immortal50

Reaction score
630.png

The big question that presses on the minds of all those who love and support Chelsea is 'Can they win the Champions League?' Since Roman Abramovich bought Chelsea in the summer of 2003 Chelsea have been Semi-Finalists 4 times, Runners-up once and knocked out by Barcelona and Inter in the round of 16 (both teams went on to lift the trophy). It almost seems as if fate is playing a cruel joke on Chelsea supporters and taunting them with the thought of 'what will never be'. But the final is being played at Wembley this year, in the heart of London. Chelsea, natives to London, have made a habit of appearing in Wembley finals since 2007. Three FA Cups, three Community Shields and one League Cup final. This could be their year for glory in European club footballs greatest competition. There would be though, another twist of fate against Chelsea...
Just weeks after leading Chelsea back to their rightful spot at the top of the Premiership and securing a third FA Cup in four years, Carlo Ancellotti has left Chelsea due to a contract dispute with Chelsea hierarchy. With Chelsea fans distraught over losing the manager who made Chelsea history by winning the Double in his first season, Roman turned to an unknown manager by the name of Mansel David.
Mansel.png

This former amateur footballer and small time actor sat down at the Chelsea Press Conference booth with Roman and other members of the Chelsea board and quickly made it known what he planned on doing with the club.
Chelsea is a club of that dreams big and always expects to win something every year. Last year they did the Double, and we all know what the next step would be after that. Roman has expressed to me that he wants to win the Champions League. It would be an amazing honor to be the manager to bring such a prestigious trophy to Chelsea.
Time will tell if Mansel David can bring 'Old Big Ears' to Stamford Bridge, or if he will be the next in a long line of scape goat managers at Chelsea who face the axe prematurely.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a small side note, the name Mansel David was of a tour guide I had when I went to England. He was a nice guy and made a huge impression on me. I am already in December with Chelsea and will post my run of results through my latest game against Manchester United at the Bridge. Enjoy!-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

The Preseason for Chelsea was full of relatively 'routine' victories; 6-0 over the Chelsea Reserves, 2-1 over Partizan, 3-0 over RKC, and 4-1 over Iverness. Other than Ramires being signed from Benfica, the only other signings were young striker Connor Wickham for 3 million pounds from Ipswich, and 28 year old seasoned striker Alberto Gilardino from Fiorentina in a 24 million pound deal. Mansel David felt that Gilardino would fit in nicely with the already menacing attack that featured Drogba, Anelka, Sturridge, and Kalou. Before the league season could begin away to Birmingham and Bolton, there was the matter of the Community Shield game against Manchester United. Last year, Ancellotti lead Chelsea to a 2-2 draw with the Red Devils won 4-1 on penalties. Could Mansel David reproduce the same kind of result?
1301428.png

manutd_1.png
Manchester United 1-4 Chelsea
chelsea_1.png

The scoreline suggests that Chelsea dominated Manchester United and that was far from the truth. It was a much closer game than what the 4-1 score shows. Man Utd started off the brighter of the two teams with Wayne Rooney and new Man Utd star Landon Donovan starting up front and causing many problems for the Chelsea backline. Donovan opened up the scoring for Man Utd in the 12th minute, pouncing on the ball after Cech did well to save Rooney's initial strike. Mansel David went to his technical area and looked out at his team and began to encourage them, and called captain John Terry over to the touchline. "Persevere to persevere" is what the manager told J.T. What he said must have worked, because 11 minutes later the teams were level, but it was Didier Drogba who was Chelsea's inspiration. His free kick hit the hands of Van Der Sar and deflected off the post to bring the Champions back on terms. And only 6 minutes later a horrid back pass from Wes Brown saw Nicolas Anelka capitalize and slot the ball into the net for a 2-1 lead! Ferguson did well to rally the troops however and Man Utd picked up the tempo. Nani, Donovan, and Fletcher all tested the goalkeeper, but Cech was able to deny the trio. Frank Lampard made it 3-1 with 8 minutes left in the first half after Drogba did well to find him in a see of Red shirts. The second half was less of a competition for the first 20 minutes, as Man Utd looked to try and bring themselves back into the game. Alex brought down Nani in the penalty area and Utd had the lifeline they were looking for. Up stepped Wayne Rooney. 26 goals the previous campaign for England's top striker but he was denied by Petr Cech, and Chelsea stormed forward to make it 4-1 after a well places Lampard shot. Back-to-Back Community Shield victories over United, and Chelsea were ready for the defense of their title. Birmingham and Bolton away were the first two League games of the season.

