 4-5-1 that aims to pass and dominate possession. Ironically, at the same time they have become susceptible to the type of muscular, direct attack on which they once thrived.
The concession of eight goals in three games has also resurrected doubts about Tim Howard in goal, while the previously stable Phil Jagielka and Sylvain Distin have looked uncertain in central defence.

Nor has Netherlands centre-back Jonny Heitinga looked comfortable in his new passing role further up the pitch. David Beckham has snubbed the idea of selling replica shirts and playing the odd game in midfield.

Chelsea Stats:
  • Sunderland's victory in the last home game was only our fourth defeat in the league at Stamford Bridge in nearly seven years. It was our heaviest at home since April 2002 when Manchester Utd beat us by the same score.
  • The loss ended a run of 11 successive home league victories which fell just two short of our club record of 13 set in 1910/11 and 2005/06.
  • The Blues have fallen behind five times in our last six league games. We have scored two goals in the last five and won just four points from the last possible 15.
  • Having failed to score only once last season in the Premier League (at Birmingham), we have failed to notch a goal in five of our last 10 games.
  • Chelsea have still conceded the fewest goals, 10 from 15 games, in the Barclays Premier League this term.
Everton Stats:
  • The Toffees have only won maximum points once on their travels this term at Birmingham on 2 October. They have drawn at Fulham, Tottenham, Blackpool and Sunderland and lost at Blackburn and Aston Villa.
  • They are looking for a first win in six since beating Stoke on 30 October although the Toffees have lost only five of their last 26 Premier League matches and not lost away since August.
  • Everton have scored in their last nine league games, the longest run in the Barclays Premier League
  • Everton have not had a penalty awarded for or against them in the Premier League this season.
  • No team has conceded fewer away from home than Everton's seven goals.
  • 30 of Tim Cahill's Premier League goals for Everton have come from headers.
Key Stats:
  • Chelsea have not lost to Everton at Stamford Bridge in 16 years.
  • David Moyes is celebrating his 400th match in charge of the Toffees.
Predictions and banter on here, as im fuzzled about our recent results i wont put what i think my prediction will be but will name 2 stars that have predicted the score for this game.

Nigel Winterburn - Chelsea 2-0 Everton
Graham Poll - Chelsea 4-0 Everton

1-2 everton, chelsea to keep stuttering through their winter of discontent

Chelsea 0-3 Everton

Chelsea 2-1 Everton..

With Terry and Essien back, and Everton not exactly in good form I can't look past a Chelsea win at Stamford Bridge.. Hope I'm proved wrong though.

Chelsea normally have a **** December so i would definatly trade the months this season with the fixtures we have this month.

Chelsea to end their bad run of form:

Chelsea 2-1 Everton

Chelsea 2-1 Everton.

Essien
Prosenik (as a last minute sub :P)

Yakubu

Blessing in disguise that Arteta's out suspended. This is the team I'd pick.

GK:Howard
RB:Neville
CB:Jags
CB:Distin
LB:Baines
RM:Coleman
CM:Fellaini
CM:Rodwell
LM:Pienaar
CF:Cahill
ST:Yak

If Saha plays we're ******. Seriously don't like the man anymore.

1-0 To the blues, Fellaini to score :D, Moyesy to parkthebus, Fellaini to score a late-winner on his return from suspension

Think this will be close. Chelsea will edge it or it will be a draw. Going to be optimistic and say 1-1.

Chelsea will no doubt be stronger with the return off Terry and Essien but hopefully a lack of game time lately will cause them to play below standard, hoping for a draw (and a positive result at Arsenal) so United remain top with a game in hand :)

1-1 Drogba, Cahill (header)

Blessing in disguise that Arteta's out suspended. This is the team I'd pick.

GK:Howard
RB:Neville
CB:Jags
CB:Distin
LB:Baines
RM:Coleman
CM:Fellaini
CM:Rodwell
LM:Pienaar
CF:Cahill
ST:Yak

If Saha plays we're ******. Seriously don't like the man anymore.

To be fair, Saha has a pretty good record vs Chelsea.

Chelsea normally have a **** December so i would definatly trade the months this season with the fixtures we have this month.
hence me going 2-1 to everton, any other time i would back chelsea.

We don't usualy lose to Everton at home hence the key stat of never losing at home in 16years against them. But i do fear a draw.

Back