---Not all games will be like this. In fact, I will be posting all of my results up until December against Utd in a very bland fashion. But I look to be doing most games like this, or something like it.---

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

[ ]-will denote who scored ( )-denote how many they have on the LEAGUE season
EPL - 8/14/2010 Birmingham 0-3 Chelsea [Drogba Hat trick Hero]
EPL - 8/21/2010 Bolton 2-3 [Gilardino, Anelka x2]
EPL - 8/28/2010 Chelsea 1-0 Tottenham [Drogba(4)]
EPL - 9/11/2010 Chelsea 3-0 Wolves [Drogba(5), Gilardino(2), Kakuta]
UCL Group D - 9/14/2010 Chelsea 3-0 Benfica [Kalou, Kakuta, Ramires]
EPL - 9/18/2010 Everton 1-2 Chelsea [Gilardino(3), Terry]
LC - 9/21/2010 Swansea 0-1 Chelsea [Terry]
EPL - 9/28/2010 Chelsea 1-0 Manchester City [Drogba6]
UCL Group D - 9/29/2010 Hapoel Tel-Aviv 1-3 Chelsea [Gilardino, Lampard, Terry]
EPL - 10/2/2010 Sunderland 0-0 Chelsea
EPL - 10/10/2010 Chelsea 5-0 Blackpool [Evatt o.g., Anelka(3), Ramires, Gilardino(4), Lampard]
UCL - 10/20/2010 Panathanikos 1-0 Chelsea
EPL - 10/23/2010 Blackburn 1-1 Chelsea [Gilardino(5)]
LC - 10/27/2010 Chelsea 1-3 Tottenham [Anelka]
EPL - 10/30/2010 Chelsea 3-0 Wigan [Gilardino6, Kalou, Anelka(4)]
UCL - 11/2/2010 Chelsea 4-0 Panathanikos [Anelka x2, Kakuta, Lampard]
EPL - 11/6/2010 Chelsea 1-1 Fulham [Drogba(7)]
EPL - 11/9/2010 Chelsea 1-1 Arsenal [Drogba(8)]
EPL - 11/14/2010 Aston Villa 1-2 Chelsea [Lampard(2), Drogba(9)]
EPL - 11/20/2010 Chelsea 3-0 West Bromwich Albion [Anelka(5), Essien, Alex]
UCL - 11/24/2010 Benfica 0-0 Chelsea
EPL - 11/27/2010 Liverpool 1-0 Chelsea

Before the Manchester United game Chelsea were in second place behind Arsenal, who played Wolves at Molineux the same day. Spurs were in 3rd and Sunderland surprisingly in 4th and Manchester United in 5th. Stamford Bridge was the setting for what was sure to be one of the matches that could decide where the title went off to.

Drogba was in third in league scoring with 10, 7 behind top scorer Darren Bent. Gilardino had proven himself to be a competent Chelsea player, netting 7 goals and 6 in the league. He started up front with Drogba and Kalou in a three pronged attack. If Chelsea won and Wolves could cause an upset, they would go back to the top of the table. But what were the chances of Wolves causing an upset?

chelsea_1.png
Chelsea 3-0 Manchester United
manutd_1.png

[Drogba(10), Malouda x2]
Once again Manchester United got off to a bright start, despite the injury to Ryan Giggs in the first 5 minutes. SAF knew that Chelsea would be fragile after their first League defeat of the campaign to Liverpool the week before. Rooney and Berbatov were a constant threat to Cech and his goal, but once more it would be Chelsea who would score the goals. Cech's goal kick found Florent Malouda on the left flank, who passed it Gilardino on the over lapping run. His low cross found Didier Drogba and the big Ivorian slotted home the pass in front of the Matthew Harding stand. Stamford Bridge went crazy and Drogba made it back-to-back league games with a goal against United. In the second half Chelsea reverted to a more defensive style and that gave United the hope they needed to push forward and try to ****** an equalizer. With only 7 minutes left though Alberto Gilardino's shot was parried by Van Der Sar and Florent Malouda pounced and gave Chelsea the 2-0 advantage. What a time to score his first goal of the season! In stoppage time, just 8 minutes later Chelsea sealed off a resounding victory with Kalou finding the Frenchman once more, who coolly struck it with his 'weaker' right foot to make it 3-0. This was Chelsea's biggest win over United in 4 1/2 years and could sent them top, with Wolves upsetting Arsenal 2-1.

The league table, as of Monday Dec 6th, 2010, looks like this
1) Chelsea 37pts
2) Tottenham 35pts
3) Arsenal 34pts
4) Sunderland 33pts
5) Man Utd 28pts (Game in hand)
6) Fulham 27pts
7) Aston Villa 27pts
8) Stoke 27pts
9) Everton 25pts
10) Liverpool 23pts
11) Blackburn 23pts
12) Bolton 22pts
13) Manchester City 22pts
14) West Ham 16pts
15) Wolverhampton 14pts
16) Newcastle United 13pts
17) Wigan Athletic 11pts
18) West Bromwich Albion 10pts
19) Birmingham 8pts
20) Blackpool 5pts

Up next for Chelsea is Mansel's birthday. December 7th, at home to Hapoel Tel-Aviv in the final game of the Champions League Group Stage. Chelsea sit top, one point ahead of Panathanikos. After that West Ham and Newcastle away, Stoke and Bolton at home (Bolton on Boxing Day) and Spurs at the Lane on New Year's Day. Leicester City in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup as the Blues look for a 3rd consecutive FA Cup triumph, the first in the modern era.

Looking really good so far, maybe add some screen shots?:) + i think a few wins coming up before you play Leicester!;)
Good luck, whens the next update btw?:)

Looking really good so far, maybe add some screen shots?:) + i think a few wins coming up before you play Leicester!;)
Good luck, whens the next update btw?:)

I am defeintly looking for a few more wins before the turn of the year. Spurs are right on my tail and I have yet to right of Man Utd, with us still having to go there and a trip to Arsenal as well. I will be adding some more pics, I meant to put some up but I forgot and just kept on typing ya know. I will play out December here at work, and the next update should be in a couple of hours, possibly before lunch. Thanks for the comments!

I am defeintly looking for a few more wins before the turn of the year. Spurs are right on my tail and I have yet to right of Man Utd, with us still having to go there and a trip to Arsenal as well. I will be adding some more pics, I meant to put some up but I forgot and just kept on typing ya know. I will play out December here at work, and the next update should be in a couple of hours, possibly before lunch. Thanks for the comments!
Yeah, you could win the title if you win the vital games. Are you going to look to sign younger players like Phil Jones or players that are already stars? and ok ill have a look in a couple of hours :)

---Just a side note, on the day I beat Man Utd West Ham defeated Blackpool 9-1. **** Hammers stole my thunder, but it was a good way to keep their survival hopes alive.---
December 7th, 2010, and Mansel David turned 53 years old. His wife Abi their 3 children, and 4 grandchildren were in the VIP box at Stamford Bridge with injured stars Ashley Cole and John Terry, and suspended players Ivanovic and Gilardino. Chelsea needed a win at a rocking Stamford Bridge to ensure they would have top spot in the group stage.
2006171.png

Nicolas Anelka was considered the main threat for Hapoel, and he teamed up with the goalless Daniel Sturridge in attack. Lampard, Kakuta, Benayoun and John Obi Mikel made up the diamond midfield; Essien, Bosingwa, Zhirkov, and Alex made up the defense. Lampard was once again handed the arm band as Chelsea ran out to a full house on a beautiful Tuesday night in West London.
From the onset Chelsea looked to dominate, but it wasn't until the 20th minute when the pressure paid off. Anelka and shortly after John Obi Mikel both hit the woodwork and Hapoel were scrambling. Word came in the Panathanikos had taken the lead in Greece to an own goal, but on the half hour mark Chelsea erased any fears the fans may have had. Yossi Benayoun's great footwork and vision started a move that ended with Anelka tapping the ball so easily past the oncoming goal keeper, 1-0 to the Blues. Minor adjustments were made at halftime as Ferreira was subbed on for Bosingwa. Bosingwa was coming back from injury and yet to regain full fitness. With 30 minutes left Mansel David took off Lampard and Sturridge and made a three pronged attack with Drogba, Anelka and the young Borini. With 11 minutes left the extra added pressure paid off and Drogba's audacious ended up in the back of the net and Chelsea were through, 2-0.

5116933.png

John Obi Mikel was Chelsea's Man of the Match, but everyone knew it was a team effort. Only two goals conceded in the group stage was one of Chelsea's best in recent years and the second best in this years competition (Inter only conceded 0!). They piled 4 past Panathanikos at a time when the Greeks had not conceded a goal. 13 points was enough to secure top spot, one point ahead of the Greek side.
It was a very happy birthday for the manager as Chelsea looked forward to an away game against a somewhat rejuvenated West Ham at Upton Park. Of course, only a few critics believed West Ham could repeat its 9 goal spanking of Blackpool.

---Again my thunder was stolen as Fenerbache drew 5-5 with FC Twente.---

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Yeah, you could win the title if you win the vital games. Are you going to look to sign younger players like Phil Jones or players that are already stars? and ok ill have a look in a couple of hours :)

There are a lot of young stars I am looking at right now. I already have Ricardo Quaresma (someone I have always liked...plus I got him for dirt cheap) to join, and Eden Hazard to join in July of 2011. Hazard is a 19 yr old Attacking Midfielder from Lille Metropole. He is coming for around 10 million, and has been toted a potential 'Frank Lampard' player.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

There are a lot of young stars I am looking at right now. I already have Ricardo Quaresma (someone I have always liked...plus I got him for dirt cheap) to join, and Eden Hazard to join in July of 2011. Hazard is a 19 yr old Attacking Midfielder from Lille Metropole. He is coming for around 10 million, and has been toted a potential 'Frank Lampard' player.[/QUOTE]

Good update btw, and a good result, who you got in the next round?
+ i always liked Quaresma, whats his crossing/finishing like? It will be interesting to see how Hazard turns out ,you intending to use him as a long term replacement to Lampard? And also, look at Subotic and Phil Jones, because although you probably already know this, both great defenders :)

Well here is the problem with something that just happened. I had a whole list of results posted through December and the beginning of January. Somehow they all got deleted. I will just post them on here and start to add things once more. I have no idea how this happened and I am very ******. So please be patient with me. I will try to have it all up working and looking nice by tomorrow.

Here are the games I am speaking of

West Ham 1 - 1 Chelsea [Lampard]
Newcastle 1 - 7 Chelsea [Malouda x3, Lampard, Gilardino, Drogba, Anelka]
Chelsea 1 - 1 Stoke City [Kalou]
Chelsea 2 - 1 Bolton [Gilardino, Anelka]
Tottenham 1 - 1 Chelsea [Malouda]
Chelsea 2 - 0 Birmingham [Drogba, Ramires]
Chelsea 3 - 0 Leicester [Terry, Lampard x2] (FA Cup)
Wolves 3 - 1 Chelsea [Drogba]

Yea I know, I was definitely rocked by the Wolves result, but Man U lost 4-0 at Sunderland the same day.

1) Chelsea 49 Pts
2) Sunderland 44 Pts
3) Tottenham 44 Pts
4) Arsenal 43 Pts
5) Manchester United 43 Pts

Like I said I will try to run through some games and get a good update tomorrow. I am sorry if anyone was interested but I am still trying to find out why it was all deleted.

Thanks guys.

Eh.. not that all into this story. The layout for results and goal scorers just seems a bit cluttered. I'd prefer it more spaced out and stuff maybe this is just a pet peeve of mine.

but the results are going well as you'd expect them too. keep it up with some minor improvements this could be good :)

Eh.. not that all into this story. The layout for results and goal scorers just seems a bit cluttered. I'd prefer it more spaced out and stuff maybe this is just a pet peeve of mine.

but the results are going well as you'd expect them too. keep it up with some minor improvements this could be good :)

Oh trust me, there will be improvements. I had a lot of things layed out and then somehow they were deleted. So once I get a few more games done then there will be a lot more pictures and things. The story will get better I promise. The holidays are what are keeping me down right now. Thanks for the comment though. I will take what you have said and try to make it better. I really appreciate the comment

---------- Post added at 05:50 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:50 PM ----------

630.png

Wolverhampton Wanderer 3-1 Chelsea. Mansel David hung his head as Stephen Hunt struck home the goal that sealed it for Wolves deep into stoppage time. The only saving grace was Sunderland shocked Manchester United 4-0 at the Stadium of Light. Sunderland became Chelsea's closest rivals in 2nd place with 44 points, while the Blues had 49. Everton were the next team to travel to Stamford Bride, before the 4th Round of the FA Cup took Chelsea to Ewood Park (a place they drew 1-1 at earlier in the League Campaign).

chelsea_1.png
Chelsea 3 - 0 Everton
everton_3.png

David Moyes' Toffees were 10th at the beginning of play. Mansel knew that Drogba would be vital in this game, and gave him the go ahead to be the lone striker in attack. Alex had returned from his injury but was not started. After a decent debut against Wolves, newly signed Phil Jones was given a spot on the bench. Chelsea piled on the pressure from the opening exchanges, and just after the quarter hour mark, Didier Drogba fired Chelsea in front. Tim Howard was powerless to stop the big Ivorian's strike. And just 7 minutes later he was up to the task once more. Heitenga's back pass was snatched up by Drogba and seconds later Chelsea were 2-0 up. Drogba was involved in the next goal for Chelsea 90 seconds later when his pass found Malouda and not even a half hour in and the game looked all but lost for Everton. The second half saw no more goals but Chelsea did keep the pressure on Tim Howard, and the Blues got the three points they needed.
6201102.png

To the surprise of no one Didier Drogba was the Man of the Match. Two goals and assist for the front man. Drogba had 18 goals in all competitions and 16 in the league. Darren Bent led the league with an amazing 26 goals, and Drogba was 4th on the list. After putting Everton to the sword, up next was Blackburn Rovers in the FA Cup. Before the game against Blackburn, the Carling Cup Semi-Finals were played. Fulham knocked out Reading and Cardiff were unable to avenge their defeat to Portsmouth in the FA Cup final in '08, as Pompey reached its second major final in as many years.
Fireworks were already set off before the game when Sam Alardyce came out and said that he was not a fan of Mansel David. David offered up no reply and only said...
Chelsea will be in the next round of the FA Cup. I can guarantee it.
1301426.png

FA Cup 4th Round
blackburn_1.png
Blackburn 1 - 2 Chelsea
chelsea_2.png

The same tactics were utilized when Chelsea entered Lancashire for their FA Cup tie, except Drogba and Anelka were on the bench and for the mid-week clash against 2nd placed Sunderland. Gilardino started up front and Gael Kakuta took Anelka's spot on the right flank. Nikola Kalinic got Blackburn into a shock lead on 20 minutes, only to be equalized by Gilardino 8 minutes later. John Obi Mikel's red card on the eve of half time changed any plans that Mansel David would have had for the team. With David's guarantee on the line John Terry scored his 5th of the year in stoppage time in the second half to put Chelsea into the 5th Round. Big Sam gave Mansel a half hearted handshake before he left the pitch.

---I will have more updates soon. With the holidays it may be a little hard to play but I will try and find time.---

Last edited:
---Sorry for the gaps in updates. The holidays have been busy. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas---

After defeated Everton and progressing through to the next round of the FA Cup (which they were drawn to play either Middlesbrough or rock bottom Birmingham), Chelsea returned home for a 1 v 2 meeting against the biggest surprise of the season, Sunderland. The Black Cats had already beaten Manchester United, Manchester City, Newcastle, and Aston Villa at the Stadium of Light...held Chelsea 0-0 there in October, and beaten Arsenal away. They sat in 2nd place, 5 points off of Chelsea. A win at Stamford Bridge would be icing on what has already been a very enjoyable cake for Steve Bruce.
Mansel David opted to go with Drogba and Gilardino up front together, with Anelka and Sturridge on the flanks. Essien and Lampard commanded the midfield while the new youngster Phil Jones made his second start since joining from Rovers. Drogba was looking to add to his 14 league goals, and the Black Cats striker Darren Bent wanted to take his tally from 26, to 27!
630.png
Chelsea 2-1 Sunderland
722.png

Clear at the top!
Sunderland wasted no time in trying to dictate the pace of the game and took the game to Chelsea. But Chelsea had a few tricks up their sleeves as well. Free kicks from Drogba and Lampard tested Craig Gordon on several occasions, while Petr Cech basked in the London sunlight. When it came time for the big Cech to make a save, he did, at the half hour mark Bent's header from 7 yards out was palmed to the side and cleared by captain John Terry. Seven minutes later and Chelsea finally was able to breakdown Sunderland. Sturridge picked a cross field pass from Paulo Ferreira and threaded it through to Alberto Gilardino who knew that he had to score, and he did. The shot was too powerful and went right through the hands of Craig Gordon. In the second half, Sunderland were the more adventurous team. Bent, Malbrounqe, and Mensah all had shots saved by Chelsea's #1. Gilardino doubled the Blues lead 25 minutes from time when Drogba dribbled the ball from midfield and chipped it into the 6 yard box. Gilardino's header hit the back of the net in front of the Shed End and Chelsea fans were ecstatic. It was nervy few minutes though when in injury time Darren Bent finally got his goal, but it was too little too late and Chelsea were clear at the top once more.
5640119.png

The mighty Cech was declared Man of the Match for his tremendous stops and saves during the game. He kept pushing Chelsea forward and helped them seize the vital three points. He would need to be in top form against Chelsea's next opponents though, Manchester City. The two richest clubs in England were having a contrast in seasons. Chelsea were of course top of the table while City languished down in 12th. Mancini had been under fire as of late but still had enough time to tell the presses that he believed Chelsea were the team to win the league. Once more David changed up the line-up. Drogba was the lone front man with a 5 man midfield.
679.png
Manchester City 1-1 Chelsea
630.png

To the surprise of many, it was Chelsea who was on top most of the day. Drogba, and Terry were the closest to score in the opening exchanges. Tevez, who is always a constant threat to Chelsea, was kept at bay for most of the opening half. It was to be a Blue start to the game though. Lampard's shot ricocheted off of the bar and a poor clearance from Joe Hart left it to Malouda who accepted the invitation to score. Although the referees never saw it, Malouda was at least a yard offside. After a few moments of City players complaining to the ref (and 2 yellow cards later), City were rejuvenated. And right before half time Carlos Tevez finally got his goal and brought City level. The game ended 1 a piece but Mansel David felt it was a good point earned.
2004697.png

Frank Lampard's performance gave him the Man of the Match. Chelsea were looking forward to the next two games; away trips to Blackpool and Marseille. But the real joy would be in April when Chelsea went to Arsenal, had Liverpool at home, and then away to Man Utd all back-to-back-to-back. By the end of the weekend (after Chelsea drew with City) Man Utd were in 2nd place, 6 points behind Chelsea. Sunderland were in third, Arsenal in 4th, and Spurs in 5th. But the drama was just beginning with a loaded end to the League and European seasons ahead for Chelsea.

Layout could be better, In-game screenshots like league table would also look good instead of writing that Utd were 6 pts behind you and all that. Also, you could vary your font. For example, the headline such as "Blues win the league" should be in bold and size 3 or 4. And some statistical data could also do good instead of writing long and lengthy articles.

For example-

Chelsea lift the title yet again
chelsea-title-win.jpg

It was a memorable season yet again for the Blues under new manager XYZ as they lifted the Premier League title for the second time in a row.The Blues faced Sunderland in their last match this season and needed a win to bring silverware to Stamford Bridge.And they wrapped it up in style, scoring 5 goals in the process. The game ended-

Chelsea 5-1 Sunderland

soccerholic.info-drogba.jpg

Drogba's hat-trick sealed title defense

Goal Scorers-
Chelsea
Drogba 10' 32' 67'
Lampard 25'
Alex 56'

Sunderland
Gyan 43'​

Cole Resumes Full Training
Chelsea's squad was boosted with the news that Ashley Cole is back to full fitness after his injury layoff.
ManselDavidNews_Inbox-1.png

613.png
Blackpool 1 - 2 Chelsea
630.png

Chelsea Struggle to Win; United and Spurs Leave it Late
Phil Jones scored his first ever goal for Chelsea only to see it canceled out by Taylor-Fletcher. 5 minutes before the end of the half Drogba scored his 100th Chelsea goal to keep the Blues on top. United and Spurs both came from behind to secure draws, and Arsenal beat Liverpool 1-0 at the Emirates.

Mansel David said to Sky Sports -
Ashley Cole looked great after coming on at halftime. He looked like he had never been injured or missed any time away from the pitch....I am a little disappointed with how the second half went but now we have extended our lead and have confidence heading to France in midweek.

Much better mate, liking this. Following. Hope you follow mine as well

---This post will take me through the first week of March, right after the UCL Second Leg game at home against Marseille...enjoy---
EnglishPremierDivisionInformation_LeagueTable-2.png

Top of the table morning still, and there was an 8 point gap with 11 games left. Chelsea could smell the title. Up next was a trip to France against Marseille, followed the 5th Round of the FA Cup against either Middlesbrough or Birmingham.

EuropeanChampionsCupMatches_FixturesResults.png

Malouda Secures Away Goal
Marseille 1-1 Chelsea
Diawara '28; Malouda '62
Malouda.jpg

Chelsea struggled in the France, but it was their French winger who gave them a little bit of an edge heading into the game at Stamford Bridge. Diawara scored his first of the season to give Marseille the lead before Malouda's second half goal. A disappointing draw, but the manager will be happy with the away goal.
Things did not go so well for the other two English Clubs in the last 16. United were beaten 1-0 by Lyon and Arsenal were beaten 3-2 in a thrilling match with Rangers.
Up next was a home fixture in the FA Cup against Championship side Middlesbrough. The word 'treble' had been heard around the halls of Stamford Bridge but Mansel David did well to keep his team focused on each match as they came along. Last year's double winners continued on with the defense the FA Cup (the trophy they have 3 times in 4 years), and Stamford Bridge was rocking. Chelsea rested John Terry, Frank Lampard, Petr Cech, and Didier Drogba for the visit of Middlesbrough; would it be a tactic that paid off in the end?
1301426.png

FA Cup 5th Round; Kakuta on form for the Blues
Chelsea 3-0 Middlesbrough
Kakuta '19, Benayoun '44, Gilardino '63
34001371.png

The little French Winger Gael Kakuta scored and set up the third as Chelsea flexed their muscle and showed their superiority over lowly Middlesbrough. Benayoun scored his first ever goal for Chelsea, and Gilardino showed why Chelsea paid over 20 million for him. The 6th Round Draw paired Chelsea up with title rivals Sunderland, in another clash at Stamford Bridge.
Wigan at home would be the next league fixture for Chelsea. If results all went Chelsea's way, the title could be wrapped up near the end of April. But the Champions still had to play away games at Arsenal and United and host Liverpool, all in April. Before the game against the Latics, the table looked like this...
EnglishPremierDivisionInformation_LeagueTable-2.png

11-2.png

Malouda Brace Seals Win; United Comeback to Win
Chelsea 3-0 Wigan Athletic
Lampard (PK) '8, Malouda '47,'81
Hull-City-vs-Chelsea-FC-29-10-2008-chelsea-fc-2709289-2560-1707.jpg

It was a good day in West London for those who support the boys in Blue. 3-0 over Wigan meant another win and another 3 points. Tottenham drew with Sunderland, and Man Utd came back to beat Arsenal to be our closest rivals. Eight points clear at the top with only 10 games left. Stamford Bridge was preparing for another title celebration.
Up next was the West London Derby at Craven Cottage. Fulham drew with Chelsea 1-1 at the Bridge earlier in the campaign. Three more points here and Chelsea would have their fingertips on the trophy. Fulham was riding a wave of confidence however, breaking their barren trophy less spell with a League Cup win over Portsmouth by a 4-1 scoreline.
FulhamvPortsmouthInformation_Overview.png

11-2.png

Demolition 'Derby' In West London
Fulham 2 - 5 Chelsea
Dempsey '23, Murphy PK Saved '32, Dembele '60; Malouda '14, Gilardino '17, Anelka PK '30, Terry '43, Alex '57
Chelsea_FC_vs_4f11.jpg

Petr Cech picked up the 'Barclay's Player of the Month' award before the game against Fulham and capped off a great performance by saving Danny Murphy's 32 minutes penalty. 5 goals from 5 different scorers gave Chelsea a huge result over their local rivals. Florent Malouda continued his fine form, having scored 5 goals in his last 6 games, bringing his tally to ten on the season. United drew with Aston Villa so Chelsea were 10 points clear with 9 matches left. The Blues could, theoretically, retain the title on April the 30, at Old Trafford. But that was still two months away, and there was a lot of football to be played.
Marseille was up next and Chelsea knew that had to secure the right result if they wanted to continue on with their goal of being crowned the Champions of Europe.
Blues Through, Marseille's Hopes Crushed
Chelsea 1-0 Marseille
Anelka '7
Nicolas Anelka fired the Blues into the Quarter Finals with his close ranged finish to cap off an exceptional night for the Blues. Gilardino had the chance to make it 2-0 late on but his effort crashed off the woodwork. Chelsea, United, and Arsenal all made it trough to the next round.
EuropeanChampionsCupMatches_FixturesResults-3.png

EnglishPremierDivisionInformation_LeagueTable-3.png

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

1301426.png

FA Cup 6th Round; Drogba's Double Seals Victory
Chelsea 3-1 Sunderland
Gilardino '21, Drogba (PK) '64, (PK) '73; Bent '69
foot_1246587c.jpg

Didier Drogba came off the bench to add to Gilardino's first half opener and send Chelsea yet another major cup semi-final. Chelsea were holding onto what they considered to be 'Their' FA Cup. Bent once again broke through Chelsea's goal, that was being commanded by Hilario. Chelsea were drawn against Bolton in the Semi-Finals, and Man City or Newcastle would play Stoke in the other semi-final.
The Quarter Final draw for the Champions League was made. There were some mouth watering clashes, including England vs England, and Spain vs Spain!

EuropeanChampionsCupInformation_Stages.png

Despite being 'Cup Tied' and not able to play against the Black Cats, Chelsea fans had voiced their approval and joy over the signing of young defender Phil Jones from Blackburn Rovers. Blackburn would coincidentally be the next home game, followed by the visit of Aston Villa, the first leg of the Champions League Quarter Finals, and a trip to the Hawthornes against West Bromwich Albion. The war of words began once more as Big Sam was out to unsettle Chelsea and their manager before the match.

11-2.png

Blues Held By Rovers
Chelsea 1-1 Blackburn Rovers
Essien '2; Dunn '86
Although they only had ten men, Rovers produced another great results and nipped a point off of Chelsea right at the end of the game. Manchester United thumped W.B.A. 6-1 at Old Trafford and the gap was now 8 points. But Chelsea, despite what the media was saying, was not sweating it at all. 7 games unbeaten since the loss to Wolves, and Chelsea were looking good value to keeping that unbeaten run alive.
11-2.png

April Showers In London
Chelsea 1 - 1 Aston Villa
Alex '32; Agbonlahor '36
Back-to-back draws at home is not what Chelsea wanted or what they needed. The gap was now 6 points and up next was the visit of Manchester United for the First Leg of the Champions League Quarter Finals.

Malouda Magic Sinks United With A 5 Star Performance!!!
Chelsea 5 - 0 Manchester United
Malouda '32 '59, Anelka '34, Lampard '76, O'Shea O.G. '90
chelsea_205264.jpg

It was a memorable night for Chelsea, and one of their best European performances to date. They literally dominated Manchester United from the start and despite Kakuta, Drogba, Alex, and Ivanovic going off injured AND finishing with 10 men, Chelsea trounced Manchester United and are surely in the Semi-Finals. Malouda made it four goals against United this season for Chelsea, and is proving to be one of the stars of the season. A five star performance from Chelsea, and United's worst defeat by the Blues in almost 10 years. Manchester United only had one shot on goal and it was not even on target. Barca 1-0 Real, Inter 1-1 Arsenal, Sevilla 0-3 Bayern Munich were the other results.
ChelseavManUtdInformation_Overview.png

(It doesn't show it, but Drogba and Kakuta went off int he second half)
11-2.png

Beating Up By The Baggies
West Bromwich Albion 3 - 1 Chelsea
Dorrans '22, Miller '38, Odemwingie '45+1; Lampard PK '5
Chelsea's lead was trimmed down to three points as West Brom destroyed the Blues. Manchester United defeated Newcastle 3-1 at Old Trafford to help rejuvenate their title ambitions. Liverpool won their game and surprised everyone by hopping up to 4th place. Up next was the second leg of the Champions League Quarter Finals, at Old Trafford. Thus far Chelsea have outscored United 12-1 in all competitions (4-1 CS, 3-0 EPL, 5-0 UCL).

Chelsea Through Despite Loss
Manchester United 3 - 2 Chelsea
Rooney '13, Giggs '24, Ferdinand '54; Drogba '15, Cole '68
Although the scoreline showed Manchester United besting Mansel David for the first time in 4 matches, Chelsea knew they got the bigger victory; a passage way to the Champion's League Semi Finals. Joining them were Bayern Munich, Barcelona, and Arsenal. It has been a successful campaign thus far and the word 'Treble' is beginning to get louder and louder in West London. Up next for Chelsea was the small matter of the FA Cup Semi Finals against Bolton Wanderers.
The Semi-Final of the Champions League conjured up old rivalries as Chelsea faced off against FC Barcelona. Arsenal will play Bayern Munich (last years finalists) in the other Semi-Final.
I am excited to be playing a club the size of Barcelona, but to be honest I would have rather it been the final, as I wish when we played Man U that it was possibly the final. We are ready for whatever the rest of the season has in store for us.
--- Mansel David to Chelsea TV
The same day that Chelsea played Bolton, Liverpool hosted Manchester United. If United won then they would be level with Chelsea on points, but if they lost then Chelsea would have the upper hand. All eyes of Blues fans were fixed on Wembley, and their ears at Anfield.
1301426.png

Understrength Chelsea Defeat Bolton In Thriller
Chelsea 5 - 3 Bolton Wanderers
Ramires 9', Knight O.G. '75, Gilardino '111, Mikel '113, Terry '119; Suarez PK '19, Klasnic '40, Davies '108
An amazing match that saw 8 goals in 2 hours of football. The final 15 minutes provided the real drama 4 goals were punched in during that time. Zat Knight's O.G. in the 75th minutes gave Chelsea a way back into the match, and the Blues accepted it with open arms. After Kevin Davies looked to have won the game, Alberto Gilardino scored and made it 3-3, but shortly after John Obi Mikel made it 4-3, and Chelsea did not look back. A fourth FA Cup Final in five years and their third in a row, surely the FA had become a part of Chelsea.
Elsewhere Liverpool drew 1-1 with Manchester United, leaving the gap at 2 points. Chelsea had a game in hand and could make it 5 points if they were to beat Arsenal in the middle of the week.
Drogba was inured and would miss three weeks for Chelsea, including the Barca games, Arsenal, and Liverpool, and possibly the trip to Old Trafford at the end of the month.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:18 PM ----------

Up next for Chelsea was a series of season defining fixtures. Away to Arsenal, at home to Liverpool, away to Barcelona, away to Manchester United, and finally at home to Barcelona. The Blues were two points ahead of Man Utd before the midweek kickoff against Arsenal. If Chelsea could win their next three League matches it would put them one step closer to the title they won last season. Unfortunately for Chelsea they would be without Drogba for the first four games in this crucial time. Could they cope without him?
11-2.png

Arsenal Stun Chelsea; Chamakh Doubles Up
Arsenal 2-1 Chelsea
Chamakh '30, '83; Gilardino '74
Chelsea's chance to increase the gap at the top once more was put to an end by two goals from Chamakh. Wenger and crew moved up to third and continued to pursue a bid to play in next year's Champion's League. Back-to-back League defeats was not something that Mansel David was hoping to replicate anytime soon. With the visit of Liverpool just a few days a way, Chelsea knew that they needed to recover fast if they wanted to maintain their slender lead that at one stage was 10 points.
11-2.png

Chelsea Sink Liverpool
Chelsea - Liverpool
Malouda '13, Sturridge '18, Essien '26, Agger O.G '89.; Fano '77, '80
5127717.png

It was quite easily Daniel Sturridge's most influential game this season. Chelsea erased what bad memories they had of their earlier loss to Liverpool and gave themselves great confidence ahead of the trip to Spain against FC Barcelona. Two goals from Fano made the end a little nervy for the Blues but Chelsea were able to cling to a vital win. Chelsea were still without the services of Didier Drogba for the next three matches, but confidence was high and they had a belief that they could take to Barca. Chelsea would also be without Captain John Terry, as he reached the limit of Yellow Cards in the fixtures against Man United.

Nou Camp Rumble
Barcelona 1 - 1 Chelsea
Pique '57; Gilardino '6
An early goal from the Italian Gilardino gave Chelsea one foot in the finals. It was unfortunate that he received a yellow card and would miss the second leg. Phil Jones played a perfect game for Chelsea and was a contender for Man of the Match, which went to Michael Essien. Jones has proven to be a great winter signing this season. Chelsea had the chances to win on numerous occasions; Sturridge was denied by the woodwork and Lampard saw an effort saved late on in the game. Up next was the trip to Old Trafford. A win would see Chelsea extended their lead and almost secure the title.

11-2.png

Two Points Dropped...One Step Closer To The Title
Manchester United 1-1 Chelsea
Rooney '10; Gilardino '73
Alberto Gilardino rescued Chelsea once more and helped them earn a vital point at Old Trafford. Chelsea sat at 71 points, with United on 69. It looked as if the race would once again go down to the wire. With Chelsea missing some key players, the match against Barcelona at Stamford Bridge would be tricky, but Chelsea took comfort in knowing that they had the away goal. Frank Lampard would also miss the game due to injury; he could also miss the FA Cup Final.
In Premier League news, after 6 season in the League Wigan had been relegated with 3 games left in the season. There is no speculation as to whether or nor Roberto Martinez's job is in jeopardy. Roy Hodgson was fired after Liverpool failed to win against Bolton and were defeated 4-0 at Anfield by the Trotters. Harry Redknapp took over at Anfield and Alan Shearer joined Spurs as their new manager.

Bound For Wembley!
Chelsea 3 - 0 Barcelona
Terry '29, Malouda '54, Anelka '72
134.jpg

Chelsea fans everywhere did not expect the result the Blues got over Barcelona. 3-0 on the night and 4-1 on aggregate and Chelsea were Wembley bound. Inspirational captain John Terry started off the scoring before the half hour mark and Florent Malouda added the second to continue his amazing season. Anelka added the third with 18 minutes left and he deserved the goal he got. Malouda was man of the match and Chelsea were off to Wembley. Their opponents, Arsenal. It was only the second time two England teams played in the finals of the European Cup and it was fitting that London's top two clubs played at Wembley for the ultimate prize in European Club Football. With three league games left and two finals to play, Chelsea were looking for the Treble!!!

League Table as of May 4, 2011
EnglishPremierDivisionInformation_LeagueTable-4.